KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Asset / Investment Management

1y

works at

Fidelity Investments

Can anyone invite me to Fidelity Bowl?

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Fidelity Investments and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits

Nov 30, 2021 - Financial Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k match plus profit sharing. First year compensation guarantee

Cons

Fast paced and frequently shifting priorities

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great benefits

Dec 1, 2021 - High Net Worth Financial Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Regular bonuses based on performance. Willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

It’s a call center. Reviews are very much metrics driven. Claim to care what customers think but are willing to sacrifice customer satisfaction for taking more calls. Taking call after call year after year wears you down.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Fidelity hiring too many advisors

Nov 23, 2021 - VP-Financial Consultant in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great products and planning focus. Great benefits and flexibility to work from home.

Cons

The company is growing too fast and hiring more advisors then opportunities in any given market. They have also increasingly moved to a micro management approach that will generate a lot of turnover of advisors in the years ahead and create customer dissatisfaction.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Fidelity Investments, great benefits, compensation but a fast pace no excuses work environment.

Nov 14, 2021 - VP-Financial Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fidelity provides a very competitive compensation package but the benefits are best in the business. Benefits like a 7% 401k match plus 10% profit sharing is hard to beat. Medical benefits, loan repayment, PTO and the Charitable match are also unique.

Cons

I worked at Fidelity for close to 20 years and the culture has shifted very dramatically to micro management, what have you done for me last week culture. In relationship roles your expected to produce unrealistic goals from existing client base while being compare to other reps receiving new clients with money in motion. Expectations presenting annuities is also concerning as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER. Too many good people leave sales and relationship roles to other roles in the organization due to burn out and which does impact the clients. FC roles are no longer a destination roles but rather a stop to some other role or outside the organization.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company!!

Nov 24, 2021 - Financial Associate II
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been here for almost a year and waited until I had “seen it all” to post a review. Fidelity really cares for their employees, what they say is VERY true. We get bonuses on top of bonuses just by working and doing what we’re supposed to be doing. Amazing PTOs about 23 days for all associates that have been here for less than 2 years. Amazing health, dental, vision etc etc the standard basic benefits but what really got me was how much they invest in you as an associate. I’m truly blessed to work for such a great organization!

Cons

Micromanaging can be a problem however, as to be expected if you are on a phone role. May feel like you are “stuck” and stagnant at a role but in the mean time I am seeing lots of employment opportunities to move around. It may take a bit longer for you to move around and the pay may be below average for the same job elsewhere but the benefits package are for sure to be top notch all around.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

d

Dec 1, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for what you do

Cons

A lot of work to do

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Mandatory OT in busy season

Nov 14, 2021 - Financial Customer Associate in Merrimack, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The good pay good benefits and flexibility to work remote for now

Cons

There is required OT that comes up in preparation for the tax season and is pre coded for the beginning of the week

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Nov 11, 2021 - Financial Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

incredible benefits, training, great client base and engagement. high quality financial products and tools

Cons

local management is very hard to work with. Manager created a culture of fear throughout the office.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best of the Best

Nov 10, 2021 - Financial Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

We truly operate in the clients best interest.

Cons

We aren't micro managed but that may hurt people who aren't driven to be productive on their own.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, lower pay

Nov 21, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fidelity Investments is a great company for people starting out but long term I wouldn't recommend it. I know so many of my coworkers who leave for similar positions at a different company for 10K-20K higher. The benefit is great, however, they underpaid employees

Cons

underpay employees, non- competitive salary

2 people found this review helpful