Fidelity National Financial "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Fidelity National Financial Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.7
Fidelity National Financial CEO Raymond R. Quirk
Raymond R. Quirk
Pros
Cons
  • "Numerous reports required to upper management to obtain money above authority limit(in 11 reviews)

• "I admit that sometimes we lose site of maintaining a good work-life balance and the "work" side can dominate for a bit(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Claims Counsel"

Former Employee - Claims Counsel in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Collaborative work environment Exposure to various areas of the law (real estate, bankruptcy, probate, etc.) Manager did not micromanage the team

Cons

Limited monetary authority to resolve issues Numerous reports required to upper management to obtain money above authority limit

Fidelity National Financial2017-03-07

"Best Kept Secret!!"

Unappreciated Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Most of the co-workers are nice. Especially if you get the chance to work with some of the original Jax employees. Unfortunately, there are a couple of Omaha employees that refuse to speak.

Cons

If you are not a size 0-4 (for females), under 25, attractive, a transplant from Omaha and/or Jewish, FORGET IT!! You are not getting hired in the claims department. I cannot believe that the 7th floor upper management has turned a blind eye and deaf ear to everything happening on the 4th floor. Of the original 160 person team approximately half have either left or been terminated since January due to new management. This is not an "adjustment period", while new management settles in. This is a witch hunt and the original Jax employees are being burned at the stake. I guess there is no value in employees that are seasoned, loyal or have seniority. The "Jax" employees are being let go while on FLMA or for "restructuring, so we will no longer need your services". Then turn around and replace you with someone that fits their hiring credentials. Don't bother pleading your case to Corporate HR. This only adds fuel to the fire and your terminated as soon as they find out. Great "no retaliation" policy you have there FNF.

Advice to Management

OPEN YOUR EYES and EARS to the 4th floor. Keep some of your experienced Jax employees to replace the new and Omaha transfers. You need someone on that floor who knows what is going on and to help with the DOI complaints. Lord knows the one Senior Legal Assistant can't answer any questions ever asked of her. Of course from my understanding, she doesn't have to prove herself, she just get promoted. Wonder how that happens? Bet that wouldn't happen for any of those Jax employees still there.

Fidelity National Financial2016-08-30

"Corporate counsel"

in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive compensation for the area

Cons

Poor management Lack of concern for customer service Lack of values in upper management

Fidelity National Financial2016-08-17
  4. "Senior Software Developer"

Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

I had complete control of our z9 computer and COBOL/CICS code. I was also responsible for the installation and maintenance of the VM and MVS system and all subsystem. I also gained experience programming COBOL with ISPF.

Cons

In order to keep me as full-time, they transferred me into the customer servers group for "accounting" purposes. I was expected to perform customer service duties according to upper management.. As the company I was originally with was further absorbed into FIS, they ignored the position that they put me in - expected to do customer service while putting more programming demands on me.

Advice to Management

When you buy a company, examine the assets you have and put them in the proper position.

Fidelity National Financial2016-02-01

"Field Auditor"

Underwriting, Field Auditor

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

As a field auditor, you would be out in the field auditing agents. The agents were all nice, appreciative and very pleasant. Field auditors work out of their own home and have some control over their schedule.

Cons

I found that middle management was not well educated and adverse to any change or improvement. Upper management was just absent, meaning not involved with day to day. Benefits were sub standard for a company of this size.

Advice to Management

Pay attention. Create early retirement programs to cut those employees those are just counting the days and making everyone else miserable.

Fidelity National Financial2015-10-22

"Management takes advantage of young girls."

Insurance in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Not a safe place to work

Cons

Upper management entices young girls -freshmen in college, young professionals, ambitious with promising futures, to work administration roles. Manipulating their power to sexually harass and abuse women.

Fidelity National Financial2015-03-11

"Things Change"

Former Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company use to be all about hiring outstanding talent and providing excellent compensation packages and letting people just do their jobs.

Cons

That is how it use to be. Changes in upper management lead to a change in how the company functions. It is now run from the ivory tower in Jacksonville. To do your job all you have to do is implement the newest company initiative and be one of upper managements favorites.

Advice to Management

Find new management. Realize it is the employees that work hard producing revenue that make the company not people with titles.

Fidelity National Financial2014-10-22
  8. "Its all about the numbers"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to operate independently without a lot of supervision. Flexible in travel.

Cons

No professional growth opportunities, its all about making money for upper management.

Advice to Management

Develop a comprehensive HR program that makes employees feel more engaged in the overall success of the company.

Fidelity National Financial2014-09-05

"Valued employees are expendible for cheaper off-shore workers."

Former Employee - IT Development/Test in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My paycheck was always received on time.

Cons

I worked for FNF (and its’ related companies LPS and BKFS) for over 8 years in a senior IT position. I attended many quarterly town-hall meetings where we were told how well the company was doing and how wonderful and important and valuable their employees were. Last year they bought, staffedand trained an IT facility in India. Upper Management told us several times the folks there were to "supplement" our US resources and were not "replacing" our US resources. They would "off-load" some of our "lack of resources" problems. And then one day, I was called into a meeting and told that my senior position was no longer required and it was being moved to India. I was told it had nothing to do with my work performance, it was merely a "reduction in force". The 2 kids in India who were replacing me earn $4000/year (that's $2/hour) - which I understand was great money over there. So I could be replaced (on paper) by 15 kids and the bean counters were still savings money. I guess my senior experience and track record of always making promised deliveries and schedules was not important any more. To make it more insulting and un-dignified, I was not allowed to go back to my desk to pack up my personal belongings! I was walked to the door. Some (not all) of my personal belongings were shipped to me. I was missing several of my personal books and personal documents which were not FNF property. My last few years at FNF were not very positive. I saw a lot of employees who did not do their job, with no repercussions. I know of at least one team that was built mostly with inexperienced friends of the manager - they weren't hired for "what they knew", they were hired for "who they knew". And the team constantly missed their promised deliveries. In general, there never seemed to be any accountability on late or incorrect or incomplete deliverables and projects or folks not performing their job. Very rarely did I see any management decision to improve the way work was done. Likewise, there was very little recognition for doing a great job. The yearly performance review was a big joke - it was just a formality with mostly unrealistic and unachievable goals that employees were told to include in their yearly goals. And your yearly performance did not seem to matter in any salary adjustments (i.e. for the years that they did provide small raises.) Town hall meetings would tell us how successful the company was, how earnings were up, all due to the concerned and valuable employees, but wait, we don't have any money to give you a raise this year. But there seemed to be always be money for huge bonuses for the executives (you can find these amazing bonuses by name by doing a Google search). FNF is a typical CMM Level 1 shop where a few hero's get all the work done, but lack any recognition or reward. They seem to have no motivation for any process improvement. If you find a job at FNF, expect to work very hard, with no tangiable rewards.And to be lead by poor management. My "thank you" for 8 years at FNF was to be escorted to the door. I guess "yesterday" I was a valued and trusted professional, but "today" I was not.

Advice to Management

Does getting a big bonus mean you can tell lies to the employees?

Fidelity National Financial2014-08-11
  10. "Management needs an overhaul"

Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

I loved having flex time and the opportunity to telecommute. The people are what I love most about the company. Even though the management processes aren't my favorite, I still consider the people a second family.

Cons

I had to harass my manager for a review and a raise which occured once out of the five years I worked for the company despite several promotions. We never received a commission even when business was booming. Lower level management lacks backbone and won't be frank with upper management about staff issues or even production problems. Management has been know to yell at employees in front of any one listening. No one is getting performance reviews which may be part of the reason poor managers are kept in their roles for so long.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the mangement team and remove leaders who lack vision and forward thinking. Remove leaders who are meek and afraid to even correct their staff on minor issues. Be open about upcoming changes. Be open about job openings instead of holding private meetings and then suddenly announcing promotions. There should be a fair application process to promotion opportunities instead of management hand picking their favorite friends.

Fidelity National Financial2010-09-25