Fidelity National Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Fidelity National Financial Reviews

Updated May 3, 2017

Pros
  • Every boss I've had is very easy to work with - they expect you to work hard, but they also understand the need for work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Great work environment, because the company is family owned and operated, (in 12 reviews)

1. "Okay, Not Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bureaucracy kept to a minimum. Free coffee, plus all the standard benefits. Minimum micro-management. Each unit has lots of independence as a unit.

Cons

Stingy company - two raises in ten years of service. Lack of generosity and care for employees. Downsized after ten years with no severance pay, just standard unemployment. My particular boss did not have a good sense of work-life balance in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Ease up, give back to the employees. Be generous and caring. Make provisions for work-life balance. Show leadership by more communication from the top.

"Used to be a great company"

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Solon, OH

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't think of any. In the past is was a great company to work for. Hours were decent

Cons

Poor management, favortisim, layoffs, hours, work load, no work/life balance. Staff is treated like outsiders. Management has no knowledge or skills in the industry. If you aren't in the click, you're out

Advice to Management

Get rid of the management staff you have in there and turn that company into what it used to be

"Females in IT are not Treated Fairly"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule. Some great co-workers.

Cons

A lot of old systems, lack of collaboration and it seems at least some management resistant to change. Women, at least by a couple of IT managers, were thought of as inferior - and one wasted 5 working days to come to the exact same conclusion I had. Another female's role was scaled back, even though she was more competent than the "replacement."

Advice to Management

Don't be resistant to change or stubborn. Some people have innovative ideas that could save the company millions of dollars. Also, be sure you are treating women fairly.

4. "There are pro's and con's"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Good pay at least in my position/ department.
    Solid work even in difficult times depending on your department.
    Decent benefits.
    Cafeteria on site.
    Parking garage.
    Gym.
    River to walk along at lunch.

Cons

Unrealistic ideas about getting large complicated pieces of work done in short spaces of time and still meeting quality objectives. Just when you think it could not get any worse, it sure does.

HR tries to support employees, but ultimately they are understaffed.

Advice to Management

It's time to end the good old boy style of management. I'm afraid that proper decisions are not being made and harm is being done to the business because of this. They need to bring objectivity back at the management layer.

"Disappointing; frequent layoffs in slow times and no hires in busy times."

Current Employee - Title Examiner in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Title Examiner in Tampa, FL

Pros

Not a bad starting salary if you come from the outside and are needed. Good raises if you are a friend of the manager.

Cons

Fidelity's primary objective is to get more for senior management at the expense of the ordinary worker bees. Nickel and dime the employees on benefits, while taking big bonuses for the top.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees with more respect.

"It gets worse every year"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Peers and coworkers tend to be helpful and friendly. Lots of perks on campus...car detaling, dry cleaning, Cafeteria, massage, gym all on site.

Cons

Its not what you know it who you know. Seniority, hard work and dedication make no difference when promoting.. Are not flexable with family/personal life. No training or set procedures.

Advice to Management

Give more praise/rewards to employees who work hard

7. "Claims Counsel"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Irvine, CA

Pros

Regular income was deposited electronically.

Cons

Poor supervision, training and management respect for employees

Advice to Management

Apply intelligence toward management and clearly define goals and expectations.

8. "Management needs an overhaul"

Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA

Pros

I loved having flex time and the opportunity to telecommute. The people are what I love most about the company. Even though the management processes aren't my favorite, I still consider the people a second family.

Cons

I had to harass my manager for a review and a raise which occured once out of the five years I worked for the company despite several promotions. We never received a commission even when business was booming. Lower level management lacks backbone and won't be frank with upper management about staff issues or even production problems. Management has been know to yell at employees in front of any one listening. No one is getting performance reviews which may be part of the reason poor managers are kept in their roles for so long.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the mangement team and remove leaders who lack vision and forward thinking. Remove leaders who are meek and afraid to even correct their staff on minor issues. Be open about upcoming changes. Be open about job openings instead of holding private meetings and then suddenly announcing promotions. There should be a fair application process to promotion opportunities instead of management hand picking their favorite friends.

9. "heads up"

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

its a job...and I appreciate having a job in this screwed-up economy. but, this is the most mismanaged company I've ever worked for.

Cons

this company has weak leadership. management doesn't spend a minute on motivation. it more of a 'what have you done for me lately' type of attitude

Advice to Management

look and review your managers! are the the best out there. do they ever get reviewed? god knows that we don't!

"You are a "number" to them."

Former Employee - IT Professional in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

Lower and middle management is filled with many great people. The employees are dedicated and take pride in their jobs. Middle management does their best to shield their employees from the wrath of the upper management.

Cons

As probably with many large companies, you are but a number to upper management. Layoffs are regular come annual report time. It is all about looking good for the stockholders. Each year benefits have been trimmed and offices thinned. many employees are doing the job of 3 or more people as many have been laid off. This is before the market went sour.

Advice to Management

Show the same loyalty to your employees that they have shown you.