Fidelis Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Was taught what to do not told"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Lombard, IL

I worked at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Whether you worked in the sales department, HR department, Customer Service department, PR department or marketing department, they treated you with respect. They also taught everything in detail and why things were done a certain why and effectively. This was great because I was braught in with little experience in marketing.

Management is awesome and they are incentivized by your growth with the company. this means they WANT to make you great. Where as every other company I have ever worked for, management was lazy and didn't care about their employees.

The atmosphere is amazing, people are friendly and energetic and they do not allow negativity (which is awesome especially on Mondays). Everyone is always excited to be there which is very rare to find at a large company.

Cons

Sometimes we did have to work extra hours or weekends to reach goals and deadlines. (10 or so extra hours)

Very rapidly growing company so people are constantly expanding to different cities and states which is great but you lose some good friends. But on the same note, you make great friends and even if they do relocate (by choice, always) its great staying in touch and seeing how the company is growing in other markets.

"Absolutely dreadful experience."

Former Employee - Entry Level in Lombard, IL

Pros

The company had a positive team environment.

Cons

Lies. Everything about the aforementioned company is a lie. I too, was an unemployed college graduate seeking Summer work; I applied online only to receive a call back, and an interview less than 20 minutes later. The initial interview went as expected, and I was offered an Entry Level Account Management position the very next day; I was a bit concerned about the process because no reference check or background check was conducted; nonetheless, I was desperate and accepted the offer. In any event, the work week consists of 6 days a week, 7am-9pm, 100% commission pay structure, door to door, attempting to sell Makeover Essential products to unsuspecting companies/pedestrians on the street. I voluntarily resigned after three days.

Advice to Management

Be more forthright about the nature of the work to be performed. I specifically asked during the interview about the specificities of the pay structure, and the schedule that I would be working. None of which were accurate. I understand the work hard/play hard ethos, as I am a transitioning Veteran myself; however, voluntarily lying to college graduates that could be pursing an actual career/internship is not honorable.

3. "Learned more here in a month than 4 years in college!"

Current Employee - Entry Level PR in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Entry Level PR in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My team is awesome. I came in as a recent grad in June. No PR experience and was given a chance to work with the PR team. We handle Social Media and Online presence for numerous clients (local). Everyone has the opportunity to grow (even into upper management positions). Management is AWESOME, they are extremely involved with everything from sales to pr and marketing and extremely helpful. Clients are great, work life balance is great and so is pay.

Cons

Bonuses aren't as high for your first 6 months as part of a probationary period.

Advice to Management

Keep diversifying the client portfolio!

5. "Great company and great experience"

Former Employee - PR Assistant in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - PR Assistant in Lombard, IL

I worked at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with Fidelis Enterprises over the summer in between semesters at college and got a ton of experience. I was given a PR internship working with social media accounts for the company, also doing administration and recruiting. It is ALOT of fun! The managers are awesome and so are all of the employees. Everyone from sales reps to the PR team.

Cons

I couldn't keep my job with them once class started again because they only wanted full time employees.

Advice to Management

Open some part time positions!

"AVOID! Fake Reviews"

Former Employee - Entry Level in Lombard, IL

I worked at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None this place is a scheme to get nice good hearted college grads. Do not fall into their trap with the misleading and vague job title and details

Cons

you work long hours and it is 100% commission going door to door trying to get people to sign up for free window estimates for Power Home Remodeling their parent owner. So if you don't get people to sign up for an estimate then you dont make any money for that entire day. High turnover they will hire anybody. It is a shady company that operates this way to screw over the employee while the bosses do not have to lose anything out of pocket. Multilevel Marketing Scheme it is all a trick.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to college kids and get a real job. you cant tell me you are proud to be a door to door window appointment setter. don't over glorify it to yourself

"Ready to build a career?"

I have been working at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fidelis Enterprise is a high energy work environment with great opportunity for growth. With a team mentality and driven employees it has been a great growing experience while building a career, not just another job.

Cons

Challenges include keeping the drive to succeed. This job is not for everyone, but if you can keep your student mentality and devote 100% you will find success.

Advice to Management

Keep up the team atmosphere and opportunity to grow in the business and as a person.

"Growth and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the mentor and training system in place, it fosters advancement based on your work ethic and the sky is the limit. A national networking system, with road trips and visiting success stories(and there are many), encourages growth and future success. No one is left behind if they are willing to put everything into their own opportunity. It is the epitome of "you get back what you put in." The perks of travel and freedom are an end goal that can be attained far quicker than ever thought possible.

Cons

The accelerated training time frame doesn't leave much personal time, but it is far outweighed by the opportunity for freedom in the future

"It's not what you think."

Current Employee - Marketing Supervisor in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Supervisor in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I went into it expecting to stick around for just a few months to build character and earn some cash while I applied for PR internships elsewhere. Now I'm turning down interviews for those same internships. Truth is, this job is like the soulmate you overlooked because she doesn't always wear makeup or go on beach diets. I've learned so much in the couple months I've been here, everyone here's awesome, and I would not want to work anywhere else.

Cons

It takes some serious hard work and determination, and you'll need to lose your ego for sure, but it definitely pays off.

Advice to Management

Austin and Jason are making things happen at light speed. I have no complaints and a lot of pride in this little office!

"Great place for growth and success"

I have been working at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are real energetic fun environment to work in. Everyone is here to help each other get better and succeed. Also competetive but with lots of room for everyone to grow within the company.

Cons

Takes a real good work ethic

"Love the Opportunity!"

I have been working at Fidelis Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great growth opportunity, team atmosphere it great, everyone truly wants each other to succeed and helps to make sure everyone hits their goals! Love the teamwork and am excited to come to work everyday!

Cons

Want to spend more time with people at work!

Advice to Management

Keep going!