KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fingerpaint Group

Engaged Employer

Fingerpaint Group

Add a Review

Fingerpaint Group Employee Reviews about "philanthropy"

Updated Sep 30, 2020

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and the no title culture is a plus.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Great culture, well(in 12 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 7 reviews)
  • "Leadership cares and everyone is motivated/driven, yet knows how to have fun(in 5 reviews)
  • "Ed and his team truly care about their employees and continue to amaze me with generosity and support.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "leadership is also non(in 6 reviews)
  • "There is absolutely no work life balance and they are not planning on improving that anytime soon.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Poor management.(in 5 reviews)
  • "They get you in the door with the 'unlimited PTO' but you never actually get to take any time off.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "philanthropy"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Five star intern program

Aug 13, 2018 - Copywriting Intern in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the most positive internship experience to date at Fingerpaint. The company's culture is unlike any other––philanthropy is heavily valued, people work hard to produce inspirational work while having fun simultaneously, and you can bring your dog to work. There were five interns, and we had a blast together in the ten weeks we were at Fingerpaint. I credit Bo Goliber, intern coordinator, for hiring us with our strengths and personalities in mind. We worked collaboratively on a summer-long intern project where we produced three print marketing brochures for a local non-profit. It was great having a real-life client and wrapping up the summer with something we were all really proud of. Also, it's a PAID internship program, because the company values interns and their work.

Cons

Access to mentors/supervisor was challenging at points because they were so busy. Over all, they were very helpful and responsive.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for reviewing your internship experience with Fingerpaint! We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us and found the intern project beneficial (we think Bo is a rockstar, too). We totally hear you about access to supervisors, and will take this feedback, in addition to the feedback provided in the internship surveys we sent out, into consideration when planning for next year. Thanks again!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of hours, but a great team

Sep 30, 2020 - Medical Strategist in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, staff, camaraderie, philanthropy, smart and hard working employees

Cons

Poor work-life balance, pay increases and promotions came slow

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. As an industry, advertising can be particularly grueling, and we recognize that changing deadlines, deliverables, and client requests can make for long days. We can see you’re a former employee, you may not know this, but we switched to a bi-annual review cycle. Every employee receives a review once a year ensuring timely feedback and room for career growth. We appreciate your constructive feedback; please know we take all feedback seriously when evaluating how we can improve as an agency.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Uncommon Collaboration (it's real, and it's here)

Feb 2, 2016 - Creative in Madrid
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are on their game here, and you can tell by the conversations you have in meetings, in the kitchen, or at our open air work areas. The things we do, the feats we achieve, it makes everyone sort of rise to the occasion to collectively get things done. Fingerpaint has an internal dev team (in my previous agencies we used 3rd party vendors) and an internal digital strategy team which makes collaboration between departments simple, and it lets the execution of creative ideas take a more direct route. You hear a lot about uncommon collaboration when Fingerpaint is discussed in the media, it's Ed's favorite term for what we do here, and I have to say (I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid) I think it's true. Creative sits with Account, we talk, we find solutions, we figure things out. Project management sets up meetings between individual to manage all of our time and make sure we connect on projects, that's cool because it keeps me organized. The work can be challenging and plentiful, but I'd say most days I'm home by 6, so are lots of people. Also a plus, everyone understands that life happens, and when people need to take time to be with their families, everyone is accommodating. I can honestly say I've done my best creative work since joining Fingerpaint, and that's kind of all that matters. But other things I've really enjoyed include the dedication to philanthropy, the breadth of clients (pharma/device/consumer/film/entertainment), fun things like the office is dog friendly, there's always candy and soda and bagels and fruits and snacks. There's an amazing holiday party every year for all offices, we have excellent transparency with monthly and quarterly updates on what's going on in the agency, there's lunch and learn pizza parties, there's public acknowledgement of accomplishments, and I must say I like our downtown Saratoga location, it's pretty cool.

Cons

This is advertising so the problems I've found here I have found at previous agencies, I guess that's life. Cons include things like very aggressively tight deadlines, rushed jobs, overload of tasks, too many meetings to do the actual work, people needing to stay in their lanes, people steamrolling decisions, and a clear understanding among all people of the value each department brings instead of grumbling about who gets what hours, who's driving the train or who's doing to much or too little. People are people, you can't escape that. The age old account vs creative thing is mitigated here because we're all in each other's bidness, but we're also all adults who can come to terms with decisions and talk through grievances.

14 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews

Popular Careers with Fingerpaint Group Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Fingerpaint Group? Share Your Experiences

Fingerpaint Group Photos

+ Add Photo
Fingerpaint Group photo of: Never Paint By Number
Fingerpaint Group photo of: Our head of People and Culture leads a talk on diversity and inclusion at one of our Fingerpaint University sessions.
Fingerpaint Group photo of: Fingerpainters in our Cedar Knolls office participate in our Wear Red Day initiative.
Fingerpaint Group photo of: Conshy Fingerpainters learn hands-free CPR during a lunch and learn event.
Fingerpaint Group photo of: Kicking off January 2020 with a relaunch of Fingerpaint University.
Fingerpaint Group photo of: We were so honored to support our head of philanthropy, Bo Goliber in receiving a Compassion Award from The Giving Circle.
Fingerpaint Group photo of: Fingerpaint announces their partnership with Thrive Global .

Affiliated Companies