FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Intelligent passionate coworkers and great work life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunities for career development and a fun environment to work with great people" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Currently reinventing itself with some growing pains" (in 25 reviews)

• "It's a rapidly growing company, so it is expected" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company with the right products and leadership!"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

- New executive team is the right leadership at this time
    - Focus on growth
    - Great Product Strategy

Cons

- Distributed team
    - Need to get more aggressive

2. "Amazing culture and work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance. Being a part of the Salesforce ecosystem, with a well known brand, prospects are very open and keen on taking meetings and having conversations. The pay is great, significantly above market average for similar type roles in Chicago. Variable compensation is very real, unlike other sales roles at companies that sell you on OTE and don't deliver. There is a marketing engine that delivers good leads consistently. The Chicago team is a close knit family, with unusually low turnover for industry and position.

Cons

There is some misalignment between marketing, sales operations, and the business development organization. There are too many restrictions on accessing certain reports and functionalities within CRM. Typical growing pains of a startup moving into a more mature phase.

Advice to Management

Don't overdue the transition to a mid-market business by putting in too many burdensome policy's and procedures within sales operations. The only way to ensure data integrity is to hold every employee accountable for their actions. That means opening up CRM privileges, rather than restricting.

"Marketing"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Great positioning in the market and partnership with Salesforce

Cons

Currently reinventing itself with some growing pains

"Consultant"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, ERP is up and coming

Cons

Too many Directors not directing anything or very few people, lack of diversity on executive management team

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees they know more than you do because they actually work with the applications.

"Was a good company, but nosediving pretty hard"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some nice people there. In a lot of ways the experience was a great lesson in what not to do. The CEO of the company is great, and I definitely hope he can turn things around.

Cons

If I had to sum up my experience at FinancialForce with one word, it would be Arrogance. Management seems to think that their thoughts come directly from the word of God, and any thoughtpiece that goes against what they say gets met with scorn. Even when pointing out mistakes, such as using improper industry terms in client facing materials, or basic lessons in statistics, gets countered with a mere "We paid a consultant for this, so it is right" despite the fact that they are objectively wrong. It is no surprise that the company is now failing every single sales metric that they need to not fail to be successful (new business, pipeline, retention rate).

Also, they have a culture of hiring from outside as opposed to promoting from within. It was a struggle to get any department to take me seriously for a lateral move, yet I had many top tier companies in the Bay Area considering me for an external promotion. It should be the opposite, sadly, here at FinancialForce it is not. In short, not a very good investment of your career and time.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and actually take their feedback. When spelling and grammatical errors gets ignored for years in templates, it does not make you look like a strong leader - it makes you look very weak. Also, realize that owning up to a mistake is probably the best thing you can do, as opposed to sweeping it under the rug then wonder why the company is failing to hit its number.

"Mid Market AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture that allows you, as a sales professional, to go and do as you need in order to generate business. The SE's are an awesome group that works really really hard to help you win a deal. Comp plan is very very competitive vs the rest of the market.

Cons

Way too many leadership changes. New leadership comes in with their vision and usually their "crew" from previous companies - yet their 'all in' strategies do not end up working, which leaves them without a job and AE's like myself - very frustrated. Of our 2 product lines, 1 is far weaker than the competition and it's not hard for prospects to see this, and the 2nd which used to be the best solution on the market has now been surpassed by the competition which leaves to very hard selling situations. Lastly, the reliance on Salesforce can prove to be very difficult as not many leads come from SF and you often find yourself competing with the SF AE over budget and project priority. This has ultimately left the sales core at FF without much of a pipeline and it's getting worse by the month.

Advice to Management

We have 2 products, let's make them better than anything else in the market. Let's also help the AE's with leads to chase. Each AE should have 3-5 opps going at any time, while most have 1 (if any). This is going to drive out good salespeople and leave FF in a worse position.

FinancialForce Response

May 21, 2018 – Sr Director, Global TA

As with many companies, leadership changes are required at times in order to move the business to the next level. As a company, we have taken an intentional and thoughtful approach to building out a... More

7. "GREAT COMPANY!!!"

Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Culture, Compensation, Benefits, PTO, and Transparency. They also have unbelievable products that you can believe in!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on making this a great place to work!! The culture makes it fun every day!

"Awesome culture and people!"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intelligent passionate coworkers and great work life balance. Culture is very important.

Cons

Still start up feel where a lot of people work late from home but obviously not a requirement.

"Great Culture - Great Goals"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

-Great Company Culture
    -Keeping the start-up feel even as we expand
    -Lots of team-spirit and a strong global desire for the company to continue its successful journey into a larger, more mature organization
    -Improvement to the concept of Inclusion with FinancialForce4Inclusion and FinancialForce4Good
    -Competitive Pay and Benefits

Cons

-We need more diversity in management and amongst individual contributors
    -We need to spend more time and money on product improvements

10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The exec team is smart, driven and has a clear vision for the company moving forward. Compensation is great along with many perks of working for a smaller company. Been here for a couple months and LOVE IT.

Cons

Some tools are still getting figured out, but not a deal breaker