KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 138 of over 159 reviews

3.7
Finn Partners Founding Partner Peter Finn
Peter Finn
Pros
  • "Amazing talent and leadership, senior management truly cares about employees, their well-being and promotes a healthy work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Interesting clients and great teams(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Severe work-life balance issues(in 6 reviews)

• "Long hours, work-life balance, a lot of accounts(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best-in-class agency

May 13, 2021 - Associate Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Strong, positive, ethics-forward culture -Good clients and evolving work -Great benefits - medical, vacation time -Evolving with industry -Minimal turnover for competitors (at least out of FINN MIDWEST)

Cons

-Slow to promote compared to competitors -Growth can be exhausting (though you try to make up for it) -Salary plateau (not uncommon with agency life; maybe reward us for the growth financially)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company you are proud to work for

Apr 9, 2021 - I Work In the G&A Team in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The CEO really cares & puts employee and client needs first. (He has been amazing during COVID constantly surveying us before making co. decisions.) -Commitment to D.E.I. is great - more than 100 global employees belong to the Diversity Committee. I work with people here from all walks of life, from age 21 to 75, of all gender identifications and sexual orientations, of many different ethnicities etc....it is great, I learn so much, and I think diversity is part of what makes this agency special. -My department head cares about her employees and gives us the tools, data, coaching/mentoring, and support for us to each be successful in our jobs. She is accessible to us 24/7 and is someone I respect and trust. -KINDNESS isn't just a value stated on the company website- it actually exists here! Employees here help each other and share info/tips/tools. -Consistent employee hard work/ innovation/producing deliverables is rewarded here with internal advancement/promotion. -Very stable company layout structure - many Finn Partners office locations in cities across the globe, and in the USA each location serves broad client sectors. This company is in growth mode. -Huge time off with pay program - most new employees start with at least 5 weeks off in year 1 (vacation, summer days, winter closure, personal days, holidays etc.)

Cons

I'd like to see a tuition reimbursement program created.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Experience Entirely Contingent on Manager - Frequent Employee Turnover for a Reason

Jul 2, 2021 - Assistant Account Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

FINN is a solid place to learn and employees genuinely care about the success of their clients. Employees are given a solid amount of sick days and PTO days and are encouraged to use them. CEO stays in frequent contact with all staff, which was crucial and GREATLY appreciated throughout the pandemic.

Cons

Your experience and professional growth are entirely contingent on who your manager is - and there isn't a strong HR department to go to to anonymously express concerns or comments, making it difficult to make any changes. Mistakes are not tolerated, which fosters a tense, almost scary environment to work in. It's hard to do great work when you expect nothing but harsh, negative feedback on everything you do. Often times, previous mistakes are continuously brought up to staff as a way to gaslight them into thinking they aren't worthy of recognition or promotions. Feedback is also nearly always subjective. Managers will rip junior staff apart in feedback saying they screwed up an assignment entirely and all they changed was the wording of a few sentences. Junior staff are expected to be mind-readers. If you want something done a certain way, then ask. Don't give an assignment, and then verbally assault junior staff for not doing it the way you envisioned in your head. Many members of senior management work almost all hours of the day and expect junior level employees to do the same. There is also an intense culture of favoritism. Some employees are clearly the apple of senior management's eyes, and others are brushed aside, and this treatment is also reflected in promotions and other professional growth opportunities.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Competitive pay, very generous PTO, and a culture that makes you feel respected

May 3, 2021 - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The folks here are some of the friendliest people I’ve met in the professional world; You can always reach out to the people here with any inquiry – professional or personal – and they will hear you out. It really inspires me to give them my all. They’ll work with you to make sure you’ve got all the information and support you need, and that’s on top of the competitive paycheck (at least in my case) and generous PTO/personal days/sick days; In a recent development, they’ll even give you extra time-off to go get a COVID vaccine. It’s stuff like that, which makes me believe that Finn Partners values me & the other employees. Obviously, it’s not just because they’re generous for no reason; It just makes sense that a happy employee is a productive employee, and I wish more employers could come to that conclusion. Finn Partners is growing like crazy through both acquisitions and new hires; They’re definitely part of the new wave of PR, and we'll be seeing the name a lot more in the coming years. If you want to get involved and don't see a matching open position, reach out; I’ve been told they need good people faster than they can define new roles. As for recruitment, I’m happy to say that I had a wonderful experience with Finn’s HR & Talent Acquisition team members. They won’t leave you hanging as is the case with too many companies, and you can honestly be open with them regarding any questions or concerns; They want to do all they can to help you present your best self to hiring managers.

Cons

In general it's a little tough to get acquainted with priorities, colleagues and office culture during the COVID-19 pandemic. This isn't their fault at all - rather in spite of it - but although HR and everyone else is doing everything they can to make me & other new hires welcome and caught up, I still found myself sitting idle here & there for the first few days at the company, and unsure what to do outside of scheduled Zoom briefings. If you get hired at Finn -- or for any temporarily/permanently work-from-home job -- my advice is to not let the situation break your productivity; Email others on your accounts for busywork or even just materials to review, learn about your colleagues and feel free to reach out if only to say hello, etc. This should be obvious, but in order to succeed in communications during (and after) the Pandemic, you need to be a proactive communicator, and the current WFH situation gives you an opportunity to demonstrate it, so don't miss out.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A true family in every way.

Feb 5, 2021 - Account Supervisor in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is very open to diversity and committed to DEI at every level, there is a real investment in training employees to be successful in their roles and responsibilities, leadership offers mid-level employees engaging opportunities for growth and the ability to explore their passions and learn new things on the job, the benefits package is well-rounded and competitive, the people inside the organization are like a good family, and I could go on and on. If you're committed, intentional, and self-starting, the opportunities are endless.

Cons

The company is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth and has restructured several times, which makes job roles and responsibilities confusing at times. There is a divide between the Public Relations and Integrated Marketing teams that makes it difficult to know exactly where you fit in, but this is being worked on.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

good overall

Jun 14, 2021 - Social Media Strategist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Flexible remote work Generous time off policy

Cons

No work life balance You don’t get clients you enjoy working on

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Management is Horrible

Jun 23, 2021 - I'd Rather Not Say in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a lot of perks. CEO is very generous and kind to his company.

Cons

Management is horrible. Employees talk to their co-workers with dis-respect and Management does nothing about it. Long hours and hard work is unappreciative!

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just focus on Expansion rather than current employees

Jul 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clients are big names and your work teams are like family.

Cons

No structure on formal reviews, don’t value current employees, severely under paid

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Average Company

Jun 22, 2021 - Public Relations in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

We win awards, and that's all anyone cares about, but they know the right people, so it always feels disingenuine, but company culture big on self-promotion.

Cons

No room for growth. Been here several years, and the CEO has never even acknowledged I exist.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Missed opportunities

Jul 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great colleagues and clients in select offices!

Cons

Company and management do not value mental wellbeing or work life balance of employees. Very judgmental.

1 person found this review helpful