KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fingerpaint Group

Engaged Employer

Fingerpaint Group

Add a Review

Fingerpaint Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 26, 2021

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and the no title culture is a plus.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Great culture, well(in 12 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 7 reviews)
  • "Leadership cares and everyone is motivated/driven, yet knows how to have fun(in 5 reviews)
  • "Ed and his team truly care about their employees and continue to amaze me with generosity and support.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "leadership is also non(in 6 reviews)
  • "There is absolutely no work life balance and they are not planning on improving that anytime soon.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Poor management.(in 5 reviews)
  • "They get you in the door with the 'unlimited PTO' but you never actually get to take any time off.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Getting bigger and better

Oct 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great, talented, smart people *Fun, casual atmosphere *100% of insurance premiums paid *Summer Fridays *Paid sabbaticals after 5 years *Tuition reimbursement *Independently owned *Beautiful office space (in all locations) *Philanthropic efforts/an entire day dedicated to philanthropy once a year across all offices *Everyone is accessible, from the CEO down - no one is "too good" to give you their time

Cons

*It's agency life - the pace can be hectic, and it's not for everyone *Work/life balance is not always protected. There's an expectation to work remotely if it's a night, weekend or even sometimes on vacation *401K match is low - but at least it is on Fingerpaint's radar and something they're looking to improve

Be the first to find this review helpful

Corporate Communications

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate the time you took to provide this review, and are happy to hear you’re enjoying so much of our culture, benefits, and values. We also hear your more constructive feedback, and please know we take all feedback seriously when evaluating how we can improve as an agency. Thank you again for the review and for your continued dedication to Fingerpaint!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do Not Recommend

Sep 26, 2021 - People & Culture
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only positive about Fingerpaint is the healthcare.

Cons

They get you in the door with the "unlimited PTO" but you never actually get to take any time off. There is absolutely no work life balance and they are not planning on improving that anytime soon.

8 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. We’re sorry it’s not the experience we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have. We understand our industry can be a demanding one and we appreciate all the hard work our employees put in every day. We do our best to ensure that our employees live a balanced life, and hope that our benefits provide some comfort when long hours are required. The leadership team prioritizes the well-being of each of our employees and protects our culture of empathy, and we are always looking for ways to improve our agency. If there is any other feedback you would like to share, we encourage you to reach out to the People and Culture team at peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com

3. 1.0

sinking ship

Feb 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

im honestly not sure what to even put here at this point. paid out sabbaticals? so much for taking time off.

Cons

this place is a sinking ship. here are some tips to survive this place: - career opportunities: get on the dream team or die trying, only way to get any type of recognition. - comp and benefits: the conversation will go like this "we love you, you are amazing, you're the best in the world, 3% is the highest we can give you." it's a lie and we all know it. ask around, salary increases are MUCH more for people who ask for it. it's insulting and it's probably why 10 people have quit this month. - culture and values: make your own rules and stick to them, the culture has died and the value of "people first" is laughable. remember when philanthropy was a core value and then the head of philanthropy quit because things were so bad... and no one cared to comment on this...? -diversity and inclusion: give up, clearly leadership has. -senior management: suck up to them or you're on the outs. likability = raises. -work/life balance: give it up or quit, while we claim to be innovative there is absolutely no change to this, the excuse is "it's our industry." recommendation: get out. im working on it.

17 people found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. We’re sorry to hear your experience isn’t matching the intention we have for each of our employees. Fingerpaint does have a newly-formed relationship with a private equity firm, which will enable the agency to continue growing and investing in new services to best serve our people and clients. We are proud to partner with a group like Knox Lane, because they recognize and respect Fingerpaint’s award-winning people and services, and is fully invested in our future success. Culture has been and remains an important part of the Fingerpaint experience. With the virtual world we continue to live in, we are assessing how to reinvigorate that culture (i.e., the forming of the Saratoga Culture Club) so we all feel a little more connected. We remain committed to improving the diversity and inclusion of Fingerpaint, and while this is a long-term commitment, we know that diversity in all regards will only make us better. 2020 was a demanding year, and we understand and continue to appreciate how hard our employees work day in and day out. The past year has forced many to take a deep dive into their own values and life priorities. For some, that might prompt a variety of changes. Fingerpaint stands committed to putting its people first and providing personal and professional growth opportunities. But, we also understand people have choices and should they decide to move in a different direction for whatever reason, we fully support them and wish them the best.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of hours, but a great team

Sep 30, 2020 - Medical Strategist in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, staff, camaraderie, philanthropy, smart and hard working employees

Cons

Poor work-life balance, pay increases and promotions came slow

1 person found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. As an industry, advertising can be particularly grueling, and we recognize that changing deadlines, deliverables, and client requests can make for long days. We can see you’re a former employee, you may not know this, but we switched to a bi-annual review cycle. Every employee receives a review once a year ensuring timely feedback and room for career growth. We appreciate your constructive feedback; please know we take all feedback seriously when evaluating how we can improve as an agency.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

the good and the bad

Oct 1, 2020 - Creative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Good benefits and pay

Cons

Awful work/life balance. Limited growth opportunity

1 person found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with Fingerpaint. We understand the industry can be draining, and hope that the Fingerpaint culture, benefits, and work atmosphere provide some comfort when those long hours are required. Last year, we rolled out the Career Progression Guide which provides employees with a clear growth path. Seeing as you’re a currently employee, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or the People and Culture team to learn more about this. We appreciate your constructive feedback as we continue to evaluate how we can improve as an agency!

6. 4.0

Great career move!

Oct 23, 2019 - Creative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming to Fingerpaint has been a truly wonderful career move for me. The people make coming to the office each day easy. It's so awesome watching our teams come together for one end goal and provide our clients with some of the best work in the industry. I've learned so much in my few years since starting with this company because of the leaders who take time to explain the little things. I'm grateful to my team for their constant support and daily laughs. Added bonus: the amazing benefits! 100% coverage of medical premiums, assistance paying off college loans (my personal favorite), spot bonuses and office dogs.

Cons

Overall, Fingerpaint is a great place to work. Every company has their "learning curves" and Fingerpaint is always willing to learn more about different ways to improve. The Monday morning breakfasts or paid team lunches are a great but it doesn't always boil down to a free meal. Instead, I think we could focus on improving on the work/life balance - maybe it's more work from opportunities, more paid holidays, or being able to hire an extra team member here and there to take on the extra work load. Our competitors are following the trend of more time off and working from home, so why can't we?

Be the first to find this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that your career move has been a positive one and that you enjoy working on your team. We appreciate your constructive feedback as we continue to evaluate how we can improve as an agency. Thank you again for your review and continued dedication to Fingerpaint.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not all offices the same

May 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you enjoy the "family" like environment, the company does a good job of trying to create that environment. Lots of little perks to keep people in the office over the week, such as bagels for breakfast and a kitchen full of food so you don't have to run out to get lunch. Everyone gets a Mac so computer issues seem to be minimal. Most all of the FPM Team gets along which makes for a lot of laughter. It's a good place to go for about a year to gain experience through overworking you, then leave for more competitive salary and upward mobility. This office is very relaxed and not at all corporate, if that is what you're looking for this would be a good environment.

Cons

A real lack of work life balance, with working from home is frowned upon. People without kids are expected to stay late and cover work for employees with kids on nights and weekends. This created some tensions on teams. Weeks can get very long and there was no path for promotion. You have to ask for a review in order to get increases in compensation but then for some teams it was handed out without a review. A plan was in the works for compensations and promotions but that was a promise for over a year. Salary is not competitive enough for the Philadelphia area. A few toxic coworkers made the long nights and days feel longer and made meetings uncomfortable with passive aggressive behavior. A few team members are held with high regard and their own set of expectations, making it unfair and causing friction. When complaints were raised not much action was taken. Staff meetings were very uncomfortable and include personal pictures of staff (taken without consent), if you're OK with that no issues! If that's not the kind of attention you want, this may not be a place for you. No HR reps in all offices creating an imbalance of power and no checks to inappropriate behavior or jokes.

15 people found this review helpful

Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re glad you enjoyed your work environment and the perks Fingerpaint offers. Behind the scenes, we’ve been mapping out department-specific career paths for everyone at the agency, which will be rolled out in the coming months. We believe this will solve any questions regarding career progression that result from our unique, no-titles culture. As an industry, advertising can be particularly grueling, and we recognize that changing deadlines, deliverables, and client requests can make for long days. That being said, Fingerpaint does everything it can to ensure that the workload is spread as evenly as possible among teams. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

8. 1.0

They don't have a clue

Dec 11, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Handful of good people. Liquor is available.

Cons

Poor management. No leadership. Less than half the agency understands pharma. Factory worker. No individualism. Timelines are always rushed. No work/ life balance, because you have no life.

5 people found this review helpful