Fingerprint Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Fingerprint Communications Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

2.6
Fingerprint Communications CEO Jessica Meisels (no image)
Jessica Meisels
  1. "FPC is family!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fingerprint Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at Fingerprint Communications for 2 years before I had to move to Florida for family. I learned so much during my 2 amazing years! I came in as a coordinator and Jessica gave me the opportunity grow within the company. I was given a lot of responsibility which was guided by support from my peers and co-workers. The environment is truly team oriented and very collaborative. I am sad to have to take a break... from the PR world, but if I ever can go back FPC is my first phone call,

Cons

Be prepared to work, learn and become a PR pro. This team is the best of the best! Time and effort is the key to success here. The more you prove, the more responsibility you get in order to grow. You will be challenged, but you will also be a better publicist in the end.

Advice to Management

Stay in touch!! You guys rule!

Fingerprint Communications2019-10-04
  2. "Fingerprint is the best!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fingerprint Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I just had to jump in and write a review bc after seeing all of the negative lies on this site I wanted to say as an employee of FPC for the past 3 years this company has become my whole world! It is really crazy to see past employees bash a place that gives so much positive opportunity to its employees. From my personal experience at Fingerprint I have learned so much about the PR world from a President who rally... cares about her team and her clients. She goes out of the way to spend time bettering you as a publicists. That’s not to say she doesn’t push you to be the best you can be, but personally I wouldn’t want to be any other type of environment. All I can speak for is my experience which has allowed me the opportunity to start as an assistant and grow to be running my own accounts. I have been here through young millennial employees who think they go into PR to “party” with celebrities, but this is a business that represents some of the most relevant brands in the world. These are the reviews people are reading here on this site and it is wrong to have this be a reflection of such an awesome place to work! Just my opinion... from a current and very happy employee.

Cons

If you think a con is working hard to show your worth then don’t work here. Jessica, the President is very hands on and expects her team to be the best. Personally that’s a positive for me... obviously some people don’t feel like working hard is a plus!

Advice to Management

Ignore this nonsense on this website! There is a reason you have been in business for 15 years... your clients love you and your employees love you.

Fingerprint Communications2019-09-24
  3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fingerprint Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning experience Strong Team Fun environment

Cons

Face paced- not for the light hearted

Fingerprint Communications2019-09-24

"I COULD NEVER HATE ANYONE ENOUGH TO RECOMMEND THIS AGENCY"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fingerprint Communications full-time

Pros

The only pro to this job was quite literally the few other girls which worked there. The co-workers created a bond in their hate against Jessica Meisels, her operations, her values (actually, her lack of), and her absolutely terrorizing personality.

Cons

Working 9-7 each day with no breaks, employees getting intensely harassed consistently, no time-off or benefits and minimum compensation, this job was not a "job" but a nightmare. Each employees job had been threatened multiple times for nothing more than eating lunch or needing to attend a funeral. The website has about 5 locations for offices - FALSE. There is a dump of a LA office with less than 4 girls, a New... York WeWork space with maybe 2 girls (not the 15 Jessica will tell clients), none others and definitely NOT "worldwide". The client reports each month are completely fluffed up. Her ex husband is her "partner" and they will go blow for blow in front of employees. She has made racial comments, degraded people due to their physical appearance and holds no regard for families, emergencies or real life situations. She pit employees against each other because she hated that they were friends. She got into screaming matches with employees. I could go on. Jessica would have her assistant make fake emails and create positive reviews while I worked there so trust and believe that any good reviews are completely false and added by her and her team.

Advice to Management

QUIT. CLOSE DOWN. Life only gets better once you are cut out of it. I went to multiple interviews after leaving Fingerprint with industry leading executives where they said they unfortunately knew of you, that you were a joke and that the industry only ever thinks that you're pathetic at most.

Fingerprint Communications2019-08-07
  5. "Would NEVER work here!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fingerprint Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company seems to have a lot of potential. They have fun clients and put on a lot of events but they are so severely understaffed and unorganized nothing ever goes to plan.

Cons

Management needs to figure out how to structure her company. It seems to be a toxic and negative work environment and the employees seem miserable. At the time I worked here there were more interns then employees and we we’re worked to exhaustion. I would never recommend this company to someone for full time employment.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and change your attitude. There is nothing worse than a selfish and rude employer. Additionally, STOP LYING to everyone!

Fingerprint Communications2019-07-21
  6. "If you like narcissistic, unintelligent social climbers this is the place to work!"

Former Employee - Internship in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Fingerprint Communications part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunches and swag bags.

Cons

Fake even by LA standards.

Advice to Management

Couldnt pay me to return!

Fingerprint Communications2019-03-25
  7. "Must have thick skin"

I worked at Fingerprint Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fingerprint has the ability to be a great company with the clients and fun events you get to work. you learn a lot.

Cons

The owner and her partner are terrors. They found joy in making employees cry. Get use to be yelled at and having your job threatened when either of them are having a bad day. Besides working 9-7pm you also get no bathroom break. You are worked in to the ground.

Advice to Management

Change with the time. You are not the beat company out here so stop treating people like they can’t find better.

Fingerprint Communications2019-01-05
  8. "Hahah how depressing"

Former Employee - Manager in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Fingerprint Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing. Oh maybe the people who worked for her because we all suffered alongside the abuse with each other.

Cons

It’s hilarious that the owner has to create fake reviews to up her rating because the company is so awful that everyone leaves her. She treats people like garbage. Read the bad reviews. That’s how Fingerprint truly is.

Advice to Management

Just close down. Everyone in the industry knows how terrible you are.

Fingerprint Communications2019-01-09
  9. "Great Summer Internship"

I have been working at Fingerprint Communications

Pros

- Hands on work - Relaxing Environment - Got to know co workers very well - Amanda and Shaneil (NY Office) taught me so much, they were very easy to talk to and truly care about the people they work with.

Cons

Communication between the NY and LA office could be a little confusing at times.

Fingerprint Communications2018-07-26
  10. "Awesome!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fingerprint Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my time at Fingerprint, the staff was extremely welcoming and became more like a family. I learned great skills that have helped me succeed in the PR industry.

Cons

None that I can think of

Fingerprint Communications2018-07-17