FinancialForce "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

FinancialForce Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 19, 2019

3.8
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President  Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen
Pros
  • "FinancialForce has new exec leadership that has the company focused on a well thought out strategy and is executing well(in 37 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains as a company as we scale to the next level(in 31 reviews)

• "FinancialForce would rather keep the position open than hire the wrong person(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great place to work with inspiring management"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Remote, OR

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people The customers Flexibility Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families) Motivated management who strive to stand by their values

Cons

Sometimes you have to work to fit in with the US hours, but the company recognises that fact and gives flexibility If you work remotely you dont get to enjoy the free snacks (probably good for the waistline)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I think you are doing a great job. Its not easy when the Management Team are 8 hours time difference away, but you are approachable and open to ideas and recommendations.

FinancialForce2018-11-30

"Company needs to regain its footing"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PSA and FMS products are solid. Recent refocus on correct market for each product is a good path forward There are some really great people working here. Reasonable work/life balance. Good benefits.

Cons

Attrition is really high. A lot of critical knowledge is leaving the company, and there is not enough being done to try to get good people to stay. It is hard to get things done when you don't know who is going to be the next to leave. There are some good people in management. Unfortunately there are a lot of middle managers without the skill set to manage effectively. There are managers in my former team that spread gossip and would tell me negative things about other employees. Left me wondering what they are saying about me. Also several of them take any negative feedback about the company or processes very personally. Makes it feel impossible to give feedback about anything unless it's "This is the greatest!"

Advice to Management

Management training would go a long way to improve things. You need to focus on attrition and find ways to make people want to stay. This is an opportunity to rebuild a strong team. Take advantage of this opportunity by not making the same mistakes.

FinancialForce2019-10-18
  3. "On the up!"

Current Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great Benefits - Work / Life Balance - Respectful and approachable Exec Staff and impressive Sales leaders! - Positive, fun, energy around the office

Cons

- Standard growing pains, but we seem to be taking action on overcoming recently

Advice to Management

- invest in more culture builders

FinancialForce2019-02-05

"Take the bad with the good"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty Good culture -Most of the time I think the company cares about their employees -Fun Industry -Decent Pay -Good healthcare (Free dental and vision is a huge plus) -Healthy work life balance -Decent PTO package (17 Days)

Cons

After working here about a year, from what I've seen, it seems like the best way to get promoted is to get another job offer... Otherwise they just want to keep you in the position you're good at until you leave for a better opportunity. While the pay is relatively competitive the retirement matching plans are below industry average. They only match up to 50% of your 1st 4% to 401k, so essentially 2% which is considerably low for a tech company. -Lots of turnover and a clear preference for hiring from the outside vs promoting from within -Hard to tell the direction of the company. -Recently laid off about 10% of workforce which is nerve racking for the whole company

Advice to Management

-Promote more from within vs seeking "Big shots" from our competitors - Up 401k contributions, 2% is very low. I promise your employees care more about this than a $75 wellness benefit -Standardize benefits across all offices. It seems like a slap in the face to get 5 sick days while California gets 8. -Again, promote from within

FinancialForce2018-10-30

"Disrupting the market"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong leadership, super smart (and fun) co-workers, great work / life balance. The company and product vision combined with the openness of executives creates a real ability to make an impact.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature growth company has its' challenges; change is never easy. People should cease negativity and leverage the numerous internal options to provide positive recommendations for impacting a successful journey.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our people, improve processes, products and drive towards the customer for life model; we are well positioned for success.

FinancialForce2018-10-16

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

I wanted to update my previous positive review to another positive review now that the honeymoon phase is over and being with FinancialForce over a year. Growing Pains, but the current Leadership Team is impressive and keeps me believing in what we are as a company working towards. Patches are in abundance, Quarterly Bonus a huge plus, protected accounts. There is an opportunity to make $$ with a great work life balance.

Cons

Need more internal career pathing/development. All outside hires.

Advice to Management

Transparency, Trust, and Culture

FinancialForce2018-09-12

"Amazing culture and work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance. Being a part of the Salesforce ecosystem, with a well known brand, prospects are very open and keen on taking meetings and having conversations. The pay is great, significantly above market average for similar type roles in Chicago. Variable compensation is very real, unlike other sales roles at companies that sell you on OTE and don't deliver. There is a marketing engine that delivers good leads consistently. The Chicago team is a close knit family, with unusually low turnover for industry and position.

Cons

There is some misalignment between marketing, sales operations, and the business development organization. There are too many restrictions on accessing certain reports and functionalities within CRM. Typical growing pains of a startup moving into a more mature phase.

Advice to Management

Don't overdue the transition to a mid-market business by putting in too many burdensome policy's and procedures within sales operations. The only way to ensure data integrity is to hold every employee accountable for their actions. That means opening up CRM privileges, rather than restricting.

FinancialForce2018-08-16

"Awesome culture and people!"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intelligent passionate coworkers and great work life balance. Culture is very important.

Cons

Still start up feel where a lot of people work late from home but obviously not a requirement.

FinancialForce2018-03-13

"JAFA - Just another Force application"

Former Employee - ERP Savant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

No accountability to deliver returns for investors. Awesome work life balance - almost no work.

Cons

No competitive advantage in the market - applications poorly built on a non database platform and it a runs slow. Poor product integration and inter-operability - four products that happen to be on the same platform does not a suite make Poor mans Netsuite. Emperors new clothes management paradigm.

Advice to Management

get in, get wet, get out.

FinancialForce2016-06-15

"Great people, processes need improvement"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is full of great people from the top down. The mantra to do great things as one team is embraced by most - people are willing to jump in and help wherever they can. Compensation is reasonable, work/life balance is very good. It does feel like there are career opportunities once you get on board.

Cons

Some of the processes are archaic and maddening. Some people have been hired and are supposed to help with some of the worst of them, but unfortunately their actual contribution has been to make things worse. There is a lot to juggle and when nit-picky time-consuming processes require multiple revisions and assists from colleagues, it takes up several hours of a person's life and is more than a little painful to push through.

Advice to Management

Please please please keep rolling out improvements. And hire people who will actually do work, not make work worse. Also, the time off situation for US employees is uninspiring, and the 401(k) match needs a big boost to encourage people to save more.

FinancialForce2016-02-18