Financial Services of America Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Financial Services of America President Richard James
Richard James

Pros
  • I guess the "Family First" philosophy I was introduced to not too long ago really does get stressed here (in 6 reviews)

• Richard James has taken this wet behind the ears, probably somewhat over-cocky person and has mentored me into something that I'm personally proud of (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a sales position, which like all sales positions has it's ups and downs, but I believe the pros out weight the cons by far (in 4 reviews)

• I was let go after almost a year while another assistant got to stay after 7 months because she is getting married to one of the agents (in 3 reviews)

1. "Positive Experiences"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Warren, MI

I have been working at Financial Services of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons for working with "FSA" are the family friendly environment, the fact that I get a salary, and all my prospecting is done for me. If you have ever worked in sales, you will know how important it is to have good leads. Mine are given to me each day and compliment my growing client base. This is important because I have more time to spend with clients and potential clients.

I mentioned family friendly because I have been to many functions and staff events where my family was able to enjoy the events right by my side. And if I need time off, it goes without question that I can take the time. I don't worry that my kid gets sick and has to stay home because with a call, I can stay home with her. Flexibility saddled with legitimate concern and compassion is what I have always received at "FSA".

I earn a great salary that is definitely that...a weekly salary. I get commissions in adddition to my salary. With great mentoring from my supervisor and the owner of the company, I'm seeing increasing yearly pay.

Cons

I would like to have an assistant someday but I haven't gotten to that level in the company just yet. Just something that I need to continue to work in I guess.

Advice to Management

I love working for your company. I can't say enough good things and when something strange does arise, I know it will be handled quickly and professionally, with compassion and expertise.

2. "Great Position"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Warren, MI

I have been working at Financial Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Family First, and they mean it! I go to my daugher's volleyball games sometimes having to miss work to do it.
    2. Top Notch Training, only the industry leaders can give us the best training and FSA provides this. I have classes daily that train me any all aspects of my job and sales in general. I'm a better person for this.
    3. I get paid a weekly salary. This is in addition to the commissions I generate
    4. Open Door policy of the CEO is incredible. When I have an idea, it is heard and sometimes even implemented if feasible.
    5. Excellent support staff. The administrative assistants do so much of the support work I need to be truly successful. I have much more time with my clients.
    6. I get leads daily. I don't have to look for leads.
    7. I don't have to work nights or weekends. This gives me more time with my family (see #1).

Cons

This is a very positive and motivational place to work. I do not see much in the way of cons. Maybe a little bit of driving, but this is a sales position and I have to expect some.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It works and I can't say enough good things about working here.

3. "Flexible Schedules, Friends, Mentors, Training....And Family"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Warren, MI

Pros

For just over two years, Mr. Richard James has taken this wet behind the ears, probably somewhat over-cocky person and has mentored me into something that I'm personally proud of. I came out of high school without much of a plan for my life and stumbled upon Financial Services of America. I didn't know if financial sales would be my calling, but from my very first interview with Mr. James (the CEO), I felt welcomed, supported, and that I quite possibly had a new outlook on my career. I went through the interview process and was brought on shortly afterwards into a training program that is second to none. Every morning, I work with some of the best and most successful individuals in the industry. I have so much more knowledge of the business than before I came in and it grows seemingly every day! I feel like my manager is my friend. He will call me up regularly to see how my day is going and offer advice and suggestions on what I can do better. I meet weekly with Mr. James who continues to mentor me to this day, but what is really neat about this place is his door is always open for advice, suggestions, and even a congratulatory complement. It's amazing what he knows about my performance at any given time. He certainly sees me much more than just another employee. I guess if I could sum up working for FSA, it would be "Family". We are one big family working as one solid unit. I guess the "Family First" philosophy I was introduced to not too long ago really does get stressed here. From one person to anyone that is "lost" in their career, come take a good hard look at Financial Services of America. I found it to be the employer to make me successful not only professionally, but personally as well.

Cons

I get up on Mondays looking forward t the week ahead. Sure I have some bad days, everyone does, but I can't say I experience any real cons with working here.

Advice to Management

Continue to retain the great training and management people that are helping me become the success in life that I want to be.

"Don't waste your time "Family Friendly" means NOTHING!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Warren, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did work with some very nice people. When I had to get my sick child from school they were mostly understanding

Cons

If you aren't a member of their inner circle you won't have your job for long. I was let go after almost a year while another assistant got to stay after 7 months because she is getting married to one of the agents. I was also conveniently let go less than 2 weeks after telling management I was pregnant, how that for "family friendly."

Advice to Management

Drop the act and stop lying to employees.

"Finance Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment!
    Desirable Learning Curb!

Cons

Traveling plenty for the job

"Administrative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time

Pros

You will get to experience real lifetime events with people. You will learn the values of money and how it operates the entire world. Agents are well kept and nice and wanting to get out in the field and go to their appointments and some agents keep their promises and actually see their clients every single year. Me working for FSA, my goal was to always keep the client & agent happy. Happy client=Happy agent.

Cons

They do not care about your well being, that is a scam to get you in the door. During your interview they will promise you a raise after your 90 days and say it's a "drastic increase in pay". I was their for 6 months and not once did I receive a raise and when I asked about it, which I only asked 3 times since my 90 days and management kept pushing and pushing it back and came up with excuse after excuse about why I haven't had a raise. There is so much special privileged and favoritism going on in this facility. If you don't have your way in with someone don't expect to last very long. When I took days off for my kids school and when my kids were sick, the company said it was fine and when I came in the next day I was brought into managements office and let go just like that without a word as to why. I got nothing from a company that is supposed to be the best in this business. They only care about themselves and if you have a problem with someone you also can't go to management because they won't fit it, they will just make it worse and talk about you too! I've never been at a company that treated their employees so unfairly. Don't be good at your job and you'll have a job here!

Advice to Management

Tell the Truth.

8. "Ok"

Current Employee - Account Executive/Investment Specialist in Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Financial Services of America (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work to learn business

Cons

Need extra time to be rewarded financially

Advice to Management

Keep it real for employees, chi stop bragging on how much he makes

"Amazing work place!"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Lake Orion, MI
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Lake Orion, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic fast track training course. Amazing senior executive team. Amazing CEO.

Cons

High pressure sales quota. Extensive traveling.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You have an amzing team.

10. "Independent Financial Advisor"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Warren, MI

I worked at Financial Services of America full-time

Pros

The training was top notch, the leadership was very hands on helpful. The atmosphere in the office was very positive and supportive.

Cons

There was a ton of traveling and the only consolation was a tax write off. The commission structure was not great.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Warren, MI

Pros

Top Workplace by Detroit Press in Small businesses, Family is always First. . . Company Gatherings. . . Greatest Career for outgoing personalities

Cons

Passive personalities will not last in this industry.