Fire Inc. Atlanta Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Malcolm Elavia

1. "Mentorship Program: 2 Thumb Up!"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mentoring here at Fire Inc is awesome. The management team pairs you up with someone who they feel can best train you in the day-to-day activities in the role of an Account Manager. All of the trainers here are really good at the sales and marketing aspect and it is easy to pick it up quickly if you give 100%

Cons

The work hours are a bit longer than normal and we work 6 days a week (for the most part). Also, there are weekly get-together's (not mandatory) that are outside of the normal work hours.

Advice to Management

Everyone enjoys the mentoring and leadership from the trainers. Keep hiring great people! If I do manage a location one day, then I just hope I can make it look as easy as you all do.

2. "Lots of training in sales and marketing."

Current Employee - Account Executive/Corp Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Corp Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like dealing with people face-to-face, then these guys will train you really well to do just that. In addition to the fast-paced day-to-day activities and the training, there are a lot of other positives to working here as well. There's upward mobility, great team building, and the pay is pretty good too.

Cons

If you are looking for more of a customer service position where your actions are more 'reactive' and making people happy so they come back to buy from you, there's only a slight essence of that with this position. It's mostly getting out in front of people and doing some marketing and sales. It's not everyone's cup of tea, so to speak.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Malcolm - I really like the culture that you've helped to create around the office. Very friendly and fun, yet professional as well.

3. "More Upward Mobility than Most Places"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking to move up in a company, then Fire Inc is probably a pretty decent fit, providing you're willing to work hard for what you want. The atmosphere here is very well in tune with the entrepreneurial spirit and conducive to learning and professional development.

Cons

Like I said above, you have to be willing to work hard for what you want, especially for an executive position. Some people can do it, some people can't, but you'll never know until you try.

Advice to Management

Let's do more group activities. I really like when we go to Main Event or even just the once-a-week happy hour meetings.

5. "Here's Why I Work Here"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like working at Fire Inc. Since I started, I've been treated nothing but professionally, even though I didn't know a whole lot about the business coming in. Turns out the training is really great here and there's also a great sense of 'team.' We work towards individual goals, but as part of a larger team. Reminds me of playing sports in school.

Cons

Also like playing sports in school, it takes some time and dedication to get really good. Most people on a team are going to perform average, but a few of us who work really hard become team captains. So, if you don't feel like putting forth your best effort, you're going to be stuck in the same position for quite a while.

Advice to Management

Let's do some more team activities on the weekends! Maybe some kickball or dodgeball!

6. "Lots of Room for Advancement"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited growth potential was the biggest draw for me when looking for a career path. I think that a lot of people are short sided in this regard. This company is expanding a lot and I think I'll probably be promoted to a supervisor position within just a few months.

Cons

You might find that the work hours are pretty long. They're not normal, that's for sure, but during the interview process, you can determine if you can handle them or not. Pay is based on performance, so for me that's perfect. For others, it isn't.

Advice to Management

Maybe list more of the job requirements on your job postings so people can get a really good feel if they have what it takes to succeed in the company before applying.

"Doing Well and Having Fun Learning"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started off on the right foot from the beginning by having the best trainer for my needs. I'm not a sit down and study type of person. I learn more by doing. My trainer's style matched this and I got pretty good pretty quickly. All of the trainers here are really wonderful though. You won't have any problems learning how to be effective with their guidance.

Cons

Learning anything can take time and effort. When people get promoted into management positions, there should be a disclaimer that reads "results not typical." They aren't typical because most people aren't willing to transform their habits into being highly successful people.

Advice to Management

Maybe find out how every person learns best and pair them up with an appropriate trainer suitable to their needs. I think it was just luck of the draw with me, but we could be on to something here.

8. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working outside, weekly paychecks, teaches you people skills

Cons

Shady. Paychecks were never what they were supposed to be, always lower not considering taxes. If you are killing it here, I mean top of the office, you're barely grossing $40k not to mention they don't reimburse you for anything; gas, food etc.. MLM scheme and they disguise it rather well. Great job if you're a criminal without a diploma.

Advice to Management

Be upfront in your recruiting process so you don't waste people's time

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far, I've learned a lot about the sale process and really what it takes to succeed in the marketing industry. The people here are great and are very supportive of the learning process. On top of all that, there's a ton of room to advance into management down the road for people that go above and beyond. I highly recommend.

Cons

Although there's a huge upside, the hours are long. Besides that, you will have to work most Saturdays (as well as Monday - Friday). For me, it's a good fit. For others, it's too much work.

Advice to Management

I really enjoy the way you encourage your employees and leave room and opportunity for growth and advancement. Keep up the great work!

"Great Management, Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management here is very helpful. From my very first day I felt like I was part of the team. When you need support they do not hesitate and are more than willing to direct you in the right path.

Cons

As with any sales job the hours can be a bit long but the reward and payout for the hours is more than worth it. Just be ready for the hours and you will do just fine.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the staff the way you do. Its refreshing to know you have a team of managers at your disposal to use when in need. Maintaining a pleasant work environment is good for everyone involved including the clientele.

"Cool Job"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far this job is pretty cool. I've gotten to travel to a couple of different cities and network with other people in the industry. I've gotten some really intense training and I also have an opportunity to advance in the company in the future.

Cons

The promotions here are merit-based, so if you're the type of person that looks for seniority, forget about it. It's all based on performance.

Advice to Management

I think the promotions should be a little harder to get, so that way the people in management have really been put through the ringer.