Fiducial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christian Latouche

Pros
  • s bonne ambiance de travail; Beaucoup de responsabilit (in 4 reviews)

• However, the work environment and corporate culture are poisoned from the top down (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • ration modeste, pas en fonction de la productivit (in 2 reviews)

• Limited benefits available and costly (in 2 reviews)

1. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small entrepreneurial firm in US which allows exposure to more areas of the firm to learn the overall business better. Backed by the high profile European firm. Management is strong, employment is stable, improvements are ongoing, and management is open to collaborate.

Cons

The business is smaller in US but growth plans are in place

2. "A review"

Former Employee - Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at Fiducial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was decent and the people were friendly

Cons

Lacks direction. Limited benefits available and costly

Advice to Management

decide what business it is in and share with associates

Apr 13, 2017 – Sr Manager, Employee Relations

We are glad to hear that our employees were friendly and that you thought the pay was decent. We do understand that benefits are perhaps higher than someone may be used to, depending on what another ... More

3. "Tax Preparer"

Former Employee - Tax Preparer in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Tax Preparer in Manassas, VA

Pros

Freedom - if you like to work without any supervision, and have no reviews on the work being done - this is the place for you.

Cons

Quality work is not recognized nor respected. Work is haphazard and inconsistent. Communication between management and employees is nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Manage. Have some respect for both employees and clients.

Apr 13, 2017 – Sr Manager, Employee Relations

We are sorry you felt this way about good work not being recognized. You are right in the sense that Fiducial does not micro-manage its employees. However, there is a process in place for another ... More

"Avoid/éviter de"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at Fiducial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very hard to find pros. As with most companies, you can find some good, ethical people who are willing to work productively together. However, the work environment and corporate culture are poisoned from the top down. Many employees are demoralized.

Cons

No clear company leadership or strategy in the US. The company does not value or respect American employees, much less effectively communicate with them. Promotions and raises are extremely limited. Benefits are fairly weak.

Advice to Management

Hire an American leader that has proven experience with professional services and the regulatory environment in the US and give him or her the discretion to run and lead the American operations. Stop trying to buy your way into the US with no strategy, weak processes and crippled management. Focus on improving the currently owned branches and businesses before buying anything else.

"None"

I worked at Fiducial full-time

Pros

I don't have any pros for this company.

Cons

Horrible place to work please stay away. High turnover and they don't care about their employees no processes in place. Benefits are horrible , 401k match is horrible. The complete set up is a joke.

Advice to Management

Start over. Think about your employess offer incentives.

Jan 5, 2016 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to review Fiducial. While we are unhappy that you had a less than great experience here, all reviews help us to be a better. Fiducial continually evaluates its ... More

6. "Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burtonsville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burtonsville, MD

I worked at Fiducial (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Free parking. Easy to get to.

Cons

No management, no one listens to you, no advancement, terrible health insurance.

Advice to Management

why bother giving advice to management, they never ever listen.

Jan 5, 2016 – Director

thank you for review of Fiducial. We sorry to hear that your experience here was less than stellar. Fiducial leadership is committed to improvements and your feedback is invaluable.

7. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Manassas, VA

I worked at Fiducial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Several offices in the United States. IT department at corporate office that assisted with problems. Tax office at corporate office that offered assistance with preparing tax returns, and tax research assistance.

Cons

Poor upper management. Unreasonable expectations during busy season.

Advice to Management

Learn how a tax preparation company works, and respect the staff when they are trying to meet deadlines. Offer better customer service.

8. "Amazing flexibility! Honorable management! Works as a a team!"

Current Employee - Business Associate in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at Fiducial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours and work schedule are the most flexible I have ever experiences.

Cons

No room for growth or advancement.

Oct 14, 2014 – Director

Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you are happy with your schedule, Fiducial flexibility and our management. We strive to offer our team a quality work life balance. As far as ... More

"Working at Ficucial, Frustrations and Rewards."

Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best part of this occupation is working with fellow staff to help our clients and their businesses. It is especially rewarding to help a small business owner grow their business. Very interesting to see the different types of businesses and very rewarding to be a part of their success.

Cons

The down side is that there have been no salary increases over the last few years. Along with the increased cost of our health care coverage I have less take home pay today than i did three or four years ago. Very frustrating.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication and coordination between the field and the corporate office. Policy and procedures training should be scheduled yearly for all.

Jan 20, 2015 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Fiducial and we are pleased that you are passionate about helping small Businesses because that is core to who we are as a company. In response to ... More

"So far has been improving the quality of work but still has major issues to address."

Current Employee - Accountant in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vacation and sick time, we do have medical, progression is in the works, everyone I work with is both nice and helpful, willing to work around schedules.

Cons

We do not have vision or dental, our pay is not very competitive in our field, employee turnover is extremely high which makes it hard to learn people/positions when things are constantly changing, several management offices which are essential to operate daily are vacant due to attendance or resignation, in order to promote or improve it is a timely and drawn out process that can easily be improved, no consistency throughout the building on work.

Advice to Management

Bring wage to a competitive level to create demand for open positions and to keep loyal employees, standardize the work throughout the building, if management needs to be apart of daily tasks require attendance! If we are expected to be open and available to the clients but upper management can come and go as pleased without having to check in or be able to be contacted how is the office suppose to operate at 100%? We can not promote, or fire without approval, raises have not been given in a long time and other jobs offer more pay, more medical coverage, and more accountability with its management department. In order for us to push forward as a competitive company we need to be competitive on all fronts, both client and employee. Only then will you get loyal and experienced people who will be able to provide the kind of service you wish to sell to clients who will in turn stay loyal and refer us to help us grow.

Sep 10, 2014 – Director

thanks for taking the time to give us your insight. We are happy that you are pleased with your allocation of paid time off and that you can see the positive change that is being implemented. Here at ... More