Financial Services of America Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Financial Services of America President Richard James
Richard James

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The family first culture encourages me to be there for my wife and kids anytime they need me" (in 5 reviews)

• "Family oriented work place; Positive atmosphere; Liked the environment so much I have recommended several people into the company as well" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was let go after almost a year while another assistant got to stay after 7 months because she is getting married to one of the agents" (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Warren, MI

I have been working at Financial Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best company I've ever worked for.
    Positive atmosphere with a very large number of employees that have been there for a long time and still keep the same attitude with helping new employees be the best they can be.
    The CEO is a person that has been there to help me and others way past what would be considered as the norm. I will work for this company till I retire no doubt about it.
    I honestly can't say enough to put this into perspective.

Cons

I don't know how we could improve anything that has not already been addressed and in process of improving or solving

Advice to Management

Thank you keep up the great Work. Always remember the position we have to positively impact people's lives on such a high level

"Amazing leadership"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Warren, MI

Pros

The most uplifting environment with the highest level of integrity that I've ever worked for.
    Opportunities to grow and embrace a learning style that is not typical in most companies.
    When they say family first they really mean it.
    Amazing opportunity to build your own business and still be part of the team.

Cons

You must love people and be a person of the highest Integrity to be able to thrive in this environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing....thank you for this amazing opportunity to grow with a
    company who values people first, family and provides excellence in service to every family we have the opportunity work with.
    Looking forward to our future endeavors.

"Best company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Roseville, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Roseville, MI

Pros

FSA offers great training and one-on-one mentorship. I have worked for several sales organizations and have finally found my home. It's challenging work and not for everybody, but I encourage anyone with drive who is teachable and hungry to give it a try. I have learned so much and met some amazing people and formed friendships I can truely say will last a lifetime. The work is rewarding. You get to have fun, make money, and make a difference in people's lives. The daily training classes are excellent! you can learn something in the morning and apply it that afternoon. As I learn more, and get better, so does my paycheck! Having children means plans can change in an instant. The family first culture encourages me to be there for my wife and kids anytime they need me. I love the company gatherings and my family looks​ forward to seeing our work family at these fun events. It's a big company with a small family business feeling. In the words of our CEO, I hope to see you at the top!

Cons

Anyone who's worked in sales knows your office is your car, and here is no different.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The company is growing and that is encouraging to someone wanting to grow with it!

"Chance of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I have been working at Financial Services of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many "pros" though a couple of the ones that stand out to me are, opportunities to take care of my family on a moments notice without ever having to ask anyone for permission.
     I also have a very flexible calendar that lets me go to sporting events, kids concerts, and any vacation that I would like to take.
     I have an opportunity to make unlimited money if I put my mind to it.

Cons

If I had to say a "con" it would be that I "only" get 5-6 leads a day. If I want more and I treat the leads like gold I would like the chance to have more. 7-8 would be ideal.

Advice to Management

Maybe one less class a day so I can get my paperwork turned in and on the road on time.

5. "not the "best place to work" as the award states"

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

you get a check every week

Cons

the award "best workplace" was awarded because the employees do not fill out the surveys; management does

Advice to Management

how do you sleep at night

"Don't waste your time "Family Friendly" means NOTHING!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Warren, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did work with some very nice people. When I had to get my sick child from school they were mostly understanding

Cons

If you aren't a member of their inner circle you won't have your job for long. I was let go after almost a year while another assistant got to stay after 7 months because she is getting married to one of the agents. I was also conveniently let go less than 2 weeks after telling management I was pregnant, how that for "family friendly."

Advice to Management

Drop the act and stop lying to employees.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of one thing that I liked. The best part was when I was gone.

Cons

Everything! They go through employees very quickly. They promise that you will make a lot and dont. When you do make sales they do not reimburse you for what they claimed you would get. If you quite or get fired before you can repay your "draw" payment they will take legal action to get it back. They were the worst company that I ever worked for. Please do not work here. I worked hard and put 150% into every day.

Advice to Management

Pay people like normal companies and stop using a "non-profit" as you way to get in the door for your sales people to sell. Be honest!

8. "FSA"

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great daily training for job success

Cons

It is a draw against commission and commission pay takes a very long time to be paid. Not very warm leads at all.

Advice to Management

Allow for more technological processes

"Finance Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment!
    Desirable Learning Curb!

Cons

Traveling plenty for the job

"Administrative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time

Pros

You will get to experience real lifetime events with people. You will learn the values of money and how it operates the entire world. Agents are well kept and nice and wanting to get out in the field and go to their appointments and some agents keep their promises and actually see their clients every single year. Me working for FSA, my goal was to always keep the client & agent happy. Happy client=Happy agent.

Cons

They do not care about your well being, that is a scam to get you in the door. During your interview they will promise you a raise after your 90 days and say it's a "drastic increase in pay". I was their for 6 months and not once did I receive a raise and when I asked about it, which I only asked 3 times since my 90 days and management kept pushing and pushing it back and came up with excuse after excuse about why I haven't had a raise. There is so much special privileged and favoritism going on in this facility. If you don't have your way in with someone don't expect to last very long. When I took days off for my kids school and when my kids were sick, the company said it was fine and when I came in the next day I was brought into managements office and let go just like that without a word as to why. I got nothing from a company that is supposed to be the best in this business. They only care about themselves and if you have a problem with someone you also can't go to management because they won't fit it, they will just make it worse and talk about you too! I've never been at a company that treated their employees so unfairly. Don't be good at your job and you'll have a job here!

Advice to Management

Tell the Truth.