Cover image for Fingerpaint Group

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Authentically people-first culture

Oct 20, 2022 - Art Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first workplace that I have actually... missed? If my career brings me back here, I would join in a heartbeat. The people-first policy is really ingrained in the culture here. People here work hard but they log off at the end of the day. I love the flexible PTO policy. You're not only allowed, but encouraged, to take your PTO and plenty of it. The sick time is also separate from PTO, which is wonderful. IT is super helpful and friendly. As long as you take reasonably good care of your equipment, they will provide you with quality equipment (hello, M1 laptop!)

Cons

The process of integrating all the agencies Fingerpaint has bought is kind of rocky. The individual agencies don't have the same culture as the larger Fingerpaint Group. The positive FP influence is definitely felt, but they're not all as great as the main FP agencies. The pay is not as high here as some agencies. They know they have a great culture, so people are willing to accept a little lower salary in exchange.

3 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed working with the team and our people first culture. We do our best to ensure that our employees live a balanced life, and we encourage employees to take time away whenever they need it through our Flexible PTO policy. As we continue to grow and integrate organizations, we continue to learn and find ways to imbed our people first culture throughout Fingerpaint Group. We value all feedback and constantly look for ways to improve. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Immature, unhealthy culture and bad work - dressed up as 'people-first'

Nov 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like brazen nepotism, vapid virtue signaling, and a middle school ambiance that favors tenure / popularity over quality work for clients, this place is for you!

Cons

What kind of 'people-first' company pays people on different days every month? Management team spend all their time in 'leadership meetings' yet shy away from addressing any issues. They neglect their responsibility to mentor teams and give direction as they're too busy throwing people under the bus to save their own jobs. Account leads are allowed to continue 'leading' businesses in a shockingly low caliber way, for months and years on end. Zero client pushback.

3. Join the Fingerpaint Group team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People Place

Oct 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Benefits - $0 medical insurance plans available, educational loan payment, lots of other benefits available Great leadership - They really do put people first in my experience Good culture and company mission

Cons

Lack of employee diversity Some turnover recently Not enough manager training

1 person found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We are happy to hear that you appreciate our commitment to employees. Our greatest strength always has been and always will be our talented people. As a People First company, we are committed to embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do, to create an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their full selves to work. We recently developed a Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DI&B) team to focus solely on driving these efforts across our company and ensure we continue to make progress in this critical area. Additionally, our Learning and Development team has continued to roll out several initiatives focused on employee growth, including a learning library, manager training, external learning program, and more. The learning and development of our Fingerpainters is very important to us, we will continue to expand and strengthen our programs. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share so that we can better improve our agency, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not "people first"

Nov 7, 2022 - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A number of excellent teams and people who care

Cons

Not People First. They recently let people go without looking into who was important to the business. This left us without key people and worried about our jobs. This is not the company it was when Ed Mitzen started it.

7 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. We’re sorry it’s not the experience we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have. We appreciate the work of our entire team and their commitment to our future. We hold our people-first culture, rooted in empathy, at the core of all we do and will continue to do so as Fingerpaint moves forward. If there is any other feedback you would like to share, we encourage you to reach out to the People and Culture team at peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

6. 5.0

Oct 14, 2022 - Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good policies, good people, good pay, unparalleled benefits

Cons

Sometimes have to work beyond normal hours but I think that's common for an agency.

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Fingerpaint. We are happy to hear you enjoy the benefits and perks that we provide to our employees. Our talented people are and always will be our greatest strength. If you have any other feedback you’d like to share, please reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Oct 18, 2022 - Associate Creative Director in Conshohocken, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint has really great people

Cons

They need to focus on paying people more

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Fingerpaint. We value all feedback and constantly look for ways to improve our agency. As we continue to grow, we will continue to listen to our people. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Some great people but a lot of issues.

Sep 11, 2022 - Account Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people. Challenging work. Decent benefits

Cons

Profit over people. Be prepared to work long hours, be understaffed. Figure out who the influencers are. They will be your success. Don’t be on the outskirts of the cool club or you are done.

5 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Fingerpaint. As a People First company, our commitment to employees is always top of mind. Our people & culture team is always hard at work to ensure teams are properly supported. While hours may sometimes vary, Fingerpaint does everything it can to ensure that the workload is spread as evenly as possible, and teams are supported. We value all feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our agency and listen to our people. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

9. 2.0

Burn Out Central

Oct 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits and the people

Cons

No client pushback at all from leadership, they just want you to push out a high volume of work that is perfection. No support from leadership. Be prepared to work 10-12 hour days for months straight. Lack of culture.

3 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We are always striving to proactively bring our employees the best tools and resources to help manage well-being. We encourage employees to participate in our reset and reconnect program, which provides employees with tools to address common challenges like managing stress and overwhelm and increasing energy and well-being. We also do our best to ensure that our employees live a balanced life, and hope that our benefits provide comfort when long hours are required. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

10. 4.0

A good place to be

Mar 31, 2022 - MarTech
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work on the MarTech side and have nothing but positive feelings towards Fingerpaint. I really enjoy my teammates and management, it's a great group of really smart and fun folks. The workload can be heavy at times but nothing unmanageable. I can't speak for all departments but I've not been expected to work more than a 40-hour workweek and I've been fully supported with my PTO requests. It's important for everyone to set their own boundaries with any employer to maintain a work/life balance, if you do that, then you're fine. Pros: Supportive management and team members great healthcare benefits good 401k match flex PTO open to feedback CEO - my review says I don't approve which isn't accurate but I'm unable to edit.

Cons

still a bit disorganized as we grow but it's improving working in pharma not extremely challenging need better planning by PMs

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience with Fingerpaint! We are so glad to hear you enjoy the benefits and perks that we provide to our employees. We do our best to ensure that our employees live a balanced life, and we encourage employees to take time away whenever they need it. As we continue growing, we will continue to learn. We take this feedback seriously and look forward to continuing to improve our benefits, perks, and other offerings based on feedback like this. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share so that we can better our agency, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee

RUN

Nov 1, 2022 - Finance Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

-paid time off, benefits, salary

Cons

Awful management, NO ROOM TO GROW

6 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. We’re sorry it’s not the experience we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have. Earlier this year, we launched our Career Framework which is the organizational blueprint for how we create an environment where our people can perform, grow, and thrive while continuing to deliver amazing work for our clients. The framework creates clarity and transparency around career path opportunities and empowers our people to drive their career. The growth of our employees is a top priority. If there is any other feedback you would like to share, we encourage you to reach out to the People and Culture team at peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Reviews
</>Embed

Fingerpaint Group Reviews FAQs

Fingerpaint Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 131 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Fingerpaint Group to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fingerpaint Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fingerpaint Group. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

65% of Fingerpaint Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fingerpaint Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fingerpaint Group to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Fingerpaint Group Job Seekers