Fingerpaint Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Unicorn of an agency!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No big agency red tape. Access to CEO who is approachable and engaged. Great team collaboration. Sincere co workers. Fully paid healthcare. Robust additional employee perks (bring dog to work, birthday off, dedicated philanthropy efforts, paid sabbatical). You can move forward in your career here if you take initiative.

Cons

Can't think of any real cons!

Advice to Management

Keep the start up feeling and continue getting things done and being progressive!

Jan 24, 2018 – People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your input, and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here.

2. "Great company to work."

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Great people and the no title culture is a plus.

Cons

A little more flexibility on working from home.

Advice to Management

More flexibility on working from home.

3. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

A supportive environment where everyone seems like they care about each other, from senior management down to the interns. Fun, collaborative, and a great learning experience.

Cons

I can't think of any.

4. "Not who they claim to be"

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

Free healthcare and unlimited PTO (note: does not include vacation). Occasional happy hours and small events in the office. Annual company-wide party where company pays for travel expenses for all out of state employees.

Cons

Don't be fooled by Fingerpaint's philosophies and core values listed on the website. “Uncommon collaboration” means meetings all day. Overall, a dull, outdated place to work, filled with recent graduates and former pharma employees who don't have a clue what it's like to work at a real advertising agency. Most employees eat lunch at their desks even if they don't have that much work to do. Timesheets are micromanaged even if you worked 60 hours the week before. Coworkers and managers talk down to you. Horrible 401K. Unlimited PTO without vacation is very telling of the corporate culture. Many employees are completely miserable and do nothing about it.

Advice to Management

Don't pretend to be something you're not. Reduce the amount of processes in place and go back to your roots. Agencies are supposed to be fun.

Oct 10, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint. We appreciate constructive criticism to help us maintain our culture. At Fingerpaint, we value diversity in our employees’ experience. While... More

5. "Creative"

Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing co workers, fun enviroment, good opportunities.

Cons

Far commute, a lot of employees

Advice to Management

keep up the hard work

"Mean Girls"

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few great people to collaborate with, free chocolate and caffeine to get you through the day, good location.

Cons

Micro-management, harassment, fear-based, lack of leadership, lack of clients.

Advice to Management

Empower employees. Offer autonomy. Provide leadership classes.

Mar 8, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and provide your feedback on Fingerpaint. We’re sorry to hear your experience didn’t match the intention we have for each of our employees. As an... More

"Account Services Intern"

Pros

Great culture, well-rounded internship experience

Cons

I didn't have any negative experiences!

"Uncommon Collaboration (it's real, and it's here)"

Current Employee - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY

Pros

People are on their game here, and you can tell by the conversations you have in meetings, in the kitchen, or at our open air work areas. The things we do, the feats we achieve, it makes everyone sort of rise to the occasion to collectively get things done. Fingerpaint has an internal dev team (in my previous agencies we used 3rd party vendors) and an internal digital strategy team which makes collaboration between departments simple, and it lets the execution of creative ideas take a more direct route.

You hear a lot about uncommon collaboration when Fingerpaint is discussed in the media, it's Ed's favorite term for what we do here, and I have to say (I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid) I think it's true. Creative sits with Account, we talk, we find solutions, we figure things out. Project management sets up meetings between individual to manage all of our time and make sure we connect on projects, that's cool because it keeps me organized. The work can be challenging and plentiful, but I'd say most days I'm home by 6, so are lots of people. Also a plus, everyone understands that life happens, and when people need to take time to be with their families, everyone is accommodating.

I can honestly say I've done my best creative work since joining Fingerpaint, and that's kind of all that matters. But other things I've really enjoyed include the dedication to philanthropy, the breadth of clients (pharma/device/consumer/film/entertainment), fun things like the office is dog friendly, there's always candy and soda and bagels and fruits and snacks. There's an amazing holiday party every year for all offices, we have excellent transparency with monthly and quarterly updates on what's going on in the agency, there's lunch and learn pizza parties, there's public acknowledgement of accomplishments, and I must say I like our downtown Saratoga location, it's pretty cool.

Cons

This is advertising so the problems I've found here I have found at previous agencies, I guess that's life. Cons include things like very aggressively tight deadlines, rushed jobs, overload of tasks, too many meetings to do the actual work, people needing to stay in their lanes, people steamrolling decisions, and a clear understanding among all people of the value each department brings instead of grumbling about who gets what hours, who's driving the train or who's doing to much or too little. People are people, you can't escape that. The age old account vs creative thing is mitigated here because we're all in each other's bidness, but we're also all adults who can come to terms with decisions and talk through grievances.

9. "Great Company, Great Employees"

Current Employee - Public Realtinos
    Current Employee - Public Realtinos

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely creative, encouraging environment. Management is approachable and always supportive and helpful. The company is growing fast so it's a blast getting to be able to grow with it. Great perks of being an employee and awesome clients!

Cons

Not the best internal communication between FP offices.

"Growing agency"

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great work environment
    -Recognized for the work that you do
    -Bright future, company is growing
    -Usually out by 5pm

Cons

-Some confusion in regards to certain processes. I'm chalking it up to growing pains.
    -No titles
    -Some of the clients are fledgling companies

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what makes this company great as it grows.