Fidelis Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Patrick J. Frawley

Pros
  • great work environment and nice staff (in 15 reviews)

• Good schedules independent working and nice people good mission good benefits a lot of PTO and unlimited overtime most of the time (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • It's because upper management likes you (in 20 reviews)

• The work/life balance is something that's touted but not truly understood (in 8 reviews)

"Superior Employees"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fidelis Care is a tough place to work. However, those who work hard are rewarded with promotions and acknowledgements... Those looking for a free ride or just come to work for a pay check, will be shown the door.

Cons

FCNY tries very hard but at times they can't get out if their own way.

Advice to Management

Executive leadership keep up the good work.

"One step forward, 3 steps back - look elsewhere for a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, team spirit and benefits. There are good people who work here, but are hard to find & likely have been where they are for a long time

Cons

Lack of internal career development. Would rather pay someone from outside instead of recognize existing employees & train them for success.

Upper management plays the favoritism game. Those who truly deserve to be promoted do not get it while those who are buddy-buddy with their managers continue to get bumped up.

Upper management is clueless when it comes to employee safety. Closing all doors except for 2 when you park nearly a mile away bc there is no parking.

Refusal to allow employees to work from home unless you have a specific title (not even managers can work from home, yet level 3 analysts & developers can)

Advice to Management

Rather than punish the company, start cracking down and punish those abusing your system. Listen to your employees and take action. Stop promoting brown nosers. Seriously look at employee safety & work from home as a viable option. We are in 2017, not 1990.

"Fideless Care"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are good peeps who care about the people that need health insurance. Holiday parties are very fancy just like being at a wedding.

Cons

Employees are treated like low class people. This is a Christian health plan that runs the company like a Catholic school. Everything is tightly controlled & mad disorganized.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees after they join the union.

"Terrible communicators"

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time

Pros

Decent pay
    Great benefits
    Friendly staff (mostly)

Cons

Snooty executives
    Lack of communication
    Hypocritical, yet strict culture

"Great company"

Current Employee - Provider Maintenance Coordinator in Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Provider Maintenance Coordinator in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, Work from home ability in certain departments, Great benefits.

Cons

Depending on department, moving up can be a challenge but not impossible.

"We're not willing to work with me"

Former Employee - Claims Processor in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Claims Processor in Getzville, NY

Pros

Being able to listen to music while doing your work. Clean work environment

Cons

Job was far from my home

Advice to Management

Try working with your employees a little more and giving them a chance

"Perfect if you don't have a life"

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time

Pros

Best coworkers and decent benefits and a paycheck

Cons

This place is all about meeting your quota and management will do anything to get that. It's all about the money. They expect employees to be robots, come in do their bidding. They do not care the slightest bit about their employees or their well being. Oh and let's not forget favoritism. A position opens up and it's filled even before it gets on the website. Why do you even bother posting it. Lack of communication;, poor or no training whatsoever. I could write a 20 page paper on this.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, show that you care and guess what you are not always right. Let people voice their opinions. If you could do everything yourselves then you would not need to hire anyone and if you want people that will not challenge you, then go get yourselves robots.

"Lies, mismanagement and lack of process"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers but that's pretty much the extent of it. PTO time is great, unless you get calls all day.

Cons

Anyone that is used to having processes and standards will have a hard time here. There are very few and when they do exist, they will change without warning. Work from home will be offered in the interview but was recently cut without warning.

Management loves to bring in untested tools as the new current standard way of doing things but won't tell you how they should be used. But don't bring that up, because then you're not a team player. People that speak up will be pushed out, so nodding and smiling has become the status quo.

If you like specs, then this place is not for you. Fidelis is the land of the nonexistent spec document. But don't worry, after writing your software over about 5 or 6 times, you'll get it right.

This place has a lot of potential, but it will require years of suffering on the back of its employees. The work/life balance is something that's touted but not truly understood. You'll be demanded to put in long hours, work through holidays and when the project is completed, you won't even receive a thank you.

The only way to enjoy a quiet day off is to shut off your phone. You will be called and expected to fix things that you had nothing to do with. Weekends exist in name only as well.

Advice to Management

Look around. You know what the problems are. Fix them. When you find an intelligent employee, embrace them, don't destroy them with work. Don't feel threatened by intelligence.

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked!"

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time

Pros

Decent pay for my first job out of college

Cons

Horrible management!! Our care coordinator department was pushing us to reach unrealistic numbers. It got to the point where they staggered our lunches, did not allow you to take personal important phone calls without asking permission, and when we were in the bathroom too long they asked why that was. We were also told we could only have 5 minute bathroom breaks at a time. It was working for an insane company who clearly did not care about the well being of their employees.

"We need a union here"

Current Employee - Quality Management in Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Management in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits. Co-workers are nice and friendly.

Cons

A well known fact throughout Fidelis is that they sorely lack in the training department, no matter what department it is.

7 day work week during the busy season with NO overtime pay. Work on Mothers Day, too. No taking off. Late nights after 5pm. Work at home with office staff calling numerous times on your home phone to make sure you are working.

At town hall meetings, Father Frawley has denied that his employee's work from home. I don't see how he can't know about this.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of your employee's and maybe there wouldn't be such a huge turnover and you'd have more loyalty within your company.