Fifth Group Restaurants Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 17, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robby Kukler

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Beverage Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Beverage Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401K, paid time off, bonus plans, family atmosphere, leadership engagement, and continuing education

Cons

Long hours but that comes with management territory

2. "Passionate Restaurant Operators"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They encourage saving for the future with 401K & company matching a portion of contributions. Plenty of paid time off. You get a restaurant group dining card every month to dine in the other restaurants. The bonus structure structure is engaging. They have a focus on promoting from within the company. They offer ongoing training programs. The owners and directors are hands-on. They do lots of philanthropic work in local communities throughout the year.

Cons

To work for Fifth Group you should be proficient in optimizing your off days because your works days tend to be long.

3. "Really the real deal!"

Current Employee - Culinary Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Culinary Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company knows how to run a hospitality business. I have worked in all kinds of environments in my years in the industry and this is by far the best combination of best practices, entrepreneurship, ownership, effective leadership, accountability, and responsibility I have found, short of running my own business. I am a long time employee and some of the things that stand out for me are: professional environment, recognition, appreciation, opportunity to fulfill goals, comprehensive feedback and development, ability to have a voice in setting the course and problem solving, good benefits like 401k matching, decent health insurance, paid vacation, quarterly bonuses, dining allowance, above average salary compensation.
    The core values that have been set by the leadership in this company help to make this place work. I am able to see most anything I ask for when it comes to what I need to make good decisions and run the business. Great transparency overall. You feel like people care about you and your situation, and are concerned with meeting your personal and professional goals.

Cons

At times, like most F&B jobs, the hours can get a little long depending on the week/period. But sometimes that is due to issues that are out of anyone's control, and it would be nice to get some appreciation for those times more often.

Advice to Management

Come up with a way to compensate for times when managers are working more than usual with either time or money to offset. Cash out or roll-over on unused vacation time would be greatly appreciated.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They really care about their people. They demonstrate integrity. They do a great job of training and developing people. They are, for sure, the best teachers in the industry--many former employees have gone on to open their own successful businesses. They are structured, but fair. You know what to expect, and they let you know if you are meeting those expectations. Staff and managers alike are great to work with.

Cons

Fifth Group Restaurants is definitely not for everyone. People that don't like structure or being challenged won't find them to be a fit. Like everyone, they could focus more on praise and appreciation than on what else needs to be done. That being said, they do a pretty good job of recognizing great people.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to take away some of the administrative responsibilities of managers so that they can focus more on staff and guests.

"Part time server"

Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far the one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Money is great, if you put in the work. Management is also an all star operation.

Cons

Some locations require you to pay out of pocket to park, which when you work part time, and pay 25 a week for safe parking it adds up.

7. "Fun people, great place to work"

Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great company to work for, especially if you're in the hospitality business. Great people to work with, which makes going to work worth it. Management is understanding and professional.

Cons

Dealing with rude customers, but that's bound to happen with any restaurant group from time to time. Other than that, no major negatives.

Advice to Management

none

8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Big company opportunities with a small company/family feel
    Strong focus on the employees and happy employees make happy guests
    They do a good job of promoting from within
    Employee benefits are great for a restaurant company

Cons

Sometimes changes take longer to implement than they should

Advice to Management

Don't overthink things, don't sweat the small stuff and keep the ball rolling!

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great for professional growth
    - Commitment to giving back to the community
    - Environmentally responsible
    - Talented individuals in both front and back of the house
    - Actively involved ownership and upper management
    - The culture

Cons

- Upward mobility can take awhile. Little turn over in upper management

10. "Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time

Pros

I want to give a shout out to Fifth Group Restaurants for being the kind of place I look forward everyday going into work. Up and down the ranks, from owners to our line staff, it is the group of people that care for you that make it so worthwhile to be in this business. It is remarkable to be around so many driven, gracious and happy.

Cons

None that I can come up with.

11. "A great place to work"

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time

Pros

Employees are treated like people and are treated as a valuable and crucial asset.

Cons

I have not found any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to enjoy your job.