Fingerpaint Marketing Reviews

4.3
Fingerpaint Marketing Founder Ed Mitzen
Ed Mitzen
Cons

"Exactly what the tired Pharma agency landscape needs"

Current Employee - Digital Strategy

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other reviews will talk about 2 things: 1) FP's "people first" culture: Our culture is undoubtedly the agency's most notorious and verifiable trait. The leadership at ALL levels are fantastic, and trained to have the emotional intelligence to keep the FP ship running smoothly while keeping employees' happiness and work-life balance top of mind. Everything you hear in defense of this culture is true, and permeates every aspect of the work we do, in ways both overt and subtle. 2) "Toxic" work culture - unfortunately a few people take "people first" to mean having low standards, no accountability or never having to work long hours. That's a shame. All agencies, healthcare or not, have one thing in common: bonding while in the trenches on hard work. If you love what you do, and you're willing to work hard at it, then things like occasional long hours or direct on-the-job performance feedback are understood and appreciated. The numbers don't lie - neither of these are the "norm" at Fingerpaint. Standards are high. People work hard. We love what we do. And the word "toxic" is antithetical to the agency.

Cons

Like all agencies that are growing, there are growing pains. Most are actually opportunities, if you're willing to look for them.

July 9, 2019Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re so thankful to have employees like you on board, and are happy you appreciate the culture we’ve built at the agency and enjoy working with your teams. Should you ever have additional or constructive feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thank you again.

2. "Great company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Creative

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, a little clicky but everyone is super nice and motivated to create great work

Cons

Not good at training. Need to reinforce the importance of performance reviews for all employees and their managers

February 17, 2020People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the culture and felt that Fingerpainters were motivated to create great work. We appreciate your constructive feedback on training. Over the past year we have greatly improved our annual review process and training program in general. In order to best assist your specific issues feel free to reach out to us at people&culture@fingerpaint.com. We welcome any further details or suggestions. Thank you!

3. "Great career move!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Creative

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coming to Fingerpaint has been a truly wonderful career move for me. The people make coming to the office each day easy. It's so awesome watching our teams come together for one end goal and provide our clients with some of the best work in the industry. I've learned so much in my few years since starting with this company because of the leaders who take time to explain the little things. I'm grateful to my team for their constant support and daily laughs. Added bonus: the amazing benefits! 100% coverage of medical premiums, assistance paying off college loans (my personal favorite), spot bonuses and office dogs.

Cons

Overall, Fingerpaint is a great place to work. Every company has their "learning curves" and Fingerpaint is always willing to learn more about different ways to improve. The Monday morning breakfasts or paid team lunches are a great but it doesn't always boil down to a free meal. Instead, I think we could focus on improving on the work/life balance - maybe it's more work from opportunities, more paid holidays, or being able to hire an extra team member here and there to take on the extra work load. Our competitors are following the trend of more time off and working from home, so why can't we?

October 28, 2019Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that your career move has been a positive one and that you enjoy working on your team. We appreciate your constructive feedback as we continue to evaluate how we can improve as an agency. Thank you again for your review and continued dedication to Fingerpaint.

"This place is amazing..."

Current Employee - Project Management in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fun, energetic and HUMAN agency that really puts people first. We work our butts off and it's actually noticed and appreciated. Everyone respects each other and values your opinion. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Cons

Lack of meeting space because we're living through the build-out of our new space. There will be plenty when we move in!

July 9, 2019Corporate Communications

Thanks so much for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint. We're so happy to hear you enjoy your coworkers and the culture we've built, and thank you for your patience as we create an amazing space in New Jersey! Thank you again.

"Why not work with the best?"

Current Employee - Operations in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not only is Fingerpaint voted best Agency of the Year, but the people are what makes this company so special. There is a genuine appreciation and recognition of everyone's efforts and triumphs. The culture here is so welcoming and innovative. My interview was probably the most pleasant interaction I've had for potential employment. I can't say enough great things about this company. Oh, and not to mention its a dog friendly office!

Cons

Nothing noted at this time.

May 14, 2019Corporate Communications

Thanks so much for your review of Fingerpaint. We’re so happy you are enjoying your experience with us and appreciate the culture that has been built over the past 11 years. If you ever have any constructive feedback, we’d love to hear more at people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thanks again!

"Best professional experience I've ever had"

Current Employee - Creative in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

- Excellent management from the top down - They live into the "people first" mentality. It's not just some corporate BS mantra. It's a promise, and they live into it every single day -Everyone cares about each other. You're not just a number on a spreadsheet. -Dog friendly -Great perks--healthcare premiums completely covered that start the day you're hired, student loan reimbursement program, gym membership, summer Fridays, spot bonuses, amazing 401K match, Yankees season tickets for the office, unlimited sick days and personal time. The list goes on! - Complete transparency. No guessing about what's happening with the business. Management is completely open about everything - A brand new, custom office space is in the process of being built - A fantastic team with great talent and friendly people - Unmatched work-life balance - A department dedicated to philanthropic work and bettering the community - A leader that is just an amazing, giving person. Just Google what Ed Mitzen has done for the community

Cons

That they didn't open an NJ office sooner!

May 14, 2019Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with fingerpaint so far. We’re so happy you’re enjoying your time with us, and appreciate your benefits package, our company culture, and more. We hope that if you ever have suggestions for improvement, you’ll share them with people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thanks!

"Not all offices the same"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you enjoy the "family" like environment, the company does a good job of trying to create that environment. Lots of little perks to keep people in the office over the week, such as bagels for breakfast and a kitchen full of food so you don't have to run out to get lunch. Everyone gets a Mac so computer issues seem to be minimal. Most all of the FPM Team gets along which makes for a lot of laughter. It's a good place to go for about a year to gain experience through overworking you, then leave for more competitive salary and upward mobility. This office is very relaxed and not at all corporate, if that is what you're looking for this would be a good environment.

Cons

A real lack of work life balance, with working from home is frowned upon. People without kids are expected to stay late and cover work for employees with kids on nights and weekends. This created some tensions on teams. Weeks can get very long and there was no path for promotion. You have to ask for a review in order to get increases in compensation but then for some teams it was handed out without a review. A plan was in the works for compensations and promotions but that was a promise for over a year. Salary is not competitive enough for the Philadelphia area. A few toxic coworkers made the long nights and days feel longer and made meetings uncomfortable with passive aggressive behavior. A few team members are held with high regard and their own set of expectations, making it unfair and causing friction. When complaints were raised not much action was taken. Staff meetings were very uncomfortable and include personal pictures of staff (taken without consent), if you're OK with that no issues! If that's not the kind of attention you want, this may not be a place for you. No HR reps in all offices creating an imbalance of power and no checks to inappropriate behavior or jokes.

May 13, 2019Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re glad you enjoyed your work environment and the perks Fingerpaint offers. Behind the scenes, we’ve been mapping out department-specific career paths for everyone at the agency, which will be rolled out in the coming months. We believe this will solve any questions regarding career progression that result from our unique, no-titles culture. As an industry, advertising can be particularly grueling, and we recognize that changing deadlines, deliverables, and client requests can make for long days. That being said, Fingerpaint does everything it can to ensure that the workload is spread as evenly as possible among teams. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

"Excellent!"

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong culture, great people, decent pay, fun environment

Cons

Communication can get muddled, tight deadlines

March 25, 2019Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint! We will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to grow as an agency.

9. "Best Place to Do Great Work, Grow Professionally and Make a Real Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly a people-first agency meaning that the people of Fingerpaint - across all of the offices - care as much about my success, their client's success and their peers success as they do their own. I'm working everyday with smart, dedicated talented folks with integrity and an unrelenting commitment to do what's best for our clients while actively engaging in efforts to make the world a better place. It feels good coming to work everyday. Actually, it doesn't feel like work, it feels like home.

Cons

It's advertising. We've got clients that change their minds, change their timelines, and change their deliverables. As we continue to grow, it will be important to make sure that we've got processes in place to ensure that we can maintain the level of commitment, creativity and client service that we has differentiated Fingerpaint.

March 25, 2019Corporate Communications

Thanks so much for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us, and that you appreciate our commitment to employees and clients alike. We understand and will continue to evaluate every aspect of the agency to ensure the best possible experience for all as we continue to grow. Thanks again!

10. "They have potential"

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing

Pros

Overall great work environment. Without a doubt one of the best groups you could work with. Reasonable work hours. Onboarding is done really well.

Cons

Leadership isn’t present/leading enough. Management team needs management and time management training. Rare to keep top talent across the board because of the limited type of client work, office locations, and management teams lack of ability to develop individual skills as well as cohesive teams and interdepartmental teams/team processes. So much time wasted doing things wrong. But the potential is there. Small company grew super fast. They say they value employees the most but when they can’t figure out how to manage you/your role, or don’t make the time to, you’re on your own and can be quite easily dropped.

February 25, 2019Corporate Communications

Thank you for leaving review on your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re happy to hear you enjoy the work environment and teammates. As we continue to grow, we also continue to evaluate areas where we can improve. Our management team is always exploring ways to improve process and the overall work experience for all employees to strengthen our teams so everyone can be better prepared to carry out the responsibilities expected of them. If you have specific feedback on how we can improve, please connect with your supervisor or the head of your office- the detail will be welcomed. Thanks again.

Found 50 reviews