KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fingerpaint Group

Engaged Employer

Fingerpaint Group

Add a Review

Fingerpaint Group Employee Reviews about "philanthropy"

Updated Sep 30, 2020

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "philanthropy"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Getting bigger and better

Oct 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great, talented, smart people *Fun, casual atmosphere *100% of insurance premiums paid *Summer Fridays *Paid sabbaticals after 5 years *Tuition reimbursement *Independently owned *Beautiful office space (in all locations) *Philanthropic efforts/an entire day dedicated to philanthropy once a year across all offices *Everyone is accessible, from the CEO down - no one is "too good" to give you their time

Cons

*It's agency life - the pace can be hectic, and it's not for everyone *Work/life balance is not always protected. There's an expectation to work remotely if it's a night, weekend or even sometimes on vacation *401K match is low - but at least it is on Fingerpaint's radar and something they're looking to improve

Corporate Communications

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate the time you took to provide this review, and are happy to hear you’re enjoying so much of our culture, benefits, and values. We also hear your more constructive feedback, and please know we take all feedback seriously when evaluating how we can improve as an agency. Thank you again for the review and for your continued dedication to Fingerpaint!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of hours, but a great team

Sep 30, 2020 - Medical Strategist in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, staff, camaraderie, philanthropy, smart and hard working employees

Cons

Poor work-life balance, pay increases and promotions came slow

1 person found this review helpful

Fingerpaint Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Fingerpaint. As an industry, advertising can be particularly grueling, and we recognize that changing deadlines, deliverables, and client requests can make for long days. We can see you’re a former employee, you may not know this, but we switched to a bi-annual review cycle. Every employee receives a review once a year ensuring timely feedback and room for career growth. We appreciate your constructive feedback; please know we take all feedback seriously when evaluating how we can improve as an agency.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

People-first culture but benefits are lacking

Dec 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is awesome and seems to really care about his employees, knowing them by their first names, and going out of his way to connect. The culture is fun, a work hard/play hard mentality. There are food and snacks stocked at all times. Birthday pto every year. Summer fridays this past year. Big on philanthropy and giving back.

Cons

The “100% employer-paid benefits” are garbage. The only plans offered are two crappy high-deductible plans that cover barely anything. It’s actually the worst healthcare insurance I’ve been offered through an employer. Ever. The 401k match could be better too.

Corporate Communications

I appreciate your kind words and concerns about our healthcare program. I don’t understand your comments and would love to talk with you personally about your observations. My cell is 518-488-8304. We offer both a high and low deductive plan through Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I pay $2,000,000 personally every year to cover all of our staff's premiums. I’m not above criticism, and would appreciate learning about your negative experience - not via postings, but live on the phone. Thank you, Ed Mitzen

4. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Five star intern program

Aug 13, 2018 - Copywriting Intern in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the most positive internship experience to date at Fingerpaint. The company's culture is unlike any other––philanthropy is heavily valued, people work hard to produce inspirational work while having fun simultaneously, and you can bring your dog to work. There were five interns, and we had a blast together in the ten weeks we were at Fingerpaint. I credit Bo Goliber, intern coordinator, for hiring us with our strengths and personalities in mind. We worked collaboratively on a summer-long intern project where we produced three print marketing brochures for a local non-profit. It was great having a real-life client and wrapping up the summer with something we were all really proud of. Also, it's a PAID internship program, because the company values interns and their work.

Cons

Access to mentors/supervisor was challenging at points because they were so busy. Over all, they were very helpful and responsive.

Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for reviewing your internship experience with Fingerpaint! We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us and found the intern project beneficial (we think Bo is a rockstar, too). We totally hear you about access to supervisors, and will take this feedback, in addition to the feedback provided in the internship surveys we sent out, into consideration when planning for next year. Thanks again!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuinely a better place to be

Apr 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Culture is a refreshing change from big agency networks -Ability to act on ideas without a lot of bureaucracy -Truly driven to make a difference -Genuine commitment to philanthropy -Building a stronger, more experienced team -Commitment to nurturing young talent -Growing at a face pace -Interesting clients

Cons

-As growth happens, there are inevitably growing pains to be managed. Not a con as much as a reality during the growth spurt

Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Fingerpaint! We're happy to hear about some of the things you enjoy most about working at Fingerpaint. It is feedback like this that helps us manage and work to minimize obstacles that arise as we continue to grow. Thanks again!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Copywriter

Apr 16, 2018 - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free healthcare coverage for ALL employees! The opportunity to network and visit with other FP offices. Multiple philanthropy opportunities, providing unique ways to give back to the community Student loan coverage Summer Fridays. Enough said. The freedom and comfort of a no-titles work zone. Entry-level opportunities (mentors available) Investment in Employee Development Takes Employee Feedback Seriously Internal rewards and incentive programs for your efforts Hands-on paid internships You can bring your dog to work. Unlimited coffee and bagels!

Cons

Upstate NY weather Cubicles– but that's advertising life!

Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience with Fingerpaint! It is feedback like this that helps us evaluate what we're doing well, and what we can improve for our employees. We appreciate your input and are glad to hear you're enjoying your experience with Fingerpaint. We'll do our best to work on that Upstate NY weather for you :)

7. 5.0

Unicorn of an agency!

Jan 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

No big agency red tape. Access to CEO who is approachable and engaged. Great team collaboration. Sincere co workers. Fully paid healthcare. Robust additional employee perks (bring dog to work, birthday off, dedicated philanthropy efforts, paid sabbatical). You can move forward in your career here if you take initiative.

Cons

Can't think of any real cons!

3 people found this review helpful

People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your input, and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Uncommon Collaboration (it's real, and it's here)

Feb 2, 2016 - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are on their game here, and you can tell by the conversations you have in meetings, in the kitchen, or at our open air work areas. The things we do, the feats we achieve, it makes everyone sort of rise to the occasion to collectively get things done. Fingerpaint has an internal dev team (in my previous agencies we used 3rd party vendors) and an internal digital strategy team which makes collaboration between departments simple, and it lets the execution of creative ideas take a more direct route. You hear a lot about uncommon collaboration when Fingerpaint is discussed in the media, it's Ed's favorite term for what we do here, and I have to say (I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid) I think it's true. Creative sits with Account, we talk, we find solutions, we figure things out. Project management sets up meetings between individual to manage all of our time and make sure we connect on projects, that's cool because it keeps me organized. The work can be challenging and plentiful, but I'd say most days I'm home by 6, so are lots of people. Also a plus, everyone understands that life happens, and when people need to take time to be with their families, everyone is accommodating. I can honestly say I've done my best creative work since joining Fingerpaint, and that's kind of all that matters. But other things I've really enjoyed include the dedication to philanthropy, the breadth of clients (pharma/device/consumer/film/entertainment), fun things like the office is dog friendly, there's always candy and soda and bagels and fruits and snacks. There's an amazing holiday party every year for all offices, we have excellent transparency with monthly and quarterly updates on what's going on in the agency, there's lunch and learn pizza parties, there's public acknowledgement of accomplishments, and I must say I like our downtown Saratoga location, it's pretty cool.

Cons

This is advertising so the problems I've found here I have found at previous agencies, I guess that's life. Cons include things like very aggressively tight deadlines, rushed jobs, overload of tasks, too many meetings to do the actual work, people needing to stay in their lanes, people steamrolling decisions, and a clear understanding among all people of the value each department brings instead of grumbling about who gets what hours, who's driving the train or who's doing to much or too little. People are people, you can't escape that. The age old account vs creative thing is mitigated here because we're all in each other's bidness, but we're also all adults who can come to terms with decisions and talk through grievances.

14 people found this review helpful