KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fingerpaint Group

Engaged Employer

Fingerpaint Group

Add a Review

Fingerpaint Group Employee Reviews about "fingerpaint"

Updated Oct 5, 2021

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and the no title culture is a plus.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Great culture, well(in 12 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 7 reviews)
  • "Leadership cares and everyone is motivated/driven, yet knows how to have fun(in 5 reviews)
  • "Ed and his team truly care about their employees and continue to amaze me with generosity and support.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "leadership is also non(in 6 reviews)
  • "There is absolutely no work life balance and they are not planning on improving that anytime soon.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Poor management.(in 5 reviews)
  • "They get you in the door with the 'unlimited PTO' but you never actually get to take any time off.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fingerpaint"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Five star intern program

Aug 13, 2018 - Copywriting Intern in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the most positive internship experience to date at Fingerpaint. The company's culture is unlike any other––philanthropy is heavily valued, people work hard to produce inspirational work while having fun simultaneously, and you can bring your dog to work. There were five interns, and we had a blast together in the ten weeks we were at Fingerpaint. I credit Bo Goliber, intern coordinator, for hiring us with our strengths and personalities in mind. We worked collaboratively on a summer-long intern project where we produced three print marketing brochures for a local non-profit. It was great having a real-life client and wrapping up the summer with something we were all really proud of. Also, it's a PAID internship program, because the company values interns and their work.

Cons

Access to mentors/supervisor was challenging at points because they were so busy. Over all, they were very helpful and responsive.

Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for reviewing your internship experience with Fingerpaint! We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us and found the intern project beneficial (we think Bo is a rockstar, too). We totally hear you about access to supervisors, and will take this feedback, in addition to the feedback provided in the internship surveys we sent out, into consideration when planning for next year. Thanks again!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

An amazing place

Jul 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Fingerpaint almost since the beginning. It has grown incredibly without compromising it's value of putting its people first. Free healthcare. Sabbaticals. Use of a ski condo. The benefits are amazing here. But the best thing about Fingerpaint is the talented group of super nice people I get to work with everyday.

Cons

The hours can be long at times, but comp time is given once things settle down.

Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for reviewing your time with Fingerpaint! We appreciate your dedication to the company, it is feedback like this that helps us maintain our culture and improve where possible. Thanks again!

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

No work life balance

Mar 12, 2021 - Analyst in La Jolla, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint offers perks: bonuses, student loan payment, 401k matching, cell phone reimbursement

Cons

Poor management, little assistance offered

3 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our selection of benefits and people-first culture. Our leadership team strives to keep Fingerpaint’s values at the center of every decision they make, but we’re sorry to hear that other aspects of your experience are not as we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have, and if there is further feedback you would like to share so that we can better improve, please email the Fingerpaint People & Culture team at: People&Culture@fingerpaint.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Plenty of Opportunities to Learn

Jul 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'd be surprised if a single employee at Fingerpaint has any complaints with the benefits package as it currently stands. Student loan tuition reimbursement, free medical premiums, paid sabbaticals and more. Fingerpaint TRULY listens to the feedback it receives from employees, and puts their suggestions into practice. Complaints from employees have been remedied before my very eyes in my time here. It's amazing to see an employer that will invest so much in its people. The people I'm talking about, by the way, are awesome. A vast majority care about bettering the agency in any way they can.

Cons

The people here also earn that investment. Advertising is a grueling industry, and sometimes a bad day cannot be made completely better by dogs in the office or a beer keg in the kitchen. They definitely help though.

Corporate Communications

Thank you for giving us some feedback on your time with Fingerpaint so far. We're happy to hear that you recognize the steps we have taken to provide an even better employee experience, and that you enjoy your coworkers. We recognize that our work environment can be fast-paced and deadline-driven, and believe that our forthcoming expanded career paths will provide the clarity that some are seeking. Thanks again!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I love it here :)

Jul 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

People: The people I work with are amazing. They are smart, incredibly dedicated, and genuinely interested in doing great work. Independence: I love that we are independently owned - there's freedom to make good decisions and to improve what we do and how we do it. Things: Fingerpaint is great at giving me what I need to do my job well. Equipment, software, support.

Cons

Advertising can be a tough gig - there are late nights, too many snacks, difficult clients, ridiculous deadlines and unrealistic expectations. It can be very stressful.

Corporate Communications

First and foremost, thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint! Please know that we are listening to employees, especially through forums like this, so your feedback is truly beneficial. Thanks again!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

CEO Like No Other

Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ed Mizten is a CEO like no other. The importance that he places on his people is like nothing I have seen before. There is no barrier here between leadership and employees at Fingerpaint. Ed and his team truly care about their employees and continue to amaze me with generosity and support.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons when you work at a company that values you as a person.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with Fingerpaint! Our greatest asset always has been and always will be our amazing and talented people. When Ed opened the doors of Fingerpaint he held strong to maintaining a people-first culture and even as we have continued to grow, that culture is still present across the country. Thank you for all that you do as a Fingerpainter, and if you have any additional feedback you would like to share, please contact us at people&culture@fingerpaint.com.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Aug 11, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Fingerpaint are talented and care about each other. The CEO is generous and invests in making it a rewarding culture.

Cons

There is a lot of growth taking place that can make for staffing challenges but that should be short term as there are significant hiring pushes taking place.

2 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Fingerpaint! We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying working with the team and our culture here at Fingerpaint. As Fingerpaint continues to grow, we do everything we can to ensure that work is resourced as efficiently as possible among teams. Our Talent Acquisition team is continually working hard to find great talent. We know that some of our best hires come recommended by our current employees! Feel free to pass along referrals to our Talent Acquisition team at RecruitingTeamFP@fingerpaint.com. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share so that we can better improve our agency, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dedicated community of untitled worker bees who never leave the hive.

Aug 1, 2013 - Medical Strategy in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint boasts but few exceptionally creative people--those that carry the burden for this aggressive start-up. Green to many tried-and-true protocols long-established in any agency of more than 50 employees, FPM leans on time--they wait, and wait, and wait-- to determine applicability of ostensibly simple procedures, like routing documents. It is done by hand, by hard copy, and by sign-off--which can leave one waiting until the late hours of the evening. Overall, decidedly pleasant personalities and few egos drive the FPM spirit.

Cons

Saratoga Springs is a difficult move for a single person accustomed to life in the city, and should be a prominent disclosure before even a career with FPM. It is not, however, up for discussion, but glossed over (if not blatantly misrepresented). Most of the workforce have little to no experience in pharma, much less an agency--an interesting dilemma for self-described pharma agency.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Intern

Creative Intern

Feb 1, 2019 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint has a great company culture

Cons

None I can think of

10. 4.0
    Former Intern

A great company to learn & gain experience

Jul 13, 2020 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint has a great intern program & sets their interns up with real work and clients. The interns learn so much in their short time at the company.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say.

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your internship experience with Fingerpaint. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience working alongside other fingerpainters. If you would like to share any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our People and Culture team at people&culture@fingerpaint.com. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews