KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "most people are great with awesome personalities(in 17 reviews)
  • "Great benefits, tons of vacation days, summer Fridays, in(in 17 reviews)
  • "Finn Partners takes pains to promote a great culture and environment for its employees(in 12 reviews)
  • "Global/local agency, generally warm group of people, dynamic work environment.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great leadership starts from the top and trickles down.(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Finn Partners and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Amazing company!

Sep 2, 2022 - Account Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and clients. Great work life balance.

Cons

After you get to a certain level room for growth is limited

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Really Nice People, Good Work/Life Balance, Pay Seems to Be Lagging

Aug 11, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was here for ~8 years. Someone once noted to me "No one has ever made me feel bad at FINN." I found that to be true as well (with one exception, at that person did not fit into the culture at FINN.) It truly is a NICE agency, which it prides itself on. Work/life balance is pretty good, though I think that heavily depends on team. I have kids and when I needed to put family first - or when we had covid and needed to put health first - everyone on my team got it immediately and there was no conflict. Peter Finn really stepped up during covid, doing the right thing by the firm - both trying to keep the firm afloat during a difficult financial time, while also protecting employees' financial status and health as much as possible. He also was very moved by the murder of George Floyd and was not afraid to say so, which I appreciated. If you are looking to work at an agency and you prioritize having good coworkers, interesting work, and better-than-usual (I think) work/life balance, I'd highly recommend Finn.

Cons

It seems like pay is lower than other firms. I recently took another job, and realized that conservatively it would probably take about 6 more years at Finn to make my new salary. There are no cost of living adjustments - which as everyone knows, in times of high inflation, is a de facto pay cut. While I've spoken well of work/life balance and low toxicity, I've heard this may not apply to the west coast offices and Chicago office. Morale seems to be lower there. That's hearsay - I didn't work in these places. Just passing along my perception (also based from speaking to people in these offices, but my experience is not personal.) I think if you are looking for exciting name brand clients or really really cutting edge work, you may be disappointed. Neither of those things were critical to me, but might be to others.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great work and mission, but disorganized, understaffed and lacks structure

Jul 21, 2022 - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Finn Partners has a great reputation and touts some cool benefits, including free lodging in upstate NY ski town. Very smart people and exceptional clients.

Cons

Because it is a mishmash of many different smaller agencies that they acquired there's a lack of clear vision, policies and processes for client services. It tends to be focused on billing, not results, in my experience. Some practices are much better organized and managed than others, but there's no clear communication or process about how the various practices can and should work together. There's a lot of territorialism since the various groups have their own P&L and, while they tell clients they have vast capabilities across practices, there's little incentive to collaborate.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Interned in Australia

Aug 11, 2022 - Intern in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

awesome clients in the public affairs sector

Cons

I dont live in DC

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Dynamic place to work

Aug 11, 2022 - Associate VP in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and PTO policies are strong

Cons

Difficult to move across practice areas

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Cheap Company

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The time off that's really it.

Cons

The CEO would rather acquire companies, then promote from within and give a proper compensation. He says it's in order to "build the company" but every company that is acquired is in their own section. Finn promotes a "collaboration" but that is the furthest from the truth. Also there is no diversity in leadership really. They have their token people to say they are diverse, but they really do nothing for diversity, they hire diverse people to put them through the ringer to make them want to quit. Honestly you're better off anywhere else. Pay is cheap too, never want to pay you your worth, but if your up top with the favorites then your lucky you will for sure make those six figures.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Great place

Jul 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my time there

Cons

To be honest none really

8. 5.0

Great workplace

Jun 29, 2022 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, flexibility with time off and work hours, remote/hybrid model

Cons

Right now, I don’t have any. Love working here and hope to keep working here.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Horrible management

Jun 24, 2022 - N A in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is very generous and considerate.

Cons

Horrible management. Was a great Company until new CFO came in. Disrespects employees.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits and people

Jul 5, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, amazing people to work with.

Cons

Sometimes workload is a lot

Viewing 1 - 10 of 206 Reviews

Finn Partners Reviews FAQs

Finn Partners has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 235 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Finn Partners to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Finn Partners employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Finn Partners. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

73% of Finn Partners employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Finn Partners 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Finn Partners to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Finn Partners Job Seekers