Finicity Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

5.0
Finicity CEO Steven Smith (no image)
Steven Smith
Pros
  • "I found all the work culture, IE managers, directors are good and cooperative(in 10 reviews)

• "Only One thing - Near to Station(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Transport facility for the night shift employees would be helpful(in 9 reviews)

• "Unavailability of drop facility for night shift(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Apr 5, 2021 - Account Executive in Murray, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. i love it

Cons

They can work on the marketing side. Sometimes things are slow

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 25, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great benefits, especially with mastercard acquisition - good pay - great team culture

Cons

Hire managers almost exclusively externally. Promote from within!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

a good experience

Oct 19, 2020 - Implemenatation Manager in Castle Fin, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

good environment, chances to promote, communication with senior staff

Cons

lack of benefits, not flexible working hours

Finicity

Thank you for the feedback and we’re glad you had a good experience in your short time with us.

4. 5.0

Great Place to Work and Grow

Oct 6, 2020 - Director of Software Engineering in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company Culture - Innovation/Good Products - Fast Growing - Opportunities to Make an Impact - Yellow Shoes

Cons

- No Cons for Me

Finicity

Thanks for the feedback. Yes we love all of those things, especially our yellow shoes.

5. 5.0

Supportive Environment!

Aug 6, 2019 - Nunya Business in Murray, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management in my department has been incredibly supportive as I have had personal and family needs arise. Family is a top priority for me, so working for leadership who values that as well makes me happy to work hard and achieve my individual goals. Additionally, I have been so pleased with the challenges that I've been given since joining Finicity. I hate to be bored and there's almost always something interesting to do that provides learning and growth.

Cons

Nothing too significant, but this is a required field, so here you go... Finicity is growing, so there are a lot of changes going on. We recently expanded into a new space, which is very nice. But as with any growing company, there are a few growing pains and it will be interesting to see how employees and leadership work through these. So far, so good, though.

1 person found this review helpful

Finicity

We’re glad you have had an enjoyable experience so far and we’re always grateful and accepting of feedback, whether online or in person, so please keep us informed on what’s going well and what we can do better.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Review from the REAL VP of Finance

Sep 19, 2019 - Vice President Finance in Murray, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Experienced leadership team that has a great vision for the growth of the Company and focuses on building a culture that helps each employee reach their potential. It is exciting to be a part of a Company that is dedicated to finding innovative ways to positively impact consumers financial lives. Finicity has provided exceptional growth opportunities and this is only the beginning.

Cons

Innovation and rapid growth always come with challenges. The Company (and the leadership team) acknowledges those challenges and is always striving to improve and overcome them.

2 people found this review helpful

Finicity

Thank you for your feedback. It is exciting to be a part of Finicity and finding innovative ways to positively impact consumer's financial lives.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Solid product, Strict culture

Feb 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very well defined product and improvement process. Strong endorsements from industry influencers.

Cons

Strict culture with outdated dress code and inflexible work schedules.

Finicity

We have certainly not intended for either our culture or our dress code to come across as strict or outdated. We strive to make Finicity an inviting, welcoming, team-oriented environment where everyone can be successful. Typically when issues arise we discuss those with team leaders and try to find a compromise that works. We try to provide as flexible a schedule as possible as long as the work is continuing to get done. There may be times where the schedule is more strict than others because of project deliverability and releases but that should be thoroughly communicated in advance.

8. 5.0

Great, growing company.

Nov 12, 2014 - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working here for a few months and find this so refreshing compared to other "call center sales" type jobs I've worked. The hours are great, the base pay is almost double minimum wage (and therefore a lifesaver for this college student, you won't find better without a degree or a certification.) and the break room is off the hook. Management does their best to make things go smoothly and to keep even us lower sales people happy. Weekly meetings are used to update us on the companies progress and to get feedback. Managers are open to criticism and conscious of employee morale. This is a job I can see myself working at throughout my undergrad.

Cons

I'm on a newer team, so there are some growing pains right now in terms of leads, call volume consistency, and commission/compensation. Its not even a fraction as bad as some other call centers in the valley that Ive either worked at or have friends that worked at them.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Exciting time at Finicity

Dec 7, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Already has established award winning products and with recent $42 million round of funding we are poised for rapid growth from a product and people perspective. Leadership is excellent where everyone I have met with is passionate about who we are and where we are going. Company is at an inflection point where we are evolving from an established but smallish financial tech company to fast growing tech company and with that there will be some learning and growing pains that we will experience Leadership has shown that we are willing to bring on amazing talent to lead us through our rapid growth. For example our new CFO brings a stellar track record and probably could have picked anywhere he wanted to work but he chose to come to Finicity, that says a lot about the opportunity here.

Cons

Our benefits could use some improvement (even some minor tweaks would make them much better) however our leadership team is aware and working to make positive changes

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great Company

Sep 1, 2016 -  in Murray, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm on the Financial Wellness side of the business and the company is growing like a weed. We have made many changes to improve process and help our customers. The best thing about working at Mvelopes is how we help people who are struggling with debt and budgeting change their lives. Management tries to create a family atmosphere and the people that work at Mvelops are passionate about helping clients.

Cons

Like all businesses, growth can be difficult and growing pains are common. I wish we can go even faster, but there is no easy button. Change can be difficult, but I guess that's why they call it work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews