Fidelity National Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Fidelity National Financial Reviews

Updated January 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Every boss I've had is very easy to work with - they expect you to work hard, but they also understand the need for work/life balance (in 16 reviews)

• They are not afraid to pay for performance and the benefits are good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Numerous reports required to upper management to obtain money above authority limit (in 12 reviews)

• I admit that sometimes we lose site of maintaining a good work-life balance and the "work" side can dominate for a bit (in 6 reviews)

1. "Risk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart coworkers and one of the largest in the industry.

Cons

Long hours and frankly, can be boring.

Advice to Management

Quit treating this company like an investment fund. Allow us to grow organically.

2. "AVOID WORKING HERE"

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time

Pros

There aren't any pros working here.

Cons

Horrible management. Micromanagement galore. Avoid working here.

"Escrow Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Personable, kind, helpful employees. Even though they are extremely busy willing to help out with a new persons confusion. Nice IT over the phone.

Cons

Everything else. Beginning at the front desk is great. Being given little time to fully assimilate is not. You run around blind yet somehow managing a headset taking out stupid cookies from the kitchen. No performance reviews as a warning sign that your not doing enough quick enough. Expected to work 15 min before and 15 after w/o pay to open / close the office.

Advice to Management

Provide better training for your employees. Talk with them about what YOU as a manager can do to help them get there quicker before shoving them out the door. Provide clear weekly goals to master for new hires along with one on ones each week for the first month.

4. "Audit"

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial full-time

Pros

Travel, Benefits, Location, Flexibility, Management

Cons

Department mobility, No Paternity leave

5. "Varying experience in different law"

Current Employee - Claims Counsel in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Counsel in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn different legal topics across a number of states, lots of autonomy, new challenges constantly. The office is taking more initiative to create fun opportunities outside the office, which is greatly appreciated.

Cons

Managing styles vary so if you get moved to a new manager it may take time to adjust

6. "Run in the other direction!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You were paid every other week!

Cons

The pay was lousy, it was lousy when I started but I thought I'd be able to move to another area in the company. That was a bad assumption. I worked in a dept where everyone else in the company HAD to use our services but were unaware of which dept was doing it. You stayed in your present position until you left, you weren't allowed to grow out of it, you weren't allowed to go outside of the department without your manager's approval, and the department had already told that wasn't going to happen. People stayed in their positions for 10+ years and were pretty unhappy, contributing to the dysfunctional and poisonous working environment. Then there was the office bully that the manager couldn't effectively deal with that contributed to that poisonous environment. The bully was very bitter they had been passed over for a promotion so every day the bully performed for the captive office resulting in someone being hyper upset or an argument. The office bully had been there for a long time and had many friends in the company and somehow held that over the manager's head. The higher ups were, obviously, outside of this department in some castle far far away, and you had no access to them. The people in this department had been there, in the same job, for 10+ years working in that type of environment, no one was happy but everyone was very afraid to go over the manager's head to complain.

The benefits were lousy, very expensive and covered just the very basics, any prescriptions were massively expensive. They made you buy your prescriptions 3 months at a time, which no one in my department could afford so they found all kinds of workarounds. This company didn't care for their employees, it was truly all about being profitable.

Advice to Management

No department should be allowed to operate as an island or you'll end up with this type of department. The person designated to be the manager needs to be supported above other people in that department who had been there years longer. The person above the manager needs to accessible to the people under the manager as well, without repercussions to avoid the hell I lived through while in that department.

7. "Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that actually did the work, not management but those people in the trenches dealing with customers, were excellent people who were extremely knowledgeable, competent and dedicated. Compensation was good.

Cons

Worked ridiculous hours with much stress and virtually no support from higher up.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, you have no business without them. They have no regard for you because you pay them no regard. Getting to know their names would be a positive start. Can't be that removed.

8. "Nice work culture"

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial full-time

Pros

Work culture
    opportunity to work in different projects
    training opportunities

Cons

Job stability depends on real estate market

9. "Paralegal"

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Ability to move up based on performance is inadequate.

10. "Staff Analyst"

Current Employee - Staff Analyst in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Analyst in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good health insurance. Good team to work with.

Cons

Cheap. Will squeeze every dime out of you. Low pay.