KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fingerpaint Group

Engaged Employer

Fingerpaint Group

Add a Review

Fingerpaint Group Employee Reviews about "fingerpaint"

Updated Oct 5, 2021

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fingerpaint"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic growing company with genuine people

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

As someone who has worked across a lot of different agencies, I can confidently say Fingerpaint feels different. People feel genuinely excited to be here, and Ed and the leadership team seem to really strive to do the right thing for employees. The company offers great perks like fully paid healthcare and sabbaticals, and overall the culture is great.

Cons

As with any company going through change, sometimes there are growing pains where we need to learn to do certain things differently than before. That being said, I feel everyone has been up to the challenge and I'm excited for the future here.

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint! We’re happy to know that you are enjoying our people-first culture that we embrace here at Fingerpaint. Both our people and culture are something that we have remained to hold strong to as we continue to grow. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share so that we can better improve our agency, please feel free to reach out to people&culture@fingerpaint.com.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Incredible Place to Work

Sep 28, 2021 - Integrated Production in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture of Fingerpaint. From helping employees pay of student loan debt, to taking on pro bono work for various charities and philanthropies, Fingerpaint has continually proven to me that they do truly put people first. I never feel like I am just a cog in the machine. I'm relatively new to Fingerpaint, but already feel like I have made great connections with the people I've been working and have learned a lot from them despite working remotely. The Work. I have working with a lot of different brands/products which has been great experience for me because I am relatively new to the industry.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint! We are happy to hear that you appreciate our commitment to employees and clients alike. We’re also happy to know that you are enjoying our people-first culture. Our Fingerpainters are the best in the business, and we are always grateful for their incredible work. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share so that we can better improve our agency, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do Not Recommend

Sep 26, 2021 - People & Culture
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only positive about Fingerpaint is the healthcare.

Cons

They get you in the door with the "unlimited PTO" but you never actually get to take any time off. There is absolutely no work life balance and they are not planning on improving that anytime soon.

8 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. We’re sorry it’s not the experience we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have. We understand our industry can be a demanding one and we appreciate all the hard work our employees put in every day. We do our best to ensure that our employees live a balanced life, and hope that our benefits provide some comfort when long hours are required. The leadership team prioritizes the well-being of each of our employees and protects our culture of empathy, and we are always looking for ways to improve our agency. If there is any other feedback you would like to share, we encourage you to reach out to the People and Culture team at peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Aug 11, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Fingerpaint are talented and care about each other. The CEO is generous and invests in making it a rewarding culture.

Cons

There is a lot of growth taking place that can make for staffing challenges but that should be short term as there are significant hiring pushes taking place.

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Fingerpaint! We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying working with the team and our culture here at Fingerpaint. As Fingerpaint continues to grow, we do everything we can to ensure that work is resourced as efficiently as possible among teams. Our Talent Acquisition team is continually working hard to find great talent. We know that some of our best hires come recommended by our current employees! Feel free to pass along referrals to our Talent Acquisition team at RecruitingTeamFP@fingerpaint.com. If there is any other feedback that you would like to share so that we can better improve our agency, please feel free to reach out to peopleandculture@fingerpaint.com.

5. 5.0

CEO Like No Other

Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ed Mizten is a CEO like no other. The importance that he places on his people is like nothing I have seen before. There is no barrier here between leadership and employees at Fingerpaint. Ed and his team truly care about their employees and continue to amaze me with generosity and support.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons when you work at a company that values you as a person.

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with Fingerpaint! Our greatest asset always has been and always will be our amazing and talented people. When Ed opened the doors of Fingerpaint he held strong to maintaining a people-first culture and even as we have continued to grow, that culture is still present across the country. Thank you for all that you do as a Fingerpainter, and if you have any additional feedback you would like to share, please contact us at people&culture@fingerpaint.com.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good at times but bad the majority of the time

Jul 15, 2021 - Digital Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits, the people, the fun times outside of the office

Cons

The company sure does make you really feel loved but the way they show it is just a façade. On the inside the days are very long and stressful. No real happy medium because it’s all or nothing in terms of the expectations. Hit the road looking for a new job if you’re only putting in 120% because that’s not going to cut it for leadership at this great Fingerpaint. If you think you can change this place well you’re very wrong, and don’t go in hoping it will be any different than the other agencies you’ve worked at because it’s far from a people first organization. I left feeling like I’ve been robbed of my life and not compensated for the hard work and effort I put forth to support the corporate bottom line and the unrealistic client expectations.

7 people found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. We’re sorry to hear your experience isn’t matching the intention we have for each of our employees. We know that our industry can be a demanding one, and we do our best to be sure that our employees live a healthy, balanced life that is full of opportunities for professional and personal growth. Ed and the leadership team prioritize the well-being of each of our employees, and we are always looking to improve our agency and we do take your feedback seriously. If there is any other feedback you would like to share we encourage you to reach out to the People and Culture team at people&culture@fingerpaint.com.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lives up to their people-first claim

Jun 10, 2021 - Creative in Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was honestly a bit skeptical coming into Fingerpaint. I've worked at a lot of agencies, and I guess I've gotten a little jaded. But the people-first culture here is real. Great benefits, INCREDIBLE perks, and a strong culture make it a pretty fun (yeah I said it) place to work.

Cons

I work in the NJ shop, which is a newer Fingerpaint office. We're still figuring some stuff out...but honestly, I dig the start-up, all-in-it-together vibe.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with Fingerpaint! We’re happy to know that you are enjoying our people-first culture and the benefits /perks that we provide to our employees here at Fingerpaint. We take pride in our culture and we are so glad that you enjoy it as well. If you ever have any constructive feedback, we’d love to hear more at people&culture@fingerpaint.com. Thanks again!

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

No work life balance

Mar 12, 2021 - Analyst in La Jolla, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint offers perks: bonuses, student loan payment, 401k matching, cell phone reimbursement

Cons

Poor management, little assistance offered

3 people found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our selection of benefits and people-first culture. Our leadership team strives to keep Fingerpaint’s values at the center of every decision they make, but we’re sorry to hear that other aspects of your experience are not as we intend for each of our Fingerpainters to have, and if there is further feedback you would like to share so that we can better improve, please email the Fingerpaint People & Culture team at: People&Culture@fingerpaint.com.

9. 4.0
    Former Intern

A great company to learn & gain experience

Jul 13, 2020 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fingerpaint has a great intern program & sets their interns up with real work and clients. The interns learn so much in their short time at the company.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review your internship experience with Fingerpaint. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience working alongside other fingerpainters. If you would like to share any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our People and Culture team at people&culture@fingerpaint.com. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great career move!

Oct 23, 2019 - Creative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming to Fingerpaint has been a truly wonderful career move for me. The people make coming to the office each day easy. It's so awesome watching our teams come together for one end goal and provide our clients with some of the best work in the industry. I've learned so much in my few years since starting with this company because of the leaders who take time to explain the little things. I'm grateful to my team for their constant support and daily laughs. Added bonus: the amazing benefits! 100% coverage of medical premiums, assistance paying off college loans (my personal favorite), spot bonuses and office dogs.

Cons

Overall, Fingerpaint is a great place to work. Every company has their "learning curves" and Fingerpaint is always willing to learn more about different ways to improve. The Monday morning breakfasts or paid team lunches are a great but it doesn't always boil down to a free meal. Instead, I think we could focus on improving on the work/life balance - maybe it's more work from opportunities, more paid holidays, or being able to hire an extra team member here and there to take on the extra work load. Our competitors are following the trend of more time off and working from home, so why can't we?

Be the first to find this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that your career move has been a positive one and that you enjoy working on your team. We appreciate your constructive feedback as we continue to evaluate how we can improve as an agency. Thank you again for your review and continued dedication to Fingerpaint.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews