Fingerpaint Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

A supportive environment where everyone seems like they care about each other, from senior management down to the interns. Fun, collaborative, and a great learning experience.

Cons

I can't think of any.

2. "Not who they claim to be"

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

Free healthcare and unlimited PTO (note: does not include vacation). Occasional happy hours and small events in the office. Annual company-wide party where company pays for travel expenses for all out of state employees.

Cons

Don't be fooled by Fingerpaint's philosophies and core values listed on the website. “Uncommon collaboration” means meetings all day. Overall, a dull, outdated place to work, filled with recent graduates and former pharma employees who don't have a clue what it's like to work at a real advertising agency. Most employees eat lunch at their desks even if they don't have that much work to do. Timesheets are micromanaged even if you worked 60 hours the week before. Coworkers and managers talk down to you. Horrible 401K. Unlimited PTO without vacation is very telling of the corporate culture. Many employees are completely miserable and do nothing about it.

Advice to Management

Don't pretend to be something you're not. Reduce the amount of processes in place and go back to your roots. Agencies are supposed to be fun.

Oct 10, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint. We appreciate constructive criticism to help us maintain our culture. At Fingerpaint, we value diversity in our employees’ experience. While... More

3. "Creative"

Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing co workers, fun enviroment, good opportunities.

Cons

Far commute, a lot of employees

Advice to Management

keep up the hard work

"Mean Girls"

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few great people to collaborate with, free chocolate and caffeine to get you through the day, good location.

Cons

Micro-management, harassment, fear-based, lack of leadership, lack of clients.

Advice to Management

Empower employees. Offer autonomy. Provide leadership classes.

Mar 8, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and provide your feedback on Fingerpaint. We’re sorry to hear your experience didn’t match the intention we have for each of our employees. As an... More

"Account Services Intern"

Pros

Great culture, well-rounded internship experience

Cons

I didn't have any negative experiences!

"Uncommon Collaboration (it's real, and it's here)"

Current Employee - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY

Pros

People are on their game here, and you can tell by the conversations you have in meetings, in the kitchen, or at our open air work areas. The things we do, the feats we achieve, it makes everyone sort of rise to the occasion to collectively get things done. Fingerpaint has an internal dev team (in my previous agencies we used 3rd party vendors) and an internal digital strategy team which makes collaboration between departments simple, and it lets the execution of creative ideas take a more direct route.

You hear a lot about uncommon collaboration when Fingerpaint is discussed in the media, it's Ed's favorite term for what we do here, and I have to say (I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid) I think it's true. Creative sits with Account, we talk, we find solutions, we figure things out. Project management sets up meetings between individual to manage all of our time and make sure we connect on projects, that's cool because it keeps me organized. The work can be challenging and plentiful, but I'd say most days I'm home by 6, so are lots of people. Also a plus, everyone understands that life happens, and when people need to take time to be with their families, everyone is accommodating.

I can honestly say I've done my best creative work since joining Fingerpaint, and that's kind of all that matters. But other things I've really enjoyed include the dedication to philanthropy, the breadth of clients (pharma/device/consumer/film/entertainment), fun things like the office is dog friendly, there's always candy and soda and bagels and fruits and snacks. There's an amazing holiday party every year for all offices, we have excellent transparency with monthly and quarterly updates on what's going on in the agency, there's lunch and learn pizza parties, there's public acknowledgement of accomplishments, and I must say I like our downtown Saratoga location, it's pretty cool.

Cons

This is advertising so the problems I've found here I have found at previous agencies, I guess that's life. Cons include things like very aggressively tight deadlines, rushed jobs, overload of tasks, too many meetings to do the actual work, people needing to stay in their lanes, people steamrolling decisions, and a clear understanding among all people of the value each department brings instead of grumbling about who gets what hours, who's driving the train or who's doing to much or too little. People are people, you can't escape that. The age old account vs creative thing is mitigated here because we're all in each other's bidness, but we're also all adults who can come to terms with decisions and talk through grievances.

7. "Great Company, Great Employees"

Current Employee - Public Realtinos
    Current Employee - Public Realtinos

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely creative, encouraging environment. Management is approachable and always supportive and helpful. The company is growing fast so it's a blast getting to be able to grow with it. Great perks of being an employee and awesome clients!

Cons

Not the best internal communication between FP offices.

"Growing agency"

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great work environment
    -Recognized for the work that you do
    -Bright future, company is growing
    -Usually out by 5pm

Cons

-Some confusion in regards to certain processes. I'm chalking it up to growing pains.
    -No titles
    -Some of the clients are fledgling companies

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what makes this company great as it grows.

"Very unpleasant experience"

I worked at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time

Pros

Good central location, handful of people actually take their jobs seriously. There is always food and drinks in the building.

Cons

Most unorganized company ever. They keep blaming it on "growing pains" but every process is outdated and unorganized. Company has way too much money to spend on unnecessary things, but is not used for anything useful. No work like balance. People stay till midnight or longer trying to finish up last minute project deadlines, slack off thru it all. No one gets a title, they are very proud of it, but it is terrible! You never know who does what in the company. To get one thing accomplished you have to basically go thru 15 different people. Lots of internal drama between employees, nothing taken seriously, lots of money being spent, and it never gets tracked, finance staff cant keep track of any expenses, terrible benefits. CEO is a great guy, but has no idea all these things are going on, its all hush-hush and does not reach to him. There is no company handbook or policies, they just pull out policies out of no where and tell new employees, no written proof. They get your hopes up high during the interview process and suck you into accepting the job, after you start working, the job description is totally opposite of what was promised. Always running out of conference room space, no privacy, most of the conference areas are "curtained" areas and everyone hears what you are talking inside, everyone fights over the one large conference room that actually has walls and a door. and the list can keep going... Before working here, I would think not twice, but thrice. Other AD agencies have more of a professional/organized work environment than this place.

Advice to Management

Maybe attend some management training, learn how to handle work load and not just sit around and slack off. Stop blowing all the money on useless things and actually invest in the business.

Feb 12, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I apologize that your experience at Fingerpaint did not match our intention, as we are committed to creating a collaborative, productive and... More

"Opportunities for Career Growth"

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Fingerpaint, employees come first. Dedication and hard work rarely go unrecognized or unrewarded. The people are inspiring and most everyone has a positive outlook, which allows creativity to thrive. Because the company is still young, in most positions you have endless growth opportunity - a very entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a start-up company entering its adulthood.