Financial Finesse Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Financial Finesse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and nice people

Cons

None I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing.

2. "Best"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Financial Finesse full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working environment was good

Cons

Nothing to say about the previous job

Advice to Management

Focus on how to grow the business

3. "Senior Director of Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Financial Finesse full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can make an immediate impact

Cons

Growing fast with a busy 2019

4. "Help Desk"

Current Employee - Help Desk in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Help Desk in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Financial Finesse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great compensation
    - Flexible work hours
    - Able to work from home
    - No Micromanagement
    - Amazing people and work culture
    - Huge emphasis on communication and understanding each other
    - Sincere and genuine vision to help others through their financial struggles by financial coaching
    - Transparency
    - They reward excellent work through recognition and promotion
    - Work hard, play hard
    -Dog friendly

Seriously, there are so many great things to say about this company and I can't express enough how happy and grateful I am to be working here.

Cons

Honestly, none that I can think of so far.

Advice to Management

You guys are amazing! Keep it up!

5. "Resident Financial Planner"

I have been working at Financial Finesse full-time

Pros

Company mission of changing lives trumps everything. Amazing corporate culture. Very empowering. If you're good at something and it benefits the company, you can probably work on it, even if it's not part of your "job description".

Cons

You may get pulled in a lot of different directions sometimes. Travel involved, so if you don't want to travel, it's probably not for you.

"Impressions"

Current Employee - Consultant in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Financial Finesse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to work from home whenever possible is a huge positive as it allows for a work life balance that many Tier 1 companies claim but do not provide. Close proximity / accessibility to the CEO and Leadership Team. This affords you exposure that you would never typically have in a much larger company. You can express interests in very different fields than what you might have been hired for - you can explore and grow! Outside of just giving and doing your best, nothing is really set in stone. The people are genuinely nice and very approachable!

Cons

The culture can still be considered a bit "raw" and some portions of the interview process ( panel ) can seem very disjointed, - consider the impression being made on the mind of the candidate / new hire.

Advice to Management

Systematize what you can where you can. A set process in place can help with shortening the ramp-up time for new hires as well as solidify the key learning(s) about the company you want to remain top of mind - regardless of tenure.

"bait and switch"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great benefits and colleagues are nice for the most part

Cons

total chaos, a lot of people dont end up doing what theyre actually hired for. kind of a bait and switch situation. they're super demanding and expect you to work 12 hours a day everyday at a minimum. if you dont, it looks bad on you and people will talk. strangest part is that a lot of people are just winging it in their roles. they dont have any formal training on the additional responsibilities that get tacked onto their existing job role. if youre a financial advisor, you'll be stressed out but wont have to work in the office. also, the level of talent they require is pretty amateur (besides financial advisors), so if you stay there expect to fall behind on your skills compared to other companies and good luck finding another job if you stay there for a few years. the ceo is a nice woman but also riddled with stress and anxiety which trickles down to all her employees and makes them live in fear of losing their jobs at any moment

Advice to Management

get it together as an organization and stop expecting everyone to work like a slave

Financial Finesse Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Director of Talent Management

On behalf of the team at Financial Finesse, I’m sorry that your time here left you with this perception and that it didn’t end up being the right fit for what you were seeking.

Our extensive... More

"Wonderful Company - Great Benefits & People"

Current Employee - Director of Technology in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Technology in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Financial Finesse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking to broaden your horizons in terms of entrepreneurship, management and out-of the box thinking, this place could be for you.

Some of my best working experiences come from working with people at Financial Finesse. Folks here are smart, out of the box thinkers who are unpretentious and a-political.

You'll also enjoy a flexible working schedule, good benefits, some nice company dinners and snaaaacks.

Cons

A few. The company is still getting on it's feet with doing Technical Project Management. Also one may at times feel as though you're trying to boil the ocean with the massive amount of projects and priority management that one has to handle. Your job description may look like 3 people's job description. But the upside is that if you can live with those cons, you'll learn a TON.

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring smart, unpretentious people. You're doing a good job.

9. "Client Relationship Manager"

I have been working at Financial Finesse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial Finesse is a fast-paced environment that requires each employee to take on much more than your job title indicates. It fosters a wonderfully challenging environment of constant learning and collaboration. I love being a part of a group of highly conscientious and extremely intelligent workers. The flexible work schedule is a wonderful perk, and a fully stocked kitchen constantly filled with free food and beer doesn’t hurt, either!

Cons

It can be challenging if you’re coming from a traditional office environment, however, everyone is great in helping you adapt to a small company culture.

Advice to Management

Onboarding is tough and a constant work in progress. Some of the observations you're asking for may be more useful at the end of the training period.

"Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Everyone is incredibly smart, and great at what they do-all while knowing how to have a good time. I could not have asked for a better internship experience knowing that the work I put in provided value to the company, all while providing me with a fantastic learning experience everyday. I was exposed to all facets of the company which gave me a broader perspective on how a growing company operates on a first-hand level.

Cons

Lots to learn when onboarding

Financial Finesse Response

Aug 13, 2015 – Director of Talent Management

It was great to launch our internship program with such a strong contributor with an innate thirst for knowledge and new experiences. You've set the bar high, and we all truly enjoyed having you as... More