Field Nation Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

203.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Field Nation~405700
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Other employees are great and the culture keeps everyone working hard but having a good time doing it.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The people are amazing and the culture is unlike any other company.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Plenty of growth and opportunities, actual work/life balance, collaborative/trusting environment, user(in 6 reviews)
  • "Culture, the people, no micromanagement, intelligent and vivacious workforce, leadership is approachable and understanding.(in 5 reviews)
  • "People are the positive and helpful, great work/life balance, and besides just being very knowledgable and genuine, executives allow their employees to come in day 1 and make a difference without being micro(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Field Nation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Their actions match their words

May 2, 2022 - Customer Resolution Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

FN is actually employee first, unlimited PTO, career development funding, flexible with WFH arrangements, they trust you to show up as you are & do your job, great benefits! The culture is also unmatched, I'd say most people love working here even if their job is stressful. I am still new but I feel this has been a great move for me. I will update this later once I've been with the company longer. definitely apply!

Cons

Not really any cons, I think their US team could be a bit more diverse but they are growing and I truly believe that will grow as well!

People Operations Business Partner

Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear you are enjoying Field Nation's people first culture! This is something we will strive to continue, even as the organization grows, because we truly believe our employees are the cornerstone in all we do. Regarding diversity within US teams, this is something we are continuing to strive towards and understand that the importance of inclusive hiring is key. Thank you again for the feedback!

2. 5.0

Every. Single. Person at FN is the most _______

Nov 1, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Somehow Field Nation has managed to attract the most ___in every category (passionate, committed, caring, open, quality-driven, creative, collaborative). FN has THE best CEO, CFO (truly next level), VP Mktg (and the whole C-suite really) that are a rare combination of visionary and practical, effective yet innovative, firm but lovable. Issues are heard and addressed almost immediately. For example, we all were feeling the pressure of too many meetings on our calendars, so management pulled together plans for work that helped us all get that focus time we needed. The work environment has been collaborative, fun, purposeful, and flexible--almost overly-concerned about time off (I'm GenX, go figure) so while there is unlimited PTO and many days off, I sometimes feel like it might be overboard, at least for me. But I think that is what attracts the young talent we need these days. Loads of recognition every day, built systematically into the company culture. The company also has a purpose-driven DNA and contributes to the community and causes both as a company and as individuals. Everyone works hard on completing their commitments and every single person takes them seriously. It's probably the Midwest work ethic at play. We all celebrate exceeding our growth goals (which seems to keep happening lately) so it's fun to be on a winning team with so many committed to rowing the boat hard every day (except days off)!

Cons

Folks who maybe don't tend to take a lot of time off or feel uncomfortable with public recognition might have some awkward moments.

People Operations Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience so far at Field Nation! It makes us proud to hear that you're having a great experience and have high praise about the company. As we continue to grow, our connected values and commitment to breaking the barriers of work, will always be front of mind! Please continue to share your feedback to your manager and People Operations on different ways to show appreciation to our teammates.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to learn, work, and grow!

Jan 19, 2022 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Field Nation has an amazing culture that is shared among employees of all levels and backgrounds. The environment is both professionally and personally supportive, with an emphasis on professional development and work/life balance. I could not think more highly of our leadership team as they are incredibly intentional when making decisions for the future of the company and its employees. Last, but certainly not least, everyone at FN is out to win TOGETHER making collaboration a daily joy, not a challenge.

Cons

I love working at Field Nation, however, it does have a start-up culture that may not be for everyone. Candidates that are considering employment will need to be comfortable with change and collaboration.

People Operations

Thank you so much for your review! We agree, the culture at Field Nation is driven by all of the employees and is a great place to be. Thank you for all of your kind words about the leadership team. That's a great point you made about change and collaboration, these two items are vital for our innovative environment. Thank you for your feedback!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome place to work!

Jan 11, 2022 - Director of New Business Development in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the CEO down, this is a great place to work. Great culture, work life balance and a fun place to work. Growth is amazing, and everyone collaborates very well.

Cons

None that I can think of

People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at Field Nation! We love to hear that it's a great place to work and you enjoy the work life balance. Please continue to share your feedback to your manager and People Operations team!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing culture & out to win together attitude

Dec 30, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly and dedicated team members - Great benefits - Ability to be heard and make a difference no matter what level/position you are in - Personal and professional growth opportunities

Cons

Growing quickly which means hiring new team members to help with capacity issues has been difficult

People Operations

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience. I appreciate how you highlighted that employees can make a difference no matter what level/position they are in. That is so important, especially in a high growth environment. To your point, we are growing quickly and hiring across the board. We'll continue to invest to ensure we can address capacity issues. Thank you!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love coming into work every day

Jan 3, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Cross-team collaboration * Coaching and career development * Work life balance * I feel valued * I work with some amazing people

Cons

No chili cook off since before the pandemic (it's ok, I forgive you)

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We agree that no Souper Bowl or chili cook off since early 2020 is a con :) The pros you highlighted are the areas we value deeply in our employee experience and it so great to hear you have had a great experience here!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Culture is FN great

Feb 23, 2021 - Team Member in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is definitely the best company I've ever worked at — the people are wonderful (and therefore, so is the culture), and the work is exciting. I get frequent 1:1 time with my manager, and they genuinely care about my experience and development on the team. My team members are self-starters and hard workers, and everyone is allowed to play to their strengths. We support each other and are proud of what we accomplish. This is not an environment for slackers, but one for contributors. I feel I'm getting paid what I'm worth and that my expertise is appreciated. Our benefits are great — and time-off is expected. The "unlimited time off" allows people to set their own boundaries between work and home (however, you are expected to be a responsible adult and not abuse the benefit). Leadership is an open book, and frequently updates us on the health of the business. They also did a lot to support our team during the peak of COVID, and I'm grateful for their understanding and kindness (they are seriously genuine people). Onboarding is cross-functional and allows you to learn about the platform, the industry, and our customers. The industry is complex, however, and you aren't expected to know everything in the first three months, or even the first six months.

Cons

The workload while working from home has certainly increased, but we are actively hiring to reduce capacity issues.

People Operations

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Glassdoor. It is so great to hear you've had a positive experience and your feedback is really helpful for knowing what we are doing well! Thank you for also pointing out an area for us to pay attention to. Feedback is an important part of our employee experience and should have any other suggestions, please reach out to People Ops!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A model for how companies should operate

May 3, 2021 - Sales and Marketing in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for companies who talked about being employee-centric, but Field Nation continually shows they're committed to caring for and supporting their workforce. It's rare that you find a high-performing tech company that values excellence but also employee well-being, growth, and development. The unlimited PTO is just one example – to make sure you actually use it, Field Nation offers a vacation bonus if you take at least 5 consecutive days off per year. There's more than just talk; there's action. I also appreciate the authenticity and transparency of leadership. There's an open-door policy, and it's encouraged. I can't say enough great things about this organization.

Cons

No workplace is perfect, but I appreciate that Field Nation always tries to do better. Meetings are a challenge at every company (too many of them, some lack structure and purpose) and it's no different here. But one thing the organization is trying is "no meeting" blocks two afternoons a week. Maybe it will help and maybe it won't, but I value the fact that we recognize a problem and are trying to address it.

People Operations

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you are having a positive experience! We agree - we have to keep working on the meetings challenge. We'll continue to monitor feedback around the recent start of no meetings time each week to hear what works and what doesn't and adjust from there. As always, if you have any other feedback to share, don't hesitate to reach out to your manager or the People Ops team!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for

Nov 1, 2021 - Accounting
    Business Outlook

Pros

Field Nation is a collaborative environment where everyone works together as a team. There is a work hard play hard mentality.

Cons

Fast Growing Company as a result there is constant change.

People Operations Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience at Field Nation! We too love all the collaboration that happens here - even if we do virtually. Thank you for continuing to choose Field Nation!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Nov 1, 2021 - Accountant in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment is collaborative, supportive, and flexible.

Cons

Understanding the software integrations and how they connect.

People Operations Generalist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are glad to hear that you feel supported at Field Nation! Please continue to share your feedback to your manager and the People Operations team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Reviews

Field Nation Reviews FAQs

Field Nation has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 114 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Field Nation to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Field Nation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Field Nation. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

95% of Field Nation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Field Nation 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Field Nation to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Field Nation Job Seekers