KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fetch Robotics Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2021

Found 17 of over 24 reviews

3.4
Fetch Robotics CEO Melonee Wise (no image)
Melonee Wise
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Mar 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting products and technology A large majority of the employees are very talented and fun to work with Great business opportunity (good market-product match) Effective leadership Good benefits

Cons

Can be stressful since high demand from the market results in a lot of valuable things that need to be done

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Analyst Predict in 5.5 years that deployment locations of AMR's will grow from 4k to 50k

Jun 5, 2019 - Strategic Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The amount of innovation, growth (personal and professional), and market opportunities are the next level with Fetch. If you are looking for a Complimentary Cappuccino Bar go work at Facebook. I've worked for Fetch for over 4 months now and I'm in love with the process. I gave up on drinking Start-Up Kool-Aid years ago and if you can make the cut and get an offer letter I'd highly suggest joining if you are a winner and not a whiner.

Cons

The only con is reading a few of the people that have posted Glassdoor Reviews that are addicted to whining, entitlement issues, and an undiagnosed borderline personality disorder.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting Tech - Growing Market

Jun 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and engaged team working on technology that solves actual problems for customers. Good culture, lots of young team members with lots of energy. Fast growth environment with deep technology. Strong sales team uncovering strong customer interest. Generous benefits and vacation, with an expectation of hard work and delivery.

Cons

Relatively young team learning how to scale a rapidly growing company. The team needs strong and experienced leadership - particularly in engineering and HR. Young managers need guidance on how to recruit, mentor and have more accountability in their teams.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Fun Projects & Meaningful Work

Nov 27, 2017 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

First of all, I get to work on the latest and hottest technology in the field, e.g. Cassandra, Kafka, Kubernetes, and ROS. Language wise I get to write in Go, Python, JavaScript, and C++. Besides being useful to the company, these skills have added a lot of value to me in my terms of my career in software engineering. The software I write has the capacity to manipulate the physical world, and to me that means a lot. Our software can direct a robot to move. As the robot moves, its sensor can reflect information about the physical world in forms of data back to us. Then we use the data to create powerful insight about the robot's environment. That is very exciting to me.

Cons

Here's a minor one, we don't get to use Mac in robotics, everything is exclusively linux. It's fine to me in most cases, except when I want to work on a laptop, I'd prefer a mac over thinkpad.

6. 5.0

Top tier company

Oct 11, 2017 - Full Stack Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn about different aspects of software development. Be it front end UI design, back end data modeling, streaming sensor data from robot to server, or doing an architectural refactor, there is a huge variety of projects to work on and learn from. Also the people are helpful, cool, and smart. There are fun activities to do like fetch fitness and badminton. Sometimes the kitchen is stocked with really fancy drinks and snacks.

Cons

No ping pong table yet. However this is confirmed to change in a couple of months when we move to a bigger building.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Software Engineer

Oct 11, 2017 - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Building out state of the art cloud services for fleet management. Getting to learn how to challenging problems including scalability and efficient data communciation.

Cons

The office is to small for us at this point.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting Place to Work

Jan 13, 2020 - Computer Analyst II in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many different problems to tackle at this company. You can take on a lot of responsibility in order to learn about different areas of robotics.

Cons

Fetch is growing at a pretty rapid pace. They are still trying to figure out how to scale their operations in a manageable way.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Perspective from recruiter contact to leaving the company

Jun 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Start up, lots of excitement, fresh ideas, an actual product that works, good benefits, you have an amazing recruiter who made my experience unique and second to none and by that I’m surprised given you are a start up. That’s gold anywhere and in my years of interviewing and dealing w recruiters with top notch companies; she’s gold! Good onboarding system. Managers smart but not when it comes to dealing w issues or suggestions.

Cons

But need more perks, recognition of good hard working employees, training of management (dir’s have even accepted to faults and needing training), more social activity: attract potential candidates by supporting: black history month, lgbtq month, earth day (go out and volunteer) etc post photos of inclusion letting ppl know out there that your company is a fair and equal and that you support everyone! There are ppl in your company that fall in these categories but nothing to show for it like other start ups: One of the reasons why I left for a bigger company. Everyone is really very closed in their own groups and don’t allow for others to join or at least I never felt like I could approach. Too engineer mentality thinking they are better.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 1, 2019 - Some Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- work culture - salary - benefits - respect for women

Cons

- no cafeteria - no RSUs

5 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0

Electromechanical Technician

Sep 29, 2015 - Electromechanical Technician in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good, smart people, enjoyable to work with. New products easy to understand and work on. Good documentation.

Cons

There are no cons on this company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews