Fino Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian Fino
  1. "Hiring Process"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fino Consulting

Pros

The hiring process in my case was extremely quick. I was hired 4 days after submitting an application. This timeline isn't always the case, but I know the company doesn't waste time when looking for potential hires.

Cons

None for the hiring process

Fino Consulting2016-06-02

"Get Out"

Former Employee - Technology

I worked at Fino Consulting full-time

Pros

People are generally nice and smart. Good office location.

Cons

Everyone good has left or is leaving. There was a massive lay off and the company is skirting by on small client deals. No raises of bonuses in years. Technology isn't that great

Advice to Management

Close down and put everyone out of their misery

Fino Consulting2016-08-08
    • "recognition, flexibility, and balance"

I have been working at Fino Consulting full-time

Pros

-recognition for work -flexibility and work life balance -free breakfast Fridays during company wide team meetings -great roof deck and bar/lounge to use whenever -social and personable colleagues and easy going group

Cons

-lots of the same nature of projects/work for clients, can get stale and redundant -really quiet office, needs more energy

Advice to Management

I enjoy the flexibility and balance that comes with working here. Keep up the constant but informal recognition of the hard work your team puts in.

Fino Consulting2016-04-27

"Product Owner"

I worked at Fino Consulting full-time

Pros

Great Pay. Great Benefits. Great People. Everyone really is trying to do great work and their is a general sense of camaraderie.

Cons

I can't speak for how the company is now, things may have changed, but there was difficulty bringing in new work. The leadership team struggled to identify the firm's offerings and the sales process seemed somewhat broken.

Advice to Management

Find the niche you can sell into. Get better at communicating with your employees.

Fino Consulting2015-09-03

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Fino Consulting

Pros

People work hard and love to collaborate. Coworkers are very knowledgeable about a ton of different technologies and industries. Decent salary and benefits. Clean and quiet office. Roofdeck where you can work outside in the summer. Penthouse with a beer keg for parties. Game nights sometimes. A big TV in the kitchen. Chance to do cool work for some big names in different fields.

Cons

Sort the reviews here by date. Every positive review came before this one. That's because the Great Reckoning of Mid-2015 hadn't happened yet. Fino's five-star rating is not true. Leadership has done a poor job expanding the client base. This led to a sharp decline in revenue, which leadership hid. A mass layoff resulted, which snowballed into resignations. Integral teams were split apart or eliminated. Leadership...

Advice to Management

Be accountable for the mistakes you make. Be as transparent as you advertise yourselves to be. Don't play favorites. Do your jobs.

Fino Consulting2015-07-14

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Technology

I worked at Fino Consulting

Pros

Company was great until it was not. Good people, somewhat interesting tech work. Free breakfast on Fridays. Exposure to some good clients.

Cons

In the past year, 60% of the company has either been fired, laid off, or resigned. Lack of transparency from leadership on top of a poor sales model led to the decline of this company.

Advice to Management

Get your act together soon or your company will be bankrupt.

Fino Consulting2015-07-10

"Nope"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Fino Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company, good people and nice culture

Cons

Until the a whole dozen of people who actually make most of the revenues got laid off without any notification in advance. The reason for the laid-off is because simply because the sales did a poor job and the company cannot pay the engineering team. Don't go. Risky, they don't have money for engineers PS. No bonus this year.

Advice to Management

Please be more professional and considerate when you try to do things like that ^ At lease tell your employees in advance.

Fino Consulting2015-07-16

"Interesting and diverse work and colleagues."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fino Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is varied and challenging, my coworkers are engaged and friendly, and the management is involved and responsive. All with great pay, free beer, snacks, good coffee, lattes, and a small gym. Attaining a good work-life balance is feasible if you're productive.

Cons

I don't see much room for advancement. I will likely be in the same job as long as I am with the company.

Fino Consulting2015-02-27

"Just keeps getting better"

I have been working at Fino Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid benefits and work life balance, challenging work, and opportunities to learn and grow. Work environment is collaborative, but the company gives employees the support they need to be autonomous and make their own way. Ample opportunity to learn about and work on the things that interest you. Kind supportive team that likes to be around each other and have fun!

Cons

Leadership is still figuring out the org structure, they are well on their way though and have been holding sessions with the entire company to determine what works best for the team as we grow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Fino Consulting2015-02-18

"Great environment of enthusiastic individuals where everyone's voice counts"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Fino Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Never overwhelmed by the work -Awesome development environment -Very conscious of difficult work weeks and tries to accommodate -Keg upstairs -Interesting projects

Cons

-Not much room for advancement (this is more of a personal thing, some people prefer the flat hierarchy)

Fino Consulting2015-01-04