Financial Credit Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Alicia Sundstrom-Park

1. "OK place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Pros

It is good to have a job and a paycheck however small

Cons

Heavy workload, low pay, little paid time off, not much of a benefits package , micro-management

Advice to Management

it would be good for management to treat employees more fairly and reward employees more for hard work, it is unfair to give employees such a heavy workload with little benefits or reward for hard work

2. "Nightmare Part II"

Current Employee - Collector in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Collector in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Financial Credit Network (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are no pros other than getting a paycheck & that's not saying much since this company's wages are far below industry standards

Cons

Poorly managed company. Favoritism abounds. Unless you are 1 of the "chosen" ones, you are treated very poorly. Company is micro-managed like it's some sort of secret Government agency. Management allows a harsh environment when it comes to sexual harassment & drug use, choosing to bury their heads rather than deal with it. Management only cares about money & doesn't care how they get it as long as each employee is literally tied to their desks. You can't even get up to take a bathroom break without someone getting into your business. I have seen some really great people leave this company & it's really sad cause they were the people that would stand up to management only to be dismissed on some "minor" infraction while others seem to get away with anything & everything. If they don't like you or you question their authority, they will find a way to get rid of you.

Advice to Management

Take some sensitivity classes or better yet, fire the collection manage who, if you asked the majority of the people there, is the main problem with this company. It's really sad.

3. "NIGHTMARE!"

Current Employee - Collections in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Collections in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Financial Credit Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees allowed to wear casual clothes to work

Cons

Terrible place to work... Low pay, heavy work load. FCN cares nothing about their employees. Unprofessional behavior, FAVORTISM is huge here. Gossip and drama are also HUGE here. VP and Manager are made aware of serious issues and do nothing. I have personally heard the Trainers gossip and make fun of the new employees in training, and this is who they have in charge? This place is ran unethically and very unprofessionally. This behavior is allowed to continue with a very poor lack of leadership. Management does nothing to stop or remedy this issue. If you speak up or make waves, you are treated like your the problem and disposable. FCN's Motto... Keep your mouth shut, head down and collect our money!. Drug use allowed without any repercussions. The Supervisors and leads are disrespectful to employees by laughing and belittling an employee who asks questions or asks for help, then they turn around and gossip about it to other employees. On the outside they make you believe its a great place to work but on the inside... It's nothing of the sort.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they finally have the courage to come forward and bring up serious issues. Most of us that work here are afraid to speak up in fear of reprimand, being treated poorly or being fired. We have only stayed so long because of the economy and lack of jobs, NOT because we are happy employees.

"I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!"

I have been working at Financial Credit Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for Alicia and Kris you are treated like family. They truly believe that family comes first, which I have experienced more than once. They have an open door policy for things to do with work and even personal things. They are there for you. We are always having perks of playing games, winning prizes or gift cards. They also surprise us with lunch being brought in. We have an employee assistance program which has helped me and many others that work here. Alicia is very health conscious and is always working on new ways to keep us motivated. Alicia loves giving back to the community. We have done volunteer work cleaning yards, painting, visiting rest homes. We are also involved in Bowling for Kids, Relay for Life and Kids for Christmas.

Cons

Working with different personalities can be difficult at times but this is going to happen no matter where you work. At times it feels like the work load is overwhelming but you have to take a deep breath and look at what the tasks are and figure out where to start. You may not get rich working here but you will work for a fantastic employer and that out weighs everything else.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and thank you for always being there for anything I might need, even just an ear to listen to me. :o)

"I LOVE MY JOB !!!"

I have been working at Financial Credit Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The owner & VP are very family orientated and I have experienced this when I have needed time for my family. They are here for all employees to listen to work or personal issues. We are always having many types of games and can win prizes. This year we are celebrating 60yrs of business so they are going all out with all types of exciting things. They are also very health conscious and have different programs going on through out the year.We have an employee assistant program which has helped many people including myself. They are also are involved with the community and doing volunteer work. We do fundraising for Bowling for Kids, Christmas for Kids & Relay For Life.
    I enjoying coming to work which not many people can say about there jobs.

Cons

Working with many personalities can at times be a challenge which is true no matter were you work.
    No I won't become rich at this job but that is okay by me. We don't have a lot of PTO time but if you come to work you can earn your time and then just use the days wisely.

Advice to Management

Just continue to be the great employers that you are !!!
    If people don't take advantage of the open door policy that you offer over & over again then I feel that is there loss.

7. "Good place to work."

I worked at Financial Credit Network full-time

Pros

Lots of fellowship and team building activities. You get lots of opportunity to try different things and wear different hats. Healthy atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is on the low side, but it is a call center. Culture values working from home after hours way too much.

Advice to Management

Hire more non collector staff to spread the workload.

8. "This is the best company I have ever worked for!""

I have been working at Financial Credit Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The owner of the company is caring and giving. The more successful we are, the more she shares. She has a heart of gold. The work is hard, but the community is amazing.

Cons

The economy, the consumer's lack of taking responsibility for debts owed, make the job tough.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.