Fidelity Investments Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good, stable job"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, normal hours, good perks like fitness center

Cons

Can be unchallenging and silo'ed

"Depends who you are/who you know- things change daily at Fidelity. Depends on which manager will implement it."

Former Employee - Financial Associate II in Covington, KY
    Former Employee - Financial Associate II in Covington, KY

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Starting pay and yearly merit reviews based on performance Lots of OT. The company match is 7%. You also get profit sharing. Health and college reimbursements. Company discounts to many companies - just say where you work and most of the time you get a discount.

Cons

Heavy volume call center - can’t sip water between calls. Didn’t hire enough people to fill in after many took the voluntary buy out package 6/2017.
    You’re expected to know everything that has changed and is changing and not all teams are unison in the messages that is announced. Branding - it’s huge - it’s bologna when you don’t even get a chance to get to know that person- and they don’t forget it no matter how many years have passed, what hardships you have been thru, and where you are now in work life. Fidelity allowed for managers and interim manager to bully associates. Managers have their clicks. You will get wrote up for using PTO when your truly sick.... depends who your manager is! You will get accused for something you didn’t do- bc your acting manager says you did- won’t pull the call up but purposely stops the audio to say call avoidance calls for immediate termination and I was escorted out. I transferred the caller to another associate and I never disconnected!

Advice to Management

Believe the associates when they call hr for being bullied by an acting manager! She won 3 days before my manager came back from maternity leave. It was 10 days before Christmas and 6.5 years of devoted tenure and got targeted when she stepped in and her head got big. I’ve never been in trouble before she stepped in. I was a great associate and I was full of knowledge and helpful to others. Completely flipped my life upside down. Sadly I keep thinking hr will call me back and offer my job back bc they finally realized what she did to me. It would be nice to get an apology from the director too. I know it will never happen but I did nothing wrong. She bullied me for 3 months and you guys believed her tricks she pulled on me. How many others will you let her do this to. Ohh wait - currently she is not a manager - she will always be a worthless team lead that no associate likes bc they have had a negative interaction with.

3. "Great Firm"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments (Less than a year)

Pros

Cohesive and collaborative environment.

Cons

Can be difficult to find the right person to talk to

4. "Excellent Pay but Political Organization with Lots of Hierarchy"

Former Employee - Managing Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are working along side very smart, capable, and engaging co-workers. This is a company that is generally focused on doing the right thing -- for customers and employees. They do this because they are proud of their brand/ heritage. They protect their reputation vigorously. Be prepared for change: The organization is constantly reinventing (or improving in a Kaizen manner) itself. Heavy focus on technology. Fantastic benefits package. Reasonable work-life balance. Coming in as a new employee will feel like you are drinking from a fire hose: a lot will be thrown at you in a short amount of time. Hang in there -- it is worth it!

Cons

Its a very political organization with lots of hierarchy. Senior management doesn't always listen to the feedback they receive from employees. While things change frequently, the changes are typically from the top (and not in response to employee feedback). Some of the politics are a pain and there are always the 'management favorites' (you will find that in nearly every large company), but you will be well paid for your efforts.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback. Employees with 'boots on the ground' know what they are talking about and often have good ideas.

5. "Retirement Solutions Representative"

Current Employee - RSR in Covington, KY
    Current Employee - RSR in Covington, KY

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flex scheduling, relaxed dress code. Great benefits and PTO opportunity. Free parking and easy access to cafeteria and fitness center.

Cons

Valued metrics and asks from upper management are constantly changing. No opportunity for customer facing or travel, the call center life can really suck the life out of you.

Advice to Management

More transparency with changes going on with the company. Also more support for career pathing for associates.

6. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is very good

Cons

i don't see any cons in this company,

Advice to Management

management is very nice. so no advice

7. "Leap Program Graduate"

Pros

Work from home, lots of training available, multiple departments to move between

Cons

Individual teams have their own culture, office politics is almost as important as the work. Depending on who you work with you could love your job or want to straight up walk out and quit.

8. "d"

Pros

good work balance and life, nice

Cons

bad management sometimes, hard to work

"Senior Contracts Manager"

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, wonderful benefits, and really smart people to learn from, plus the pay is decent (coupled with bonus and perks).

Cons

* People stay too long and get really comfortable so it is hard to see change. * Management isn't always the most qualified- but they stay long enough to get promoted. * NO DIVERSITY! in Management *

Advice to Management

review your managers more, do more skip meetings, ask more questions and get onsite more. Team morale can be low and people will leave because no one is paying attention.

10. "Job"

Pros

Flexible schedules and opportunities for overtime and great licencing

Cons

Call center environment that pays lower then much of the competition once your are licensed

Showing 5,297 of 5,733 reviews