FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Everyone at FinancialForce is approachable and willing to help (in 8 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities for career development and a fun environment to work with great people (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Experience a few growing pains associated with any "start up" (in 23 reviews)

• Little to no brand awareness in some markets (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Literally - best place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As someone who has had their choice of 'top' employers, coming to FF was the best decision of my career.
     - If you're in sales, the ability to make tons of $$ is there. Evidenced by our quota attainment % (3 out of 5 on my team in excess of 100%). Team currently WELL over our YTD this FY. While other software companies are flooding streets with reps, FF has been very calculating in trying to have their reps earn top dollar while not sacrificing customer coverage.
     - We're crushing the competition. That's FUN to do. Where other companies or teams are scraping for wins, it's not always easy but honestly happens with relative regularity. Result of a stellar solution and excellent team to support it.
     - Leadership that cares. Too many examples to name, but there is a culture here of caring about their employees' growth, ambitions, needs almost on top of performance. Very unique in today's environment
     - Career opportunities - Look at our growth. The opportunities of advancement are unrivaled. I've been here 1.5 years and in my tenure have seen employees at various levels jump a few rungs on the ladder. This will only continue.
     - Work with "A" players. I get requests from former colleagues regularly to come on board. We'll work only with performers, but also team players that can help mentor and help others' success.
     - Teamwork - I thought I worked with ancillary teams well in other companies, but there always felt that you had to "sell" internally to get things done. Here, your forecast or team calls are primarily to get executives and other teams to help you serve your clients better vs. drill you for lack of coverage in your accounts. Gem of a culture.

At the end of the day, you want to enjoy the people you work for and be rewarded for it. I do think we're building something special here at FF. As with anything, not sure how long this will last but it's literally only getting better. Leadership is very deliberate about ensuring this continues and does not get corrupted.

Cons

This company still feels like a startup, which can be good/bad. There aren't always the most established process in place so you may have to figure it out, or ask a few people to get the answer.

May not have an office in your area, and if not, must be okay with and have the discipline to work remotely.

If you don't love what you do, be it in services, support or sales, or if you're more concerned about yourself vs. the broader team, this probably isn't the place for you.

6 months ago I'd say onboarding but it's getting much more structured and improved drastically.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, listening to customers and employees and accommodating where you can.

2. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The exec team is smart, driven and has a clear vision for the company moving forward. Compensation is great along with many perks of working for a smaller company. Been here for a couple months and LOVE IT.

Cons

Some tools are still getting figured out, but not a deal breaker

3. "Great Culture - Great Goals"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

-Great Company Culture
    -Keeping the start-up feel even as we expand
    -Lots of team-spirit and a strong global desire for the company to continue its successful journey into a larger, more mature organization
    -Improvement to the concept of Inclusion with FinancialForce4Inclusion and FinancialForce4Good
    -Competitive Pay and Benefits

Cons

-We need more diversity in management and amongst individual contributors
    -We need to spend more time and money on product improvements

"Account Executive- Mid Market"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. Very refreshing to work with such an open and collaborative team. Everyone works together and is open to new ideas/feedback. Company is stable enough to have job security, but small enough to where you can have a voice and greater impact. Earning potential is there and you are learning something new every single day. On a Sales level protected patch and a ton of upside with untapped opportunity. No big corporate America politics.

Cons

Growing Pains, but take them in stride. There are leadership changes and a vision to back it up as processes evolve. Not enough Cons to override the Pros. A lot of the negative reviews fail to take any ownership for their role/part in their success. In witnessing some of the attrition I could say it was not a FF issue, but were classic bad hires.

Advice to Management

Establish a strong Internal Career Path for different roles to extend career cycle- the war for talent is an aggressive one. Use your size as a selling point when recruiting- people leave big corporations to leave the politics and lack of controls promoting from within will continue to foster culture. Keep communicating vision and the troops will rally to help us all get there.

"Nepotism all around"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

- SF HQ's location is 50 feet away from Bart
    - Fully stocked kitchen filled with snacks and drinks
    - Some great coworkers

Cons

If you are not in the "clique", good luck getting your yearly bonus and working your way up. The entire organization was a hot mess. Internal equity on every team screamed who was a referral and who was a direct applicant.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and see who actually has the experience and deserve the recognition. Your attrition rate is high because you don't foster from within. Instead, bringing your own people to "clean house" is not the way to run a business.

6. "New vision and processes for next level of growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shaping a start up into a proper big brand, sales and marketing machine is a tremendous opportunity. We get to adopt the best practices of both the startup and big company world's. New leadership is passionate and strategically focused on driving impact. As an aside, they are constantly looking at culture and better transparency. Everything from regular all-hands meetings to office design to off-sites is being looked at to further drive new team and existing team unification under a time of tremendous change.

Cons

All new leadership always comes with benefits and minuses, meaning, not everyone is up to speed how these big company players from Microsoft and Salesforce are looking to operate operating. So there can be an adoption curve pain as the company is developing a new message, processes and market focus. These are always extremely challenging to go through but they are ultimately the drivers of biggest impact. Nevertheless, it's challenging to go through, but that's always the most satisfying work.

Advice to Management

Keep communications going,, more and more, and bring everyone along as much as possible. Management and supporting teams need to give the changes a chance take hold .New systems, processes and vision takes time to shape and implement. ^ months from now this company will have the new system running. But in the meantime, we need to give people a chance to get up to speed and implement and not leave everyone that's no familiar with the new processes behind.

7. "Everything Starts with Culture"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Positive environment
    -A culture that encourages growth
    -Fresh approach to sales
    - Healthy competition while also ensuring that no person is left behind
    -Readily available resources within organization
    -Even the "little guy" has a voice

Cons

Experience a few growing pains associated with any "start up". These are easily fixed in time.

"Not a Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Field Organization Team Member
    Former Employee - Field Organization Team Member

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The growth of the company, and the potential it has to be a great company and industry leader is something to celebrate.

Cons

As the company grows, it is leaving behind the best of what the company had to offer - its culture. This used to be a vibrant place to work, and now people are overworked, underpaid, demoralized, and being asked to solve problems on their own without support; there are SVPs that yell and curse at there own team members; there are SVPs that speak poorly of team members to other team members, even their own managers. We have team members getting offers from competitors, that are so far below FF's compensation that it is not even close. There is obviously a drive towards something bigger with all the new senior VPs coming in, and replacement of other high level positions, but the ruins that are being left behind are not pretty.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people you have in the company; look to raise them to the next level versus keep pushing them below or forcing them out. Employees are actively being recruited by competitors because they know the employee base is open for poaching.

"Very progressive and growing company"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very progressive and growing company. As the saying goes, "Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to." No company is perfect; however, I find a difference at FinancialForce. It's like a family, they care about and look after their employees. You will have a career path here.
    This review may sound like it is a point of view through rose colored glasses. Work hard and you are rewarded. A job is what you make it. If you want more, contribute more.

Cons

Every tech company has attrition. They are getting much better at making sure employees have a good work-life balance. Lots of turn over both at the management and department level. It's a rapidly growing company, so it is expected. However, it would be nice to see the company retain more employees. We lose too many good people.

Advice to Management

Work more on retaining employees. We lose too many good people. Listen more to employee suggestions.

"Chicago has it together"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chicago has a great up and coming culture. Cross functional team are pretty tight. Feels like a family.

Cons

We have aggressive goals, it is not for the faint-hearted.

Advice to Management

Scaling at the pace we're looking for while maintaining an entrepreneurial and accountable culture seems like one of the bigger challenges for any company—so far, so good.