Fingerpaint Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a different kind of advertising agency. They actually practice what they preach and try and do things to keep their employees happy and engaged. Sabbaticals for everyone after 5 years, paid healthcare, flexible work environment. Generally nice people who are looking to do good work.

Cons

All the things that you would expect from Advertising. It can be a grind sometimes and client demands are what they are. If you are looking for an easy job with regular hours, you should think about a different career.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to protect the culture. It's what makes the place special

May 29, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us what we're doing well, and where we can improve. As we grow, we recognize that preserving our... More

2. "I love it here :)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People: The people I work with are amazing. They are smart, incredibly dedicated, and genuinely interested in doing great work.
    Independence: I love that we are independently owned - there's freedom to make good decisions and to improve what we do and how we do it.
    Things: Fingerpaint is great at giving me what I need to do my job well. Equipment, software, support.

Cons

Advertising can be a tough gig - there are late nights, too many snacks, difficult clients, ridiculous deadlines and unrealistic expectations. It can be very stressful.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen the people who work here, even as the company grows. They really care about Fingerpaint, and want it to be great.

3. "An amazing place"

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Fingerpaint almost since the beginning. It has grown incredibly without compromising it's value of putting its people first. Free healthcare. Sabbaticals. Use of a ski condo. The benefits are amazing here. But the best thing about Fingerpaint is the talented group of super nice people I get to work with everyday.

Cons

The hours can be long at times, but comp time is given once things settle down.

Advice to Management

Make sure to stay true to our values as we continue to grow.

Jul 5, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for reviewing your time with Fingerpaint! We appreciate your dedication to the company, it is feedback like this that helps us maintain our culture and improve where possible... More

"Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

There are some truly great people here, and most of the people who work here are friendly and happy to help and look out for one another.

Benefits are outstanding, and the office space is excellent.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are a few bad apples who are threatening to spoil the batch. While most people here are "Good People," there are a handful of toxic employees, many of whom have managed to protect themselves from any form of reprimanding or repercussions.

There's a lack of processes that can also be frustrating.

The combination of these two points may be why so many people have been giving their notices lately...

Advice to Management

Really listen. Too often, management only hears directly from those in supervisor positions, who gloss over some of the nastier aspects of what's going on (bullying and fear-based leading). Hiring more ground-level workers instead of just piling on more leadership hires would probably be helpful, too.

Jul 12, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your time with Fingerpaint. All feedback is appreciated, both positive and constructive. We are pleased to hear you’re enjoying your coworkers and benefits package. We strive... More

5. "What You Make of It"

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people (most of ‘em!), the employee benefits post-2016, the independence from a holding company and associated benefits that come along with that.

If you are a strong swimmer, you could go far. You’re the master of your own destiny if you have a manager who is a true leader. There are a few of those.

Cons

Inconsistency in recognition of key employees. The great ones sometimes go unnoticed or get noticed once it’s too late.

It seems we hire tons of people from the same 2 agencies. Need to diversify.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent in the “why” behind certain directions of the agency. In meetings that involve the whole company, a lot of focus is spent on areas of the business that are not otherwise present the remaining 364 days per year. This hurts the morale of those who work tirelessly on brands that keep the agency afloat.

There are a lot of white guys in leadership roles, in a female-dominated company. I know this can be typical of our industry, but dare to be different.

Jul 6, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. We’re glad to hear you enjoy so much of what makes us unique in our field. We also appreciate your more constructive... More

6. "People First, For Real"

Current Employee - Public Relations in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fingerpaint says it puts its people first, and then it actually does. And, that's kind of unheard of. Fingerpaint walks its talk in all the right ways, providing valuable flexibility for its employees when they need it most. The environment is pretty priceless.

Cons

I'm not sure I can think of any.

Jun 19, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Wow, we're blushing! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint. Although all feedback is welcome and appreciated, we love your positive outlook and are happy to... More

7. "Great Employee-Centered Company"

Current Employee - Production Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits Package
    Great Coworkers
    Forward Thinking and Innovative Attitude
    Dog-Friendly Office
    Growing Company

Cons

Sometimes expected to bring work home with you

Jun 14, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint! We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. If there are any ways you feel we can further improve work/life balance at... More

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Services in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Account Services in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

Open, honest, collaborative and inspired...we work hard and do great work. I appreciate my coworkers, the culture and the company.

Cons

We're growing so fast and we are always looking for more great people to join the fray. And the fun.

May 14, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint! We appreciate all feedback, both constructive and complimentary, and we're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience.... More

9. "Love that Fingerpaint"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, collaboration, giving back to the community, support, working in downtown Saratoga Springs, dogs

Cons

Hours, time, normal advertising cons

May 2, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint! It is feedback like this that helps us evaluate what we're doing well and where we can improve moving forward. We're glad to... More

"The good, the bad, the ugly"

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

THE GOOD: This place is filled with great co-workers who are hard working, smart, and fun. Our work is getting better in every office. The workload is usually intense but it's worth it in the end. It's advertising so you have to expect there will be long nights/weeks with client driven deadlines. If you're new to advertising this could be rough, if you've been in it for awhile it's nothing new (actually probably easier hours than your last agency). 100% paid medical, summer fridays, 401k was just increased, unlimited sick and personal time, 5-year sabbatical, and a ton of other stuff mentioned in other reviews.

Cons

THE BAD: No titles is great but causes a lot of confusion when it comes to a long term career path. It seems to depend on who your manager is on whether or not this is clear to you. There is internal debate on whether or not to add titles. People don’t really care about the titles. They care about their future, there needs to be a clear plan on where to go in order to feel like you're working towards something in your career.

THE UGLY: Most of the leadership team is completely disconnected from the rest of the staff. This became most apparent at our 10 year anniversary celebration and became a topic of conversation amongst each other. Everyone wants change but we don't know how to make it happen. Some managers are great, others are terrible (micro manage, fear based leadership, talking down to, etc). Your experience here will be good if you have a good manager.

Advice to Management

Training for leadership and managers.

As stated above some managers and some members of leadership are great, others are terrible. Please provide training to everyone so that they how to: effectively communicate with their employees/team, lead by example, and treat others like they would want to be treated. Also, create an outlet where we can talk to someone about these issues confidentiality.

All in all this place is good. But it could be great with effective leadership/managers in every position.

May 9, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint, we appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. We’re glad you enjoy your co-workers and the benefits package that Fingerpaint... More