Fingerpaint Marketing Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2021

3.4
Fingerpaint Marketing Founder Ed Mitzen
Ed Mitzen
Pros
  • "Genuine commitment to philanthropy(in 8 reviews)

• "Great leadership and great people(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor work-life balance, pay increases and promotions came slow(in 6 reviews)

• "Like all agencies that are growing, there are growing pains(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Apr 25, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome and dedicated co-workers, evolving process, smart and challenging work, good culture and benefits

Cons

Busy - a lot of work coming through fast, growth means lots of new faces, not easy to onboard working remotely

2. 1.0

sinking ship

Feb 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

im honestly not sure what to even put here at this point. paid out sabbaticals? so much for taking time off.

Cons

this place is a sinking ship. here are some tips to survive this place: - career opportunities: get on the dream team or die trying, only way to get any type of recognition. - comp and benefits: the conversation will go like this "we love you, you are amazing, you're the best in the world, 3% is the highest we can give you." it's a lie and we all know it. ask around, salary increases are MUCH more for people who ask for it. it's insulting and it's probably why 10 people have quit this month. - culture and values: make your own rules and stick to them, the culture has died and the value of "people first" is laughable. remember when philanthropy was a core value and then the head of philanthropy quit because things were so bad... and no one cared to comment on this...? -diversity and inclusion: give up, clearly leadership has. -senior management: suck up to them or you're on the outs. likability = raises. -work/life balance: give it up or quit, while we claim to be innovative there is absolutely no change to this, the excuse is "it's our industry." recommendation: get out. im working on it.

13 people found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. We’re sorry to hear your experience isn’t matching the intention we have for each of our employees. Fingerpaint does have a newly-formed relationship with a private equity firm, which will enable the agency to continue growing and investing in new services to best serve our people and clients. We are proud to partner with a group like Knox Lane, because they recognize and respect Fingerpaint’s award-winning people and services, and is fully invested in our future success. Culture has been and remains an important part of the Fingerpaint experience. With the virtual world we continue to live in, we are assessing how to reinvigorate that culture (i.e., the forming of the Saratoga Culture Club) so we all feel a little more connected. We remain committed to improving the diversity and inclusion of Fingerpaint, and while this is a long-term commitment, we know that diversity in all regards will only make us better. 2020 was a demanding year, and we understand and continue to appreciate how hard our employees work day in and day out. The past year has forced many to take a deep dive into their own values and life priorities. For some, that might prompt a variety of changes. Fingerpaint stands committed to putting its people first and providing personal and professional growth opportunities. But, we also understand people have choices and should they decide to move in a different direction for whatever reason, we fully support them and wish them the best.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

FP Review

Mar 25, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

- culture - employee benefits - opportunity for growth - not micromanaged

Cons

- workload - work hours - some teams are spread too thin

Marketing

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We are so happy that you enjoy the people-first culture and benefits that we provide to our employees. It is something that we have always held strong to as we have continued to grow. We know that our business can be one that is busy and appreciate everyone’s hard work. We do our best to ensure our teams are properly supported so we can mitigate this as much as possible. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share so that we can better improve our agency, please share it with people&culture@fingerpaint.com.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 16, 2021 - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO, great colleagues, positive, people-focused culture

Cons

You must enter at least 5 words for Cons.

Marketing

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We take pride in our people-first culture and we are so glad that you enjoy it as well. If you ever have any constructive feedback, we’d love to hear more at people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thanks again!

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Solid company to work for

Feb 16, 2021 - Public Relations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot about the world of marketing Good company culture Great learning opportunities

Cons

Hard to grow internally Felt that there weren’t as many opportunities to advance into higher roles

Fingerpaint Marketing Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint! We’re happy to know that you were able to learn a lot about the industry. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our people-first culture here at Fingerpaint. The growth and development of our Fingerpainters is very important to us. Last year, we rolled out the Career Progression Guide which provides employees with a clear growth path. In addition to encouraging ongoing dialogue between employees and supervisors, each Fingerpainter receives a review once a year ensuring timely feedback and time for reflection, direction, and mapping a path to the next level. If you have additional insights or feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com. Thank you again!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place

Feb 12, 2021 - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really fantastic work culture and management

Cons

The work was highly specialized

Fingerpaint Marketing Response

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our people-first culture here at Fingerpaint. As a health and wellness marketing agency, we have the privilege of working with a variety of companies–from advanced therapeutic to health monitoring devices–who are at various stages in the lifecycle of their product or project. If you have additional insights or feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Was happy there

Feb 11, 2021 - Group Creative Director in Saratoga Springs, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazingly great people, supportive group

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

Fingerpaint Marketing Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re so happy you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed working with the team. If you ever have any constructive feedback, we’d love to hear more at people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thanks again!

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Dollars First, Not People

Nov 12, 2020 - Project Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

- 100% paid healthcare w/ multiple plan options - Above average 401k plan for agencies, starts immediately, vested quickly - One of the best CEO/founders out there, would thumbs up approve him several times if I could - Regular gifts/goodies, especially during quarantine - Financially stable throughout quarantine - Supervisors good at being available to subordinates most of the time

Cons

- Way too many overly complicated processes - Tenured employees not held accountable - Lack of clarity on chain of command within departments - People and culture lead unprofessional and rude - Shady billing practices

7 people found this review helpful

Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint! We’re glad you appreciated our comprehensive benefits package and some of the perks Fingerpaint offers to share its appreciation for employees. We know and recognize that 2020 has been an extremely busy year, and we appreciate the hard work of all of our employees. We put in place processes to ensure efficiencies, quality, a positive client experience. Our finance department and client teams take pride in the accuracy of the work they do and are committed to working with transparency and accuracy on behalf of each and every one of our clients. If you have additional insights or feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to emitzen@fingerpaint.com. Thank you again, and we wish you all the best.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t believe what you’ve heard

Feb 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

So-called employee benefits like healthcare, sabbaticals

Cons

Lack of senior leadership, unclear future, disorganized core foundation

5 people found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry it’s not the experience we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have. Ensuring each and every employee can see a clear path ahead individually, and as a company, is very important to us. We aspire to be a powerhouse health and wellness agency that is highly respected and one that our employees can be proud of. We hold our people-first culture, rooted in empathy, at the core of all we do and will continue to do so as Fingerpaint moves forward. We also take our team very seriously, and we are deliberate about the new talent we add. Our vision for the future is one of continued growth, which we will achieve through the evolution of solutions for our clients and opportunities for our Fingerpainters. We appreciate the work of our entire team today and the commitment to our future. We know sometimes it can be difficult to be in the midst of an organization that is growing quickly and adding new services. We are aiming to lead from a place of evolution and with a growth mindset, which ultimately will lead to a better experience for clients and employees alike. We’d welcome the opportunity to hear more from you. We invite you to get involved in our path forward – to let us hear your voice and gain your input and ideas. Please reach out to your manager or email people&culture@fingerpaint.com with thoughts and suggestions!

10. 2.0

No work life balance

Mar 12, 2021 - Analyst in La Jolla, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint offers perks: bonuses, student loan payment, 401k matching, cell phone reimbursement

Cons

Poor management, little assistance offered

1 person found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Marketing Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our selection of benefits and people-first culture. Our leadership team strives to keep Fingerpaint’s values at the center of every decision they make, but we’re sorry to hear that other aspects of your experience are not as we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have, and if there is further feedback you would like to share so that we can better improve, please email the Fingerpaint People & Culture team at: People&Culture@fingerpaint.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews