Fidelity National Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fidelity National Financial CEO Raymond R. Quirk
Raymond R. Quirk

Pros
  • Every boss I've had is very easy to work with - they expect you to work hard, but they also understand the need for work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great work environment and good benefits (in 9 reviews)

Cons

"Long term hostile work environment."

I worked at Fidelity National Financial (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some people are great to work with and company offers workout classed for free. Close to interstate. But not much more positive to say.

Cons

No communication, hostile work environment and clicks. Its not about what you know or your work its if you fit into their click similar to high school. Not a good experience.

2. "The worst place ever"

Former Employee - Escrow Assistant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Escrow Assistant in Plano, TX

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job it self is great fast pace ..

Cons

No one would help we it's need but ready to jump when mistakes are made .

Advice to Management

Never asked if things were ok .

"Claims Counsel (seen postings describing position as in-house counsel, it's not. It's claims.)"

Former Employee - Claims Counsel in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Claims Counsel in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee and office supplies. Bathroom breaks are not monitored. Conference room chairs are periodically steam cleaned.

Cons

Current Chief Claims Counsel came to Jax from Omaha and is now in charge of both centers. This person is a nearly-invisible, paranoid, mild- mannered bean counter whose only leadership and management tool is surprise firings. You won't think it upon meeting him and his recruiters, but he will fire anyone. To see the devastation our friend has wrought, take a look back a few years to the postings from Omaha which are almost exclusively claims related reviews. You will notice that the reviews are very bad and probably don't even average two stars. So the claims related reviews are much worse than the company as a whole, and portray a work environment that must be among the very worst anywhere. The firings occur in batches, so there are periods of relative calm, but don't be fooled. If you must take a position in claims, never stop looking for another job and take any decent opportunity even if the pay and benefits are not as good because your own surprise firing is likely just around the corner.

Advice to Management

There's only one way to fix this and the first step is admitting you were wrong. Otherwise don't be surprised when you feel a sharp pain in your back before your vision fades just like everyone else who has encountered this toxicity.

"Best Kept Secret!!"

Former Employee - Unappreciated Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Unappreciated Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Most of the co-workers are nice. Especially if you get the chance to work with some of the original Jax employees. Unfortunately, there are a couple of Omaha employees that refuse to speak.

Cons

If you are not a size 0-4 (for females), under 25, attractive, a transplant from Omaha and/or Jewish, FORGET IT!! You are not getting hired in the claims department. I cannot believe that the 7th floor upper management has turned a blind eye and deaf ear to everything happening on the 4th floor. Of the original 160 person team approximately half have either left or been terminated since January due to new management. This is not an "adjustment period", while new management settles in. This is a witch hunt and the original Jax employees are being burned at the stake. I guess there is no value in employees that are seasoned, loyal or have seniority. The "Jax" employees are being let go while on FLMA or for "restructuring, so we will no longer need your services". Then turn around and replace you with someone that fits their hiring credentials. Don't bother pleading your case to Corporate HR. This only adds fuel to the fire and your terminated as soon as they find out. Great "no retaliation" policy you have there FNF.

Advice to Management

OPEN YOUR EYES and EARS to the 4th floor. Keep some of your experienced Jax employees to replace the new and Omaha transfers. You need someone on that floor who knows what is going on and to help with the DOI complaints. Lord knows the one Senior Legal Assistant can't answer any questions ever asked of her. Of course from my understanding, she doesn't have to prove herself, she just get promoted. Wonder how that happens? Bet that wouldn't happen for any of those Jax employees still there.

"Corporate counsel"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation for the area

Cons

Poor management
    Lack of concern for customer service
    Lack of values in upper management

"Unappreciated"

Current Employee - Claims in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Claims in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers. Great location on the river front. Nice work campus. Get to travel some. Several paid days off including personal day and holidays

Cons

New management does not value employees with experience. Atmosphere of fear and intimidation. More and more quality employees are fired each week and are replaced with less experienced people.

"Not for those over 30"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Paycheck hasn't bounced. Free parking. There are still a few good people who haven't been run off by the new regime

Cons

No room for advancement if you are over 35 or are larger than a size 4 if female. Cronyism. Good manager pushed out in January and now mass firings are routine. Toxic environment. Managers lead through fear and intimidation. Work ethic, knowledge and experience, seniority are worthless.

Advice to Management

Seriously wake up and see how many good employees you've let be run off.

"Fidelity National Title"

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time

Pros

Pay is somewhat above average for the area. Matching contribution to 401k. Non-managerial employees are great people who work well together.

Cons

Where do I begin? The new management is deplorable and seemingly have no idea of what their employees do. Massive layoffs with no notice. It was like watching the show Survivor seeing management go door to door giving employees 10 minutes notice their services were no longer needed. It didn't matter if you were there for many years, how faithful you were to the company, or how well you did your job.

I'll say this about FNF, you'll never get it confused with Disney World because it's certainly not the happiest place on earth.

Advice to Management

Karma is a you know what.

10. "Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant Jul in Middleburg, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant Jul in Middleburg, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation reflected my work abilities

Cons

Serious disconnect between management and employees

"CSR"

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, training staff worked great and covered all the material.

Cons

my hired letter had a set amount of what I was gonna get paid and the hours I was gonna work and none of that was correct. They changed my schedule later and later I went from 9 to 6 Monday thru Friday to 10 to 9 4 days a week. Not was I what I was told when I was getting hired. Also left me and one other new person alone all day on a Saturday what's the point of having two people in an entire office from 10 to 9 with out a manager so we had no help if we had questions. Should just be closed on Saturday.

Advice to Management

Management in CSR need to be more organized,