Fire Inc. Atlanta Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Malcolm Elavia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Although there's a huge upside, the hours are long (in 8 reviews)

• Any type of job where marketing and sales are involved is going to take a lot of getting used to (in 8 reviews)

1. "Merit-Based Advancement is a GOOD Thing"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The first pro here is the obvious one. They only promote from within. That means that everyone here started at the entry level and the only way that someone can get a promotion before me is if they are better at their job than me. Another pro is all of the team building we do.

Cons

The hours are long and we work Saturdays sometimes. In this industry, you're not going to find the typical 9-5 office hours. Everyone is a 'mover' and a 'shaker.'

Advice to Management

Let's keep doing our team-nights and team building activities. We get a lot out of those things.

2. "Sales and Marketing Associate"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work habits that are instilled in you from day one at Fire Inc here in Atlanta will make you one of the most highly efficient professionals in the industry. The transferable skills that you pick up here are out of this world. So, should you choose to move on to another company, you'll be very hire-able. If you choose to move up in the company, you'll excel immensely.

Cons

Any type of job where marketing and sales are involved is going to take a lot of getting used to. The only downside is you don't have a lot of time to adjust, so you have to be a very fast learner.

Advice to Management

Malcolm - you are doing a great job. The effort and focus you bring to the office everyday shines through in both production and promotions.

3. "My life as an account manager..."

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really great things going on here. As we start our day at the office, everyone is meeting with others for training and coaching. After that, the management team gathers us up in the conference room and we go over the day's goals. This is great because it gets everyone on the same page. After that we meet with clients at their locations. This is also great because we're interacting with folks all day and not cooped up in an office. After that, we reconvene at the office for a wrap-up meeting. Then, we're out for drinks! I really like working here for the aforementioned reasons.

Cons

The potential cons of this position don't outweigh benefits, but you should be aware that the hours are long and the work isn't difficult, but has ups and downs. Just keep that in mind and you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

I really like the culture here. Everyone is very helpful and wants to see other people succeed (as well as themselves of course). Whatever you guys did to cultivate that, keep it up. It's working!

4. "These Guys Know Their Stuff"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros include: great training, good benefits, bonuses and commissions, regular holidays off, and opportunity for advancement. Right up my alley.

Cons

I really like learning about marketing and sales, but there is a lot to learn for people new to the industry. I would imagine that someone could get very bogged down with all of the information to absorb.

Advice to Management

I think that most of us could benefit from more one-on-ones with the management team. Its always great to hear it straight from the owner because he obviously knows what he's doing.

5. "Very Unique Experience"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about this company is completely different than an average 'office job.' First of all, we aren't in the office very much. We actually get to have meetings with our customers, do sales presentations, etc. Very exciting. Secondly, people here are all upbeat and very friendly. This makes for a great work environment. Lastly, there are some really big advancement opportunities if you are looking to get into a management position very quickly.

Cons

Excelling in this career path takes some hard work. There's no easy route here.

Advice to Management

Let's do a company retreat!

6. "Big things ahead."

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, good pay, lots of advancement opp's, and the training is head and shoulders above anywhere else.

Cons

Marketing and sales jobs require a lot of commitment. There's a huge line of people who try to get into it, but aren't prepared to do the work.

Advice to Management

Let's get a bigger tv in the lobby.

7. "Management is on top of things."

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management here is really superb. They care about each one of us and do their best to make sure that we have the proper training to not only do our job, but to excel in the industry as a whole.

Cons

Well, the hours are long and there's always more work to do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Love what you guys are doing.

"Moving up quickly"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After working here for only a couple of weeks, I was already promoted into an official 'account manager.' At that point the REAL training started. I learned how to train and manage other people and am moving up really quickly!

Cons

Besides the usual cons of most career-minded positions - there's not a lot of cons of working here. Of course the hours are long and people work really hard, we're serious about growing this business.

Advice to Management

Maybe some more bonuses?

9. "Motivating Work Environment!"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is so motivated to succeed that it rubs off on you. I wasn't very goal oriented before I started working here, but now, I've become very ambitious and am achieving at high levels!

Cons

The hours are long and we work harder than most other people. That's ok though because I know what it takes to succeed. There isn't an 'easy' way.

Advice to Management

I don't have anything to advise. You guys are doing great.

"Nothing like it"

I have been working at Fire Inc. Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great things about working here - too many to mention. Here are the main ones, in my point of view. The advancement opportunities are endless. The training is intense and awesome. The leadership team is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

Marketing and sales jobs can demand a lot of your time and energy. Especially when there's a lot at stake.

Advice to Management

Keep meeting with us as much as your time can afford. It really helps to hear it straight from the management.