Fetter Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
David Fetter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work, though challenging and stressful at times."

I have been working at Fetter Logic full-time

Pros

The people who work here are the main reason that this is a great place to work. There is a sense of family and community that doesn't exist at most companies. We have all shared good times and bad and it makes us stronger as a team. Fetter Logic understands that happy employees are good employees and there are many non-monetary benefits to working here.

Cons

The release schedule is usually very aggressive and that makes for some late nights and weekends. It isn't always like that though, usually only a couple weeks before or after a release. This can lead to a good deal of stress on the entire staff but everyone handles it with good spirits.

Advice to Management

I don't believe in getting a raise just because you put a certain amount of time in, but there are several employees who have taken on extra responsibilities and they haven't been compensated for that. I also don't believe that money should be the main reason why you work hard and take on extra responsibilities so even an encouraging "thank you" from upper management would be appreciated. Many people are filling multiple roles and acknowledgement of that fact would be awesome.

2. "Penurious"

Former Employee - SQL Database Administrator in Denver, CO

Pros

You are allowed to think you can change things
    There are lots of open positions
    The average person feels smarter working there

Cons

You cannot change things, you can try, but they will stop you...
    Top heavy at best Team Leads anywhere else masquerading as Management
    Antiqued Architecture--running off 15 year old technology, three to five major versions behind in everything
    Huge technology GAP, someone needs to assess all staff skills....
    Huge Process GAP
    Huge Training GAP
    Huge Communication GAP
    No one works together well, most lack basic verbal and written communication skills… reminds me of the scene from Zoolander when they are beating on the computer with sticks trying to get information out of it
    Penurious…
    Paycheck did Bounce

Advice to Management

Stop lying to the board
    Stop abusing your employee's
    Get some professional help
    Get your Disaster Recovery Site up and working already, your investors think there data is safe

"Driven but volatile company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Driven company with hard-working and passionate individuals across all levels of the organization. Company has managed to withstand rough periods in industry and high employee turnover.

Cons

Volatile environment with individuals working hard vs. smart. Collaborative, communicative, and peaceful culture have not been among this organization's (or its management's) strengths.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring and committing to professional managers to help organization sustainably grow, if that is the objective of the firm.

"HORRIBLE! The WORST job experience EVER!"

I have been working at Fetter Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, but convinced they have to pay high in order to attract employees. The pay is not worth it. Do not let yourself be enticed by money!

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. They can't keep good people to save their life. Management is belittling and unsupportive. Hours are ridiculous. Expectations are that you are available all hours of the day, 7 days a week. No respect for personal time. No work-life balance. Have hardly spent time with my family since I started. Convinced the positive reviews were written to purposely offset the negative ones otherwise this company would have a 1 star rating and that's because Glass Door won't let you select no stars. Don't let the money fool you. This is a highly volatile environment with senior management screaming at each other and their employees all the time. Seriously reconsider working here. The negative reviews are correct!!!! Do NOT believe the positive ones!!

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people with respect and get over yourself.

"Stay away from these people."

I worked at Fetter Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of a pro.

Cons

Unqualified upper management with huge egos and not tact.

"ZERO STARS!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COMPANY IS UNPROFESSIONAL!"

I have been working at Fetter Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, but that's how they lure you in. Once you come face to face with the President of this company, you will understand why people leave.

Cons

Obviously some of these reviews below were written to cover up the bad ones. I personally watched as the President put people down in executive staff meetings, cuss out employees, and demand employees work long hours. Very unpredictable personality.

Advice to Management

Management team cycles out every year or so. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy!

7. "Opportunity for advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fetter Logic full-time

Pros

This company gives its employees lots of opportunity for advancement. You won't be stuck in one department doing only one thing; you get the chance to expand your skills and get involved in many different areas and skills, if that is what you desire. The manager are very willing to work with you on scheduling, work from home, time off, and offers training as well.

Cons

The work hours can be non-standard, and the work can be reactionary, as opposed to pro-active. This company is experiencing growing pains, but work is never boring and dull.

Advice to Management

Encourage pro-active thinking and scalability throughout operations and architecture. The atmosphere is that of a start-up, but some stability and standardization on procedures can go a long way.

8. "Great company if you are self starter"

Former Employee - Operational Support in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Operational Support in Denver, CO

I worked at Fetter Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment. You are able to define your position and take on new responsibilities. Compensation and benefits for a company of this size are good; particularly health insurance and personal time

Cons

Some days can be stressful and this is not the right company if you are used to a leisurely pace.

Advice to Management

I would encourage more day to day engagement with the staff, and for certain positions better load balancing

"Hostile and unproductive work environment."

Former Employee - Upper Management in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Upper Management in Denver, CO

I worked at Fetter Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good when payroll was not late.

Cons

Temperamental management, management lacks experience in dealing with projects and with people.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people with respect.

"Worse experience of my life!"

Former Employee - SQL Database Administrator in Denver, CO

I worked at Fetter Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly could not think of one. My entire experience was horrific.

Cons

Wow. My short term employment with Fetter Logic was gut-wrenching. I have never experienced (both personally and professionally) such a condescending, belittling, battered way of being treated. No matter what one completes, one is made to feel it is not good enough and my experiences from Senior Management is beyond anything GlassDoor would allow me to post. How dare a company treat people so terribly. Why?

Advice to Management

You should be ashamed for the yelling and making people to feel so small. I will not drop any names (or specific titles), but there are some serious uncalled for anger issues to be evaluated. I would advise you reward those who actually do thier jobs but it does not matter....