FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Intelligent passionate coworkers and great work life balance" (in 18 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunities for career development and a fun environment to work with great people" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Currently reinventing itself with some growing pains" (in 24 reviews)

• "It's a rapidly growing company, so it is expected" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wanted to update my previous positive review to another positive review now that the honeymoon phase is over and being with FinancialForce over a year. Growing Pains, but the current Leadership Team is impressive and keeps me believing in what we are as a company working towards. Patches are in abundance, Quarterly Bonus a huge plus, protected accounts. There is an opportunity to make $$ with a great work life balance.

Cons

Need more internal career pathing/development. All outside hires.

Advice to Management

Transparency, Trust, and Culture

"Take the bad with the good"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty Good culture
    -Most of the time I think the company cares about their employees
    -Fun Industry
    -Decent Pay
    -Good healthcare (Free dental and vision is a huge plus)
    -Healthy work life balance
    -Decent PTO package (17 Days)

Cons

After working here about a year, from what I've seen, it seems like the best way to get promoted is to get another job offer... Otherwise they just want to keep you in the position you're good at until you leave for a better opportunity. While the pay is relatively competitive the retirement matching plans are below industry average. They only match up to 50% of your 1st 4% to 401k, so essentially 2% which is considerably low for a tech company.

-Lots of turnover and a clear preference for hiring from the outside vs promoting from within
    -Hard to tell the direction of the company.
    -Recently laid off about 10% of workforce which is nerve racking for the whole company

Advice to Management

-Promote more from within vs seeking "Big shots" from our competitors
    - Up 401k contributions, 2% is very low. I promise your employees care more about this than a $75 wellness benefit
    -Standardize benefits across all offices. It seems like a slap in the face to get 5 sick days while California gets 8.
    -Again, promote from within

FinancialForce Response

Oct 30, 2018 – SVP HR

I thought I would take a moment to respond to this posting. We do appreciate the feedback - we regularly promote internally over 10% of our workforce on an annual basis . We are committed to... More

3. "Disrupting the market"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership, super smart (and fun) co-workers, great work / life balance. The company and product vision combined with the openness of executives creates a real ability to make an impact.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature growth company has its' challenges; change is never easy. People should cease negativity and leverage the numerous internal options to provide positive recommendations for impacting a successful journey.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our people, improve processes, products and drive towards the customer for life model; we are well positioned for success.

"Sinking Ship"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Good people
    Good SF office location
    Solid leadership in place

Cons

-Not very many inbound leads
    -Sales Ops has been a mess all year
    -Unhappy customers
    -High Turnover
    -RIF without a lot of transparency
    -Hard to get references for sales opportunities

Advice to Management

Seems like the company as a whole has taken steps back in the last couple years. Also spend less on all of these different internal tools that don't work and offices like NYC that are basically vacant.

"Year 2, still loving it"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super smart co-workers, great live/work balance, openness of executives, ability to make an impact. Platform story is strong

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature company has its bumps, especially for entrenched development management in Harrogate that aren't used to a Bay Area type pace/culture. Sales Execution/Forecasting had been a weakness of two previous CROs. Many employees don't understand the true value of the platform and the opportunity/benefits for customers.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve products and drive towards profitability, we are well positioned for success. Focus on sales execution and remove those who can not sell

"No Foundation"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are somewhat competitive benefits.

Cons

High attrition rate, poor leadership, over-worked employees, minimal structure and low compensation.

Advice to Management

Prioritize your employees. Pour into training what you have instead of constantly rehiring. Build the executive team better.

"Amazing culture and work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance. Being a part of the Salesforce ecosystem, with a well known brand, prospects are very open and keen on taking meetings and having conversations. The pay is great, significantly above market average for similar type roles in Chicago. Variable compensation is very real, unlike other sales roles at companies that sell you on OTE and don't deliver. There is a marketing engine that delivers good leads consistently. The Chicago team is a close knit family, with unusually low turnover for industry and position.

Cons

There is some misalignment between marketing, sales operations, and the business development organization. There are too many restrictions on accessing certain reports and functionalities within CRM. Typical growing pains of a startup moving into a more mature phase.

Advice to Management

Don't overdue the transition to a mid-market business by putting in too many burdensome policy's and procedures within sales operations. The only way to ensure data integrity is to hold every employee accountable for their actions. That means opening up CRM privileges, rather than restricting.

"Support Analyst"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

The teams are extremely helpful to each other.

Cons

Processes are constantly changing to try to improve customer service.

Advice to Management

Try to automate things as much as possible to minimize manual work. Hire more people if your plans are to offer world class support instead of forcing people to do more and still try to close as many cases as possible.

"Place went downhill fast"

Pros

You have the opportunity to work with some really smart and driven people but that number has dwindled rapidly due to attrition. Benefits were good, they pay towards gym membership and commuting.

Cons

Where to begin? FinancialForce at one point was an awesome place to work, amazing culture, fun work, fun people, just overall a great environment to be in but things have gone downhill over the last year and a half. Products have lagged behind competition and the attrition rate is higher than any company I've ever worked. It was highly discouraging to see top performers leaving and being replaced with people that were quite frankly, incompetent.

Advice to Management

Please do a better job of listening to your employees and INVEST IN THEM. Reward good employees. Pay folks what they're worth. You shouldn't have to leave for another company just to receive a better salary. Put more investments into your products. They're falling behind the competition. And finally, do whatever is needed to stop all the attrition. You'll keep losing great employees if things don't change.

"Marketing"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Great positioning in the market and partnership with Salesforce

Cons

Currently reinventing itself with some growing pains