Findlay Toyota Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Parts Delivery"

Former Employee - Parts Driver in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Parts Driver in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Findlay Toyota full-time

Pros

The co-workers are the best to work with. They have an open door policy and contests every month for all their employees. Parts Service and Sales are in perfect harmony with each other.

Cons

Some of the Customers treat the drivers as if they are morons. You cn't judge a book by it's cover but at lest I didn't need to speak out. I didn't have to. I would provide professionl customer service s much as I could.

Advice to Management

Train drivers to look up parts.

2. "ok to work for"

Former Employee - Lube Technician in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Lube Technician in Henderson, NV

I worked at Findlay Toyota full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair managers that would buy lunch when the shop was busy, but they didnt want you to leave for lunch so you could get more work done.

Cons

They became money hungry. Work the techs hard and as fast as they can getting as many cars serviced in a day that they can. If you were not producing fast and making them as much money as you could for them, they let you go. Doing the job right the fist time was their motto, but having enough time to do it right was a factor also. the managers wanted a bigger bonus every year.
    At times people worked on 2-3 cars at one time and you didnt get recognition unless you work flagging more that 120 hours, but difficult to do when your not getting bigger ticket jobs.
    I wasnt allowed to leave early for classes outside of work, so I was always late. Other employees were allowed if they were going to UNLV.

3. "Service Technician"

Current Employee - Certified Technician in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Certified Technician in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Findlay Toyota (More than a year)

Pros

get 2 service bays if they see you are capable, #1 Toyota dealer in the Denver region, ample space, some of the smartest mechanics I know.

Cons

We are just a number, some complain about long hours but its what flat rate is all about.

Advice to Management

Treat your employee like people and not robots

4. "great people and great product"

Former Employee - BDC in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - BDC in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Findlay Toyota full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

awesome work environment good staff

Cons

work every holiday, every weekend

5. "Horrible Service Department management"

Current Employee - Many Different Titles
    Current Employee - Many Different Titles

I have been working at Findlay Toyota part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job, and in this economy that counts for something I guess

Cons

Despicable work ethics. Mgmt's #1 goal is to replace long time, dedicated employees with low paid, entry level "green peas" as they call them. Easy to teach their rhetoric and propaganda to. Employees are encouraged and brow beaten into recommending and upselling repairs that are in many, many cases unneccessary to customers in the guise of "preventative maintenance" Most times these rec's are solely based off a made up (no actual Toyota literature proving the validity)mileage interval. The Service advisors are trained (read brainwashed)into pushing these sales onto customers or face dire consequences.

The technicians are treated the same or worse. Failure to recommend such service will result in write ups which ultimately lead to termination. Customers are being duped worse by mgmt allowing uncertified technicians repair vehicles in order to further push profits upward. For example repairs such as brake jobs, water pumps, power steering gear assy's, differentials, axle bearings and even transmission replacements are being done by techs with 3,4, maybe 18 mos experience...at an oil change level..not a factory trained certified technician level. Equivalent of a receptionist at the doctors office doing your procedure and not the doctor. But of course you'll still pay the same amount. Wages and salaries are constantly manipulated by mgmt in order to pad profits. Schedules are rotated and work areas are changed with such frequency that it's impossible to settle into a routine and perform your day to day duties without wondering if you'll be moving your tools or days off from one day to the next.

Advice to Management

Top management, meaning General Manager and above needs to truthfully and realistically evaluate his recent sercive mgmt change. Look closely at the damage this is doing to the dealerships reputation. See how many valuable, skilled and dedicated employees have been pushed out, fired, intimidated and just plain gotten sick of the conditions there. This place has traded profits for people over the last 10 mos and sadly once the profits die down, there will be no more good people..either working there or shopping there.

6. "Nice clean place to work"

Current Employee - Car Salesman
    Current Employee - Car Salesman

Pros

Nice bosses, a clean work environment

Cons

Way too many hours to work

Advice to Management

Nothing to improve, managers did a good job with customers and taking care of employees