FinancialForce "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

FinancialForce Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Nov 5, 2019

3.8
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President  Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen
Pros
  • "FinancialForce has new exec leadership that has the company focused on a well thought out strategy and is executing well(in 37 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains as a company as we scale to the next level(in 31 reviews)

• "FinancialForce would rather keep the position open than hire the wrong person(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great growing company with an amazing product built on the Salesforce platform"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of great talent with a bright future.

Cons

Some minor growing pains that are typical for this size company

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees

FinancialForce2019-09-27
  2. "Trending Upwards"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Product on the Salesforce platform creates truly unique advantages. New executive leadership team creating the right culture. Product team is world class.

Cons

Growing pains as a company as we scale to the next level.

FinancialForce2019-03-10
  3. "On the up!"

Current Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great Benefits - Work / Life Balance - Respectful and approachable Exec Staff and impressive Sales leaders! - Positive, fun, energy around the office

Cons

- Standard growing pains, but we seem to be taking action on overcoming recently

Advice to Management

- invest in more culture builders

FinancialForce2019-02-05

"Amazing culture and work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance. Being a part of the Salesforce ecosystem, with a well known brand, prospects are very open and keen on taking meetings and having conversations. The pay is great, significantly above market average for similar type roles in Chicago. Variable compensation is very real, unlike other sales roles at companies that sell you on OTE and don't deliver. There is a marketing engine that delivers good leads consistently. The Chicago team is a close knit family, with unusually low turnover for industry and position.

Cons

There is some misalignment between marketing, sales operations, and the business development organization. There are too many restrictions on accessing certain reports and functionalities within CRM. Typical growing pains of a startup moving into a more mature phase.

Advice to Management

Don't overdue the transition to a mid-market business by putting in too many burdensome policy's and procedures within sales operations. The only way to ensure data integrity is to hold every employee accountable for their actions. That means opening up CRM privileges, rather than restricting.

FinancialForce2018-08-16

"Marketing"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Great positioning in the market and partnership with Salesforce

Cons

Currently reinventing itself with some growing pains

FinancialForce2018-07-27
  6. "Everything Starts with Culture"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Positive environment -A culture that encourages growth -Fresh approach to sales - Healthy competition while also ensuring that no person is left behind -Readily available resources within organization -Even the "little guy" has a voice

Cons

Experience a few growing pains associated with any "start up". These are easily fixed in time.

FinancialForce2017-09-25
  7. "Account Executive"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

FinancialForce has the best overall corporate environment! The participation and collaboration all the way from the CEO down to the individual contributors is awesome. Overall everyone has a positive attitude about the company, their roles, and their compensation. The executive team has been careful not to overgrow the company by headcount, and they have been very successful in hiring the right personalities for the positions that do get filled.

Cons

It is a rapid growth company, and with that always comes some growing pains. Decisions on executive team changes can be challenging when the outgoing executives have been so well liked. It is the nature of company growth to shift executive alignment, so be aware of this element of the company if you are not comfortable with those types of changes.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communications open and transparent. The executive changes have already yielded results that are helping the company in getting to the next stage - keeping everyone informed and engaged will continue to be a key component of employee success, satisfaction, and retention.

FinancialForce2017-03-31

"Glad to be on a winning team!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

- not micromanaged - solid perks and benefits - realistic leadership vision is still a challenge we can rise to - positioned to win in major markets - you won't get here "too late" to make an impact

Cons

Growing pains are a given when you're building a rocketship. From what I've seen, a lot of the former fires are being put out, not with bandaids but with culture changing fixes. Keep this up! - as a lot of the salesforce is remote, encourage collaboration to keep us close.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower managers to coach and run alongside their reps to win deals. Tool the salesforce with resources to effectively nurture relationships post-sale. A little reassurance goes a long way

FinancialForce2017-03-02

"Hot Market - Explosive Growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Supportive Leadership - Great Culture - Rapid Growth - Amazing People - Good Comp - Opportunity to Grow Honestly, I cannot say enough good things about my experience thus far as a FinancialForce employee. We are still small enough that you can have a relationship with Executive Leadership and I have every confidence that this company will continue to do amazing things for countless years to come. I truly feel like I am a part of a family here, that I am valued as an individual and that my voice matters. To be able to help shape the direction of this company through constant collaboration with leadership is exactly what I was looking for and nearly every expectation I had when I decided to join FF has been met or exceeded. This company values hard working, team players and will take care of dedicated talent. If you are looking for a company that will reward you for performance, where you can stand out and make a mark, this is the place for you!

Cons

No company experiencing this type of rapid growth is devoid of challenges. We are having our share of growing pains as we move out of the start-up phase but it is how leadership handles these challenges that make or break an employee's experience. Overall, as we run across issues, management is always quick to accept feedback and make corrections and investments where necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep doing great things! I know that it can be difficult to keep communications current when we are moving at such a fast pace and Chicago is a bit of an island, but keeping our team(s) apprised over here in the Midwest is so important and should continue to be a focus in 2017.

FinancialForce2017-01-18

"Account Executive"

Account Executive

I have been working at FinancialForce

Pros

Great people, sense of team. Virtual employees have quick access to resources and information.

Cons

Hyper growth causes challenges from sales, support and product development aspects. Typical growing pains i.e. additional management layers and processes added can slow business cycle.

Advice to Management

Provide more autonomy to lower level management to create flatter organization once again.

FinancialForce2016-06-09