FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)" (in 19 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunities for career development and a fun environment to work with great people" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Currently reinventing itself with some growing pains" (in 25 reviews)

• "It's a rapidly growing company, so it is expected" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wanted to update my previous positive review to another positive review now that the honeymoon phase is over and being with FinancialForce over a year. Growing Pains, but the current Leadership Team is impressive and keeps me believing in what we are as a company working towards. Patches are in abundance, Quarterly Bonus a huge plus, protected accounts. There is an opportunity to make $$ with a great work life balance.

Cons

Need more internal career pathing/development. All outside hires.

Advice to Management

Transparency, Trust, and Culture

"So glad I trusted my gut.. and people I interviewed with and NOT FORMER employees!!"

Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Portland, OR

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing FAST and FUN culture... Being an ISV of Salesforce is such a HUGE benefit to have and be a part of a fast boat !! I feel like I can write my own story and either stay on my current team or do something else and be successful there too.. and stay here at Financial Force... which is rare...

Cons

The cons... some will say it does move too fast.. and that you can't slow down... but I love it. There is really no "playbook" here, you have to be a self starter, this is not a place for a wallflower or "wait and see" kind of person.. but not really a con either.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the big logo / Enterprise people you have been but keep the Start-Up feel.. it is great !! and never stop doing the new hire + onboarding process the way it is done. It is Top-Shelf and families need to know they are covered from day 1... that way they can focus on the job.. so cool !!

3. "A great place to work with inspiring management"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Remote, OR

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people
    The customers
    Flexibility
    Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)
    Motivated management who strive to stand by their values

Cons

Sometimes you have to work to fit in with the US hours, but the company recognises that fact and gives flexibility
    If you work remotely you dont get to enjoy the free snacks (probably good for the waistline)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I think you are doing a great job. Its not easy when the Management Team are 8 hours time difference away, but you are approachable and open to ideas and recommendations.

"Unfortunate turn, but there’s still hope"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There’s still a very strong market opportunity, if the product and culture become the focus again.

Cons

This used to be a vibrant workplace with a strong sense of purpose. Growth was strong and steady for a long time. It was a place where people enjoyed working together, were passionate about the mission, and stayed a long time. Sadly, the past 1-2 years, goals were set too aggressively, those targets started getting missed, and it turned into a cutthroat blame culture. Much money has been squandered on fancy external hires instead of core product development and people development. The amazing people who built this into a $100m company have largely been pushed out or left, and there’s now a revolving door of people who seem to be joining in hopes of a quick flip on their stock options.

Advice to Management

Take your noses out of your spreadsheets and build real relationships with your people. Build up hard-working, passionate, loyal people—instead of tearing them down and throwing them out. Solve the basic long-known product flaws.

"Take the bad with the good"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty Good culture
    -Most of the time I think the company cares about their employees
    -Fun Industry
    -Decent Pay
    -Good healthcare (Free dental and vision is a huge plus)
    -Healthy work life balance
    -Decent PTO package (17 Days)

Cons

After working here about a year, from what I've seen, it seems like the best way to get promoted is to get another job offer... Otherwise they just want to keep you in the position you're good at until you leave for a better opportunity. While the pay is relatively competitive the retirement matching plans are below industry average. They only match up to 50% of your 1st 4% to 401k, so essentially 2% which is considerably low for a tech company.

-Lots of turnover and a clear preference for hiring from the outside vs promoting from within
    -Hard to tell the direction of the company.
    -Recently laid off about 10% of workforce which is nerve racking for the whole company

Advice to Management

-Promote more from within vs seeking "Big shots" from our competitors
    - Up 401k contributions, 2% is very low. I promise your employees care more about this than a $75 wellness benefit
    -Standardize benefits across all offices. It seems like a slap in the face to get 5 sick days while California gets 8.
    -Again, promote from within

FinancialForce Response

Oct 30, 2018 – SVP HR

I thought I would take a moment to respond to this posting. We do appreciate the feedback - we regularly promote internally over 10% of our workforce on an annual basis . We are committed to... More

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Good people
    Good SF office location
    Solid leadership in place

Cons

-Not very many inbound leads
    -Sales Ops has been a mess all year
    -Unhappy customers
    -High Turnover
    -RIF without a lot of transparency
    -Hard to get references for sales opportunities

Advice to Management

Seems like the company as a whole has taken steps back in the last couple years. Also spend less on all of these different internal tools that don't work and offices like NYC that are basically vacant.

"Disrupting the market"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership, super smart (and fun) co-workers, great work / life balance. The company and product vision combined with the openness of executives creates a real ability to make an impact.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature growth company has its' challenges; change is never easy. People should cease negativity and leverage the numerous internal options to provide positive recommendations for impacting a successful journey.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our people, improve processes, products and drive towards the customer for life model; we are well positioned for success.

"Year 2, still loving it"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super smart co-workers, great live/work balance, openness of executives, ability to make an impact. Platform story is strong

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature company has its bumps, especially for entrenched development management in Harrogate that aren't used to a Bay Area type pace/culture. Sales Execution/Forecasting had been a weakness of two previous CROs. Many employees don't understand the true value of the platform and the opportunity/benefits for customers.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve products and drive towards profitability, we are well positioned for success. Focus on sales execution and remove those who can not sell

"No Foundation"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are somewhat competitive benefits.

Cons

High attrition rate, poor leadership, over-worked employees, minimal structure and low compensation.

Advice to Management

Prioritize your employees. Pour into training what you have instead of constantly rehiring. Build the executive team better.

"Support Analyst"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

The teams are extremely helpful to each other.

Cons

Processes are constantly changing to try to improve customer service.

Advice to Management

Try to automate things as much as possible to minimize manual work. Hire more people if your plans are to offer world class support instead of forcing people to do more and still try to close as many cases as possible.