I worked at Fidessa full-time (More than 5 years)
- lots of smart motivated people
- successful company with good brand
- great place to work if you want to be in status quo. You can fly under the radar pretty easily at Fidessa
- management is highly competitive amongst themselves and so employees are used as ponds
- there is no communications between management and employees about direction of company / product. We're expected to blindly comply without any direction
- no room for upward mobility
- minimal pay increases or effort to ensure employees are paid fairly per the market value. There is always an excuse. I was with the company for 6 years and received increases only when I switched jobs.
- are not innovative in their thinking. Fidessa is not a through leader and often gets stuck on re-creating the wheel. As a developer that can be frustrating since there are products out there that do the exact same thing, but more efficiently.
Advice to Management
Do a better job at listening to employees and replace middle management. They're not performing their jobs. Managers should be good at their job but should also be able to manage their employees and ensure people are happy, challenged and motivated.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?