KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fidelis Care Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2022

Found 558 of over 571 reviews

3.4
Fidelis Care EVP and CFO Thomas J. Halloran  (no image)
Thomas J. Halloran

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay for minimum skills(in 53 reviews)
  • "Good benefits although over the years the company has watered them down into less then what was originally offered when I started.(in 48 reviews)
  • "Good people at Fidelis Care(in 31 reviews)
  • "The salary was competitive.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers but that's pretty much the extent of it.(in 18 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Fidelis Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good

Mar 5, 2022 - Customer Care Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a good place to work at

Cons

I dont have None at the moment

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Much Better Than Others

Jul 28, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Long Island City, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Many depts are either fully remote or partially remote. *clear directions. There's no guessing what management wants because they are clear. If you aren't sure, you can ask them and not be made to feel inadequate. *managers care if you have a personal issue and need to temporarily alter your schedule or turn something in late. They will try their best to work with you. *if you're falling behind, you can talk to your manager without fear of it being held against you later. They will do whatever needs to be done for you to catch up and succeed. *actual useful feedback. When I make a mistake, the manager will explain the mistake and what could be done differently. They don't turn a mistake into a first degree crime. *managers will develop their staff. I've gotten lots of extra opportunities (and recognition!) from my manager that will help me if/when I choose to move up in the company *higher ups recognize and appreciate the work you do. They of course still tell you if something needs to be improved, but I always feel like the upper management notices and appreciates my hard work *diverse staff and management. With hard work, anyone can move up in Fidelis no matter who you are or what you look like. The managers look at your work performance, not your race/gender/etc. *managers actually manage. For example, if you're having difficulty with IT or another dept, you can count on your manager to address it. *optional overtime. You can safely say no to overtime and not have it used against you later on. The management respects that we're not married to the job.

Cons

(I've worked at 3 insurance companies prior to Fidelis. I can honestly say there are not too many cons here. This is truly one of the better companies in regards to treating the staff well.) *the pay and vacation time could be a bit better. But in my opinion, less pay at a job where you're treated nice is better than high pay in a bad job. *the insurance could be a bit cheaper. But Fidelis' benefits are standard for this industry.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 31, 2022 - Registered Nurse Care Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Very caring organization. Management really strives to work with the employees, to meet our needs. Having a positive effect on the people we serve. Generous benefits and paid time off.

Cons

None that I can think of.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice place to work

Jun 30, 2022 - Project Manager III in Getzville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very community-oriented. Nice benefits. Good work-life balance. Very good professional development options with the Centene acquisition.

Cons

The Centene takeover has created a number of silos and inefficient process requirements.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Pros and cons

Aug 3, 2022 - Marketing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

College tuition reimbursement program s

Cons

No opportunities for growth s

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Downhill after Centene purchase

Apr 21, 2022 - Claims Examiner II in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Annual promotions based on annual review. Quarterly bonus, if you meet high production requirements. Discount on company stock. Decent time off. Work from home opportunities

Cons

Where do I start… I was with this company almost six years. I’ve worked multiple roles. After Fidelis was bought by Centene, the company went downhill and all employees became a number. It’s mostly turning into robo calls to members and production requirements are very difficult to meet. Trainers are awesome but getting training for a job I was working and applied for took me over one year to get. They also tried to pay me a $3 bonus because they messed up my productivity input. If you try and move up, you’ll be questioned why and they’ll try to persuade you to stay. People do not make all the same or similar wages either.. they also are trying to say they can’t hire internally and are trying to replace local employees with overseas people so they can be paid less then people in the US.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Yearly Salary

Jul 28, 2022 - Provider Data Coordinator II in Getzville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perm work from home available

Cons

Low salary and small yearly raises quickly leave you behind in salary potential

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Provider Relations Specialist II

Jun 28, 2022 - Senior Provider Relations Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

National Plan offering resources and time to adjust and transition.

Cons

Force you to have a covid "vaccine"

9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Pandemic changed everything

Jul 5, 2022 - Program Associate in Getzville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Holidays Floating holidays Vacation time

Cons

Since the pandemic, too many

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ookay job

May 4, 2022 - Retention Representative in Latham, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1 hour lunch Friendly co-workers Work from home Vacation and sick time is a plus Community events

Cons

Rude customers on the phone Sometimes lack of communication Pay rate could be better Hard to move up in the company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 558 Reviews

Fidelis Care Reviews FAQs

Fidelis Care has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 571 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Fidelis Care to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fidelis Care employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fidelis Care. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

57% of Fidelis Care employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fidelis Care 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fidelis Care to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Fidelis Care Job Seekers