KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

FinancialForce

Engaged Employer

FinancialForce

Add a Review

FinancialForce Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 18, 2020

Found 25 of over 303 reviews

4.2
FinancialForce CEO Scott Brown
Scott Brown
Pros
  • "FinancialForce is as close as it gets(in 39 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains as a company as we scale to the next level(in 32 reviews)

• "Salesforce limitations as Apex isn't the best language to work with(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great management

Aug 20, 2020 - Support Analyst in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing, good benefits, a healthy work-life balance is strongly encouraged, lots of opportunity for growth personally and professionally

Cons

Workload can get overwhelming at times

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place that cares about employees

Dec 18, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Focus on Diversity & Inclusion Culture of giving back Good work/life balance

Cons

Managers are not all trained in keeping employees engaged

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work with inspiring management

Nov 30, 2018 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people The customers Flexibility Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families) Motivated management who strive to stand by their values

Cons

Sometimes you have to work to fit in with the US hours, but the company recognises that fact and gives flexibility If you work remotely you dont get to enjoy the free snacks (probably good for the waistline)

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

I wake up wanting to go to work.

Dec 9, 2015 -  in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My company proves to me every day that it values work-life balance, ethics, and transparency. Perhaps not unique in the tech industry - but certainly unlike other corporate environments - I sit in a cube amongst my managers and c-level executives. On my first day, I shook hands with our CEO. I feel valued and empowered to voice my opinions, not only on my work but on business strategy, product development, marketing initiatives, and corporate culture. In my short time at FinancialForce, I have had the opportunity to learn and grow and make positive impacts on the company, and I have felt acknowledged and appreciated for my work. Even though we are growing at rapidly, I feel seen, heard, and valued. I see that management truly believes in our company mission and, as a result, I see my colleagues following suit - believing in our strategies, our products, and our global team. We celebrate our customers, not merely our prospects. Aside from the culture at FinancialForce, I LOVE what I do because it provides me such an opportunity for growth and learning. ERP is a challenging space, and as I see it, my learning will never outpace the growth of the general knowledge bank in this space; to me, this is a major positive. I am surrounded by other like-minded people who value learning and the opportunity to invest time and energy in learning in order to better themselves and the organization.

Cons

We have gained some employee benefits since I have on-boarded, but we have also lost some perks, and probably due to the cost of growing the company so quickly.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President, Employee Success

Thank you for providing your feedback. We take all feedback to confirm we are doing the right things and improve on our amazing culture. It is great to hear how happy you are at FinancialForce. We always strive to create "raving fans". On perks, we haven't really taken any away, but rather offered a range of variety. You may see changes in what is offered periodical,y by way of snacks and beverages, as we rotate the array of healthy (and less than healthy) offerings to all of our employees. Recently we added Philz coffee to our offering, which has been very well received. We are also in the process of remodeling one of our floors in San Francisco which will include an expanded kitchen/lounge to our offering on that floor.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A positive environment for independent and experienced contributors; A great management team that values balance

Dec 19, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Companies like FinancialForce.com is hard to find. I've been in the industry for 15 years now and can say that it's been tough to find a place that values talent, contributions, innovation, collaboration and work/life balance the way FinancialForce does. It comes from the top down and it is truly embraced across teams. Another thing I love is that it's a fairly flat organization. Sure, there are titles, but everyone is working side by side, and even when there is a problem like IT problems, the CEO has no problems stepping in to help resolve the IT issues if he knows how! I've not been here long yet but immediately, you can tell that the company hires smart people and everyone is easy to get along with, and drama-free. Location is ideal for East Bay residents like me...it's right off the Montgomery Station, literally 10 steps from the escalator entrance. This is a very stable and aggressively growing start-up that values you as well as your contributions. It's been one of the best career decisions for me. Oh, and LOVE the kitchen too! Lots of goodies!

Cons

Not really anything negative but as any new companies, there are procedures that need to be built as we keep growing. For what it's worth, the management welcomes employees feedback to build such procedures.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Disrupting the market

Oct 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership, super smart (and fun) co-workers, great work / life balance. The company and product vision combined with the openness of executives creates a real ability to make an impact.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature growth company has its' challenges; change is never easy. People should cease negativity and leverage the numerous internal options to provide positive recommendations for impacting a successful journey.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

On the up!

Feb 4, 2019 - Administrative in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Benefits - Work / Life Balance - Respectful and approachable Exec Staff and impressive Sales leaders! - Positive, fun, energy around the office

Cons

- Standard growing pains, but we seem to be taking action on overcoming recently

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Not for everone.

Jul 22, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/life balance. - Fun people - Career growth opportunities - Free snacks and swag

Cons

- Lots of gossip - Can feel like you're in a frat that you didn't sign up for. There are way too many friends of friends getting hired without the necessary experience. This contributes to cliques and makes newer people feel outed. - Constant push to go on Glassdoor and pressure from coworkers to buy into AMAZING atmosphere makes it feel like propaganda - Growing pains: no policies for certain things I won't go into detail about which affected my ability to be successful. - Some turnover becoming more common as I left. - Some people like working in high wall cubicles. It's hard to work in an environment that makes you feel like you're in a can of sardines - especially when doing calls out. Collaboration is great, but so is privacy and the ability to concentrate with people talking 24/7. - Company needs to be more diverse and show commitment to it. Haven't seen a commitment to that, just hiring of more friends who are from similar backgrounds as their friends. - 401K is kind of a joke considering how much revenue this company has - Product not as good as they say. - Salary below market averages for some positions.

22 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. As we look to continuously improve on the overall employee experience, we will take this into account. We do pride ourselves on quality employee referrals. Assuming you were working the San Francisco office, we have now expanded due to the hyper growth and employees have plenty of space now to spread out.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing culture and work life balance

Aug 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance. Being a part of the Salesforce ecosystem, with a well known brand, prospects are very open and keen on taking meetings and having conversations. The pay is great, significantly above market average for similar type roles in Chicago. Variable compensation is very real, unlike other sales roles at companies that sell you on OTE and don't deliver. There is a marketing engine that delivers good leads consistently. The Chicago team is a close knit family, with unusually low turnover for industry and position.

Cons

There is some misalignment between marketing, sales operations, and the business development organization. There are too many restrictions on accessing certain reports and functionalities within CRM. Typical growing pains of a startup moving into a more mature phase.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, processes need improvement

Feb 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is full of great people from the top down. The mantra to do great things as one team is embraced by most - people are willing to jump in and help wherever they can. Compensation is reasonable, work/life balance is very good. It does feel like there are career opportunities once you get on board.

Cons

Some of the processes are archaic and maddening. Some people have been hired and are supposed to help with some of the worst of them, but unfortunately their actual contribution has been to make things worse. There is a lot to juggle and when nit-picky time-consuming processes require multiple revisions and assists from colleagues, it takes up several hours of a person's life and is more than a little painful to push through.

13 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President, Employee Success

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate all feedback and use it all to improve. You'll be happy to know we are working on many of the areas you've identified in your feedback. You should see some changes happening in the coming months, but I would love for you to contact us and provide us with further details on some of your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews