Fidelity Investments "call center" Reviews | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews about "call center"

Updated 15 Nov 2019

4.0
Fidelity Investments CEO Abby Johnson
Abby Johnson
2,901 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "It is basically a call center unless you move up into a position in a branch(in 241 reviews)

• "work/life balance can periodically be off kilter(in 197 reviews)

Reviews about "call center"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Colleagues are great people, the system is setup well and makes doing work easier. If you find something that needs to be improved they want to hear about it.

Cons

Call center environment, it can sometimes be repetitive

Advice to Management

I had great managers here

Fidelity Investments2019-11-15
  2. "Working at Fidelity"

Current Employee - Talent

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I didn't know what i was getting into 24 years ago, but I am so glad i made the leap! Fantastic job opportunities and growth/development, culture where everyone cares about you as a person and not a number or a means to an end, benefits that are top-notch!

Cons

Not many to be honest - not all roles have the same flexibility for things like working from home/working from anywhere, but even the call center front-line customer roles have a WFH option after a certain period of time

Fidelity Investments2019-11-01
  3. "Financial Associate I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits. Company has a big push for internal hiring.

Cons

Call center is in it's own world compared to all other departments. Breaks and Lunch are very short and not at your leisure.

Fidelity Investments2019-10-30
  4. "AMAZING COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work culture is unmatched. They take care of their employees and make them feel included and like they’re cared for. They also push for a great work/life balance allowing employees to work 50% of their time from home once they’ve worked for the company for a year.

Cons

It is basically a call center unless you move up into a position in a branch

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Fidelity Investments2019-10-28
  5. "Great place to work, not really life changing"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits like healthcare and 401k matching after a year (with caveats like limited vesting for up to 5 years, of course), plus the flexibility to work 4x10 hour shifts and work from home 50% of the time after 1 year. Good training and coaching for people with limited experience in the finance industry

Cons

Long commute down to the Denver Tech Center from Denver itself, it is essentially a call center job so prepare yourself for long shifts and sometimes painfully frustrating conversations with clients. Fidelity as a company is great but the job isn't glamorous.

Fidelity Investments2019-10-02
  6. "Fidelity"

Current Employee - N/A in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

I think Fidelity is a great place to start your career. Their benefits are really good and affordable, and they have very generous PTO and 6 weeks paid paternity leave for men. I have read a lot of reviews about there being a lack of movement. I can honestly say that I could see that being an issue for some people. In my own experience Fidelity rewards being ambitious. A lot of people here have been in their role... for a very long time and become jaded. Be ambitious, take initiative, and it's not that hard to move up here. Comparitively there is a lot of opportunity here, if you miss out on that you have nobody to blame but yourself. Not to mention every manager I have met at fidelity seems to genuinely care about advancing your career. Quarterly comp is nice. Working from home is a other nice part if fidelity, but this also varies depending on your function.

Cons

The salary is the worst part. You get quarterly compensation which is nice and can be a lot depending on your function but they rarely budge on raising your base pay. This is used as an excuse to not raise your base pay when you move around. Also, this is a call center job so not specifically a con to fidelity but these type of jobs have their ups and downs.

Fidelity Investments2019-09-29
  7. "Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Investment Solutions Representative

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

The company has amazing benefits and extremely helpful leadership.

Cons

Working in a call center environment can be stressful

Fidelity Investments2019-09-28
  8. "Great benefits"

Former Employee - Retirement Planner in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have great benefits. Depending on your manager, the culture can be great!

Cons

The call center jobs get tiring 'cos you are on the phones the whole time.

Fidelity Investments2019-09-24

"If You Like Call Center Work, Then This Will Be a Good Fit For You"

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Advocate in Westlake, TX

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good Benefits - Overtime/Bonus Opportunities - Thorough Training - Beautiful Campus

Cons

- Call Center Environment - Weak Communication Between Different Groups - Lack of Active Management - Dealing with Upset Customers - Difficult to find a role that is not phone-based

Fidelity Investments2019-09-16

"CRA role review"

Current Employee - Customer Relationship Advocate in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great and honest company that cares about its employees and it’s clients. High pay and numerous bonus opportunities through out the year. Extensive benefits package. Fidelity wants to help you succeed and grow in your career!

Cons

The Customer Relationship Advocate position itself is the most draining role at Fidelity Investments. It has the most turnover, not because of Fidelity, but because you are a customer service agent via call center that services over 10 types of accounts, and you’re a stock broker. You deal with about 50-70 clients a day and 90% of them do not understand their accounts and/or the stock market. Because it is a call... center, every minute that you clock in is accounted for via statistics.

Advice to Management

Fidelity does a great job hiring people people, because you can’t train to be a people person. But they motivate primarily with money. Although money is a nice reward (via bonuses), using extrensic values to satisfy intrinsic value employees does not work long term.

Fidelity Investments2019-08-20