Fieldstone Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"FCI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Fieldstone was very family-oriented. Executive management knew everyone's names and even personal life, which you rarely get in any companies. They will stop you down the hallway just to ask how you are doing. You get a good feeling when you go to work because you have a lot of friends there. The company knew how to treat their employees in terms of company events and perks. It was one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

Cons

My supervisor did not show any heart or gave any recognition throughout the 3 years I worked for her. Even up until the week I left she did not notify the company I was leaving, which I think was a big deal seeing I do the company's payroll. She had no trust in what I did, which was odd seeing all the emails I received when I emailed the company myself saying I was leaving. Even co-workers out of state who I rarely see begged the HR department to try and keep me just so they wouldn't work with my supervisor.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly and get to know them. They deserve praise and recognition when it's due.

2. "Stay away"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Draper, UT

I worked at Fieldstone Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They tell you alot of good things about the company during the interview process. The salary was above average.

Cons

Nothing they told you during the interview process is true. They work long hours even if there is no work, management thinks highly of themselves even when results show otherwise. Unrealistic expectations from everyone. They build low end houses that are nothing but trouble for the buyer.

Advice to Management

Leave the company and let someone else manage properly.

3. "A once great company that's now dying a slow death under ineffective and inexperienced management."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Irvine, CA

Pros

Wonderful founding principles. This company works very hard to promote and perpetuate the culture and ensure it runs through every thread of the company. Every employee is treated with respect and trust regardless of title.

Cons

Upper management has become extremely weak as a result of former senior management leaving, retiring or just moving on. Young MBAs have replaced the old regime as the new blood of upper management. New management comes from other industries and does not have a fulll grasp of the building industry and have not experienced the many economic or housing cycles over the decades.

Advice to Management

Please re-evaluate the choices that are being made when it comes to Project Maanagement. Having an MBA or a USC degree is no substitute for a seasoned industry veteran who has seen the many ups and downs in this industry. Employees are disgruntled and sad that the founding principles of Keith are slipping away. Employees also see alot of kissing up and fakeness on behalf of some of the upper management. It seems very apparent to everyone but Frank, who keeps these shady insincere people as close confidants and advisors.

4. "I learned and grew at Fieldstone."

Pros

Fieldstone Communities is geared toward efficiency and has a smoother run operation than other large volume builders that I am aware of.

Cons

The company pushes the "family feeling." I am not saying it is a hostile environment in any way, but this is not the case. Management could be more open with what is hapening in the company.

Advice to Management

Don't dismiss the problems or concerns of the staff. Some issues just seemed to be ignored that should not be.