Fidessa Former Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Former Employee

Fidessa CEO Chris Aspinwall
Chris Aspinwall
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good work/life balance we also get Friday treats (in 39 reviews)

• Relaxing spacious working environment (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • I found you have to fight for career progression rather than being offered it so after a couple of years people tend to move on (in 8 reviews)

• Old technologies, relatively low pay (in 5 reviews)

"Great environment for conformists - not great for over achivers"

Former Employee - Former Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Former Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Fidessa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- lots of smart motivated people
    - successful company with good brand
    - great place to work if you want to be in status quo. You can fly under the radar pretty easily at Fidessa

Cons

- management is highly competitive amongst themselves and so employees are used as ponds
    - there is no communications between management and employees about direction of company / product. We're expected to blindly comply without any direction
    - no room for upward mobility
    - minimal pay increases or effort to ensure employees are paid fairly per the market value. There is always an excuse. I was with the company for 6 years and received increases only when I switched jobs.
    - are not innovative in their thinking. Fidessa is not a through leader and often gets stuck on re-creating the wheel. As a developer that can be frustrating since there are products out there that do the exact same thing, but more efficiently.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at listening to employees and replace middle management. They're not performing their jobs. Managers should be good at their job but should also be able to manage their employees and ensure people are happy, challenged and motivated.