Found 2,494 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Fidelity Investments
5 days ago
So a coworkers gf of mine works as a Customer Relationship Advocate at Fidelity Investments. Basically, they were stating that their GF works at that company and that they will be good financially as she will be making over six figures within a year. I guess I'm just confused since that job title doesn't pay much (50k), and she's located in Florida. I guess I was wondering if this was realistic. As I work in the tech field and located in NY and don't make six figures.
7 days ago
Investment Banking Analyst
Currently at Fidelity in entry level workplace planning associate working on my series 7. Have a job opportunity at UBS as a developmental financial advisor. My dream is to move to investment banking. Do I take UBS offer? I’m single 23 and don’t mind moving
Got a burning question about Fidelity Investments? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Fidelity Investments employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great and Fidelity is making a solid attempt to be more focused on the associate work/life balance." (in 2368 reviews)
- "They don't want you to work OT so you have a good work life balance working 40 hours a week" (in 1036 reviews)
- "The people are great and they do a lot to make the interns feel included and connected" (in 755 reviews)
- "Great culture and very helpful individuals." (in 652 reviews)
- "The Pay was good compared to the S. Ohio / N. Kentucky area as a whole." (in 528 reviews)
- "Management is bad also the policies not that great" (in 348 reviews)
- "Low salary and not flexible" (in 310 reviews)
- "a good manager and a bad one here affects ur motivation to do the same exact thing over and over again" (in 307 reviews)
- "Long hours and lots of red tape at times" (in 101 reviews)
- "Although a female chairman there are not enough women on middle and upper management" (in 96 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Fidelity Investments and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Dec 26, 2015Financial RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMerrimack, NH
There are some really great benefits and it ranges to fresh out of college to retirees. If you have just graduated, it's a good starting place for your career where you can grow and learn more about retirement and future savings. They are always hiring and all you need to know is customer service where they'll teach you the rest.
It's a call center and you sit at a cubicle all day which can be a bit tough. Plus and can get stressful depending on the call volume. Turn over rate is a bit high due to either people leaving for another internal or external position.2
- 5.0Mar 9, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Benefits are great and Fidelity is making a solid attempt to be more focused on the associate work/life balance.
Career mobility across business units can be challenging.
- 4.0Jan 6, 2016Fixed Income SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsJacksonville Beach, FL
Great Benefits including 7% match and 10% profit sharing match at end of year. Great culture and atmosphere, company really cares about the customers. Rapid advancement through company and ability to relocate to different parts of the country or to a branch.
On a phone all day, tracked how long you are available for taking calls. Churn and burn environment at times. Can make more money doing same thing at other firms but environment may not be as good.
- 4.0Mar 2, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Fidelity takes the development of its employees seriously. The benefit package is great and makes it hard to leave the company once you begin to work for them.
Fidelity is a large firm, which can make it difficult to change in a fast paced market environment. They can miss incorporating their front-line teams into change that takes place with the organization leading to a frustrated work environment at times.
- 4.0Sep 19, 2022Financial Customer AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMerrimack, NH
Fidelity offers great benefits and it is rewarding to be able to help customers with their retirement accounts. You will have a great support system with people who want to see you succeed.
Extremely stressful job at times. It can be difficult to keep up with the call flow, so you just have to try to focus on the call at hand and not think about the next one. It's definitely not a job for everyone, but a lot of people definitely thrive in this type of position.
- 5.0May 9, 2016Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBoston, MA
The spirit of entrepreneurship is very evident at the senior management level which drives a lot of innovation in finance. It's a great family company with unparalleled benefits and there is a prestige in being associated with Fidelity Investments. It's a beacon for transparency and innovation.
The mid to lower level management don't often carry the torch forward in terms of entrepreneurship. There is a lot of territorial behavior from certain silos, which firm can do without.
- 3.0Feb 5, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The biggest benefit of this company is that they have a great overall benefit package from healthcare and retirement. They treat their employees well from a benefit stand point.
At times I felt that in order to move up, it didn't matter on your performance, but on who you knew. This was very disappointing.
- 4.0May 2, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great place to work with good benefits great 401k match I believe around 6 percent. Great options to choose from as well
None really loved working here for the most part sales is always involved but you get compensated for most of that
- 3.0Dec 3, 2021DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
- Fidelity has a great culture and great people to work with - The company is doing great even during COVID and has offered benefits related to COVID to employees
- Base pay is well below market competitors - Raises each year are also below market Note, to be fair, benefits like the 401k & Profit Sharing match make up for some of this difference but the total compensation package is looking less appealing each year vs. competitors. - Long vesting periods for various benefits offerings1
- 5.0May 20, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The company has so many great benefits and they offered so much when we were in lockdown.
Can be stressful at times