Fidelity National Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Fidelity National Financial Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Every boss I've had is very easy to work with - they expect you to work hard, but they also understand the need for work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Great work environment, because the company is family owned and operated, (in 12 reviews)

1. "Attorney"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning experience with the access to lots of mentors who are experts in title curative matters. Flexible work hours with good vacation time.

Cons

High stress environment which required some unscheduled overtime. Continued change in office location became somewhat inconvenient, and offices were not always very nice.

Advice to Management

Management was acceptable. Spent annotation amount of time and effort staying in contact with us to see how they could assist and obtain our feedback.

2. "Flexible but unorganized"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Flexible. Great for entry level and experience. Great to learn Corp environment

Cons

Unorganized. No training. Poor management. No structure. No process improvement. Overload with work. Repetition of work

Advice to Management

Work on process improvement and becoming more verticle

"Claims Department"

Former Employee - Claims in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Claims in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Until January the people were wonderful and it was a great environment with a work life balance. Benefits and 401k match is decent.

Cons

The drastic amount of people leaving or being fired since January is disturbing. There is no sense of job security and always a fear you'll be let go next. Fresh new graduates are recruited from across the county to come and do your job. Your a number not valued employee. Don't get sucked in by the free lunches and fake people interviewing you they are not the norm, they are the select chosen few who are safe, for now.

Advice to Management

Executives need to take off their blinders and look at the hostile environment they are allowing to continue. Good people are leaving and losing their jobs. This isn't just 'an adjustment' to new management, it's a disgrace to the fnf name.

4. "Law Clerk"

Current Employee - Law Clerk in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Law Clerk in New York, NY

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Excellent people. Very good work experience in complex litigation and Real Estate Law.

Cons

High expectations of work product. Must be a self-starter. Hard working atmosphere and work culture.

"Corporate Accountant"

Former Employee - Corporate Accountant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Accountant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well, Its a paycheck and if you need to pay the bills then there you go.

Cons

You have to pass an accounting test to work here, but I have no idea how some people passed it. The environment is very hostile and the accountants have no idea what their entries are for, they just book them and move on. When its time to train they just give you the entries and hope you don't ask what they are for, they cannot explain it. If you do ask they cover themselves by making you look stupid for "not understanding it."

Overall you are treated as a cheap intern even if you are a senior and have worked there for 10 years. They don't give raises unless you threaten to quit. They don't give inflation bump raises at all.

The work environment itself is a joke. During close it is very stressful and you will be there until 11 at night waiting for your flash to send you their entries. Then the second week you prepare write ups. Then for two weeks people sit around on social media and playing online games pretending to work. The managers are so busy with the insane work load handed to them that they do not even notice that nobody is actually working. So that could be a pro if you are not motivated in your career to work any beyond that!

They also operate entirely on paper, not electronically. I am convinced they do this so they can tell audit that they lost their work. After all there is no support for 90% of the entries you are expected to book. If you get caught then you are made to look bad, even though it is the norm. Deniability everywhere.

Do they seriously not wonder why people quit left and right, that is not normal at all. Especially for a Fortune 500. Nobody gets promoted, they just quit and someone is hired to replace them.

There is no career advancement. During the 3 years that I worked there hardly anyone was promoted. One of the operations teams has a manager, a supervisor, then nearly 20 accountants under them. This manager reports directly to the top. Where is the room for advancement there?

Advice to Management

It isn't like they read this site so there is no point in writing this but you seriously need to step back and take a look at your turnover rate and consider that if you are hiring vouched for candidates with glowing recommendations from staffing firms that have done their due diligence, and they are STILL bailing left and right, something is SERIOUSLY wrong with you.

"Claims"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial (More than 3 years)

Pros

All of the pros went out the window in January

Cons

Sociopathic environment where people who worked hard and cared about the Company were sacrificed to cut payroll and bring in inexperienced people who don't have the first clue on how to manage.
    If you take a job here, be ready to work days, nights, weekends and holidays with little recognition and meager pay.

Advice to Management

Have you noticed that nearly a 3rd of your staff has either quit or been fired in the last month? You're costing your stock holders millions and you don't seem to care.

7. "Great People"

Current Employee - Floor Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Floor Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Sorry I had to leave

8. "Senior Software Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA

Pros

I had complete control of our z9 computer and COBOL/CICS code. I was also responsible for the installation and maintenance of the VM and MVS system and all subsystem. I also gained experience programming COBOL with ISPF.

Cons

In order to keep me as full-time, they transferred me into the customer servers group for "accounting" purposes. I was expected to perform customer service duties according to upper management.. As the company I was originally with was further absorbed into FIS, they ignored the position that they put me in - expected to do customer service while putting more programming demands on me.

Advice to Management

When you buy a company, examine the assets you have and put them in the proper position.

9. "attorney"

Current Employee - In-House Commercial Counsel in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - In-House Commercial Counsel in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial (Less than a year)

Pros

company is located in the Chicago loop

Cons

Company does not provide training on its computer systems. Communication is poor between management and staff.

10. "QA"

Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoying helping borrowers with easy financing.

Cons

Not enough time in the day.

Advice to Management

Managers need breaks too.