FireEye Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Nov 12, 2020

3.6
FireEye CEO/Board Member Kevin Mandia
Kevin Mandia
Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are good, along with amenities like free lunch(in 57 reviews)

• "Company has great work life balance(in 55 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of 401k matching is "offset" by stock options(in 42 reviews)

• "No 401k matching currently available, but offset through other benefits(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Feb 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly intelligent people, amazing tech. Benefits are good with the exception of the one mentioned below. Did I mention free lunches, snacks and beverages?

Cons

There aren't too many things that come to mind when thinking about the "cons" of working here. If I had one major complaint it would be no 401k matching.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Would not recommend

Jul 11, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch and unlimited PTO

Cons

Unprofessional management and lack of diversity.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0

FAKE NEWS- HR drives a transparent culture with integrity

Sep 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is passionate and knowledgeable. Helix is a valued message with real market potential but execution has a long way to go. Free lunch. Most of the time you have work/life balance.

Cons

HR is a joke within the company. As a result, we unfortunately have a culture where you constantly need to check your back. A few members of executive leadership are worn and have lost their passion, it is obvious.

18 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Marketing

Sep 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch, flexible schedule

Cons

Management is terrible, a lot of turn over

5. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Senior Analytics and Sales Operation

Jan 24, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor in Milpitas, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people, interesting business, free lunch, fun work outings

Cons

at the time not management not in agreement with their partner business verse direct sales

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

OK. No stability but a paycheck and medical insurance until you get RIFed

Jul 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most co-workers are friendly and seem to be very productive. Lots of snacks and drinks, lunch 4 days a week. The $ per-person budget been drastically reduced but hey the price is still right. Keeps employees more productive since they don't have to go off campus for lunch into bottlenecked Milpitas/Ciscoville. Free lunch is going away this fall, though. They finally have some true leaders in key positions. They're stemming the bleeding (of $) and putting together a portfolio of good products that actually might appeal to customers. Slowly getting rid of some of the wastes of salary dollars.

Cons

Work/life balance? Maybe if you're mediocre or a little better. Once management realizes you do quality work, you will be ground into dust. You have been warned.

1 person found this review helpful

FireEye Response

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for all of your time, dedication and effort that you have put in to make FireEye what it is today! People like you are who make the difference at FireEye. We are glad to hear you believe our leadership team is delivering the results set in place and doing what we say we will do. Thanks for leaving a review!

7. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Research engineering

Dec 1, 2016 - Anonymous Intern in Syracuse, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

learn a lot, have the free lunch

Cons

It is not stable and hr is not good

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I had good experience working for FireEye and I enjoyed, Although I got laid off

Nov 15, 2016 - Senior Network Engineer in Milpitas, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people and fantastic co-workers Nice office Free Lunch Culture club New technology

Cons

No matching 401K No bonus Stock is not doing good anymore No more reimbursement or courses for personal developments Fun is gone Lunch, not good yet it's free

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

It used to be so great, now just a sinking ship.

Aug 9, 2016 - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was pretty good. A lot of really great people, especially the early people, like myself. The technologies are pretty innovative and mostly excellent. Free lunches at HQ. Although, a lot of people here seem to complain about the food.

Cons

Leadership completely out of touch with reality. Super Cronyism in the upper ranks. I watched many people who were at the company early on, get pushed out of their positions, so some chum buddies of the VPs could move in. They just kept stacking more and more expensive management on the company to milk it for all it was worth. Former CEO ran a great company into the ground. Did shady things, like making a second IPO and cashed out a significant amount of his own stock, while those of us in early were "blacked out" from Sales until after the stock had dived down. Zero appreciation for those early people that were crucially important to building FEYE into the company it is today. Although I was there for over 4.5 years, and played an integral part in building the company, they decided to lay me off with no option to move into another group and with less severance package than I would have expected, considering my significant contributions to the company. The comp plan for the SE team has been in flux for the last couple years. Deals I've worked on don't even show up in the comp system. I've been getting "recoverable advances" instead of commissions, until they "solidify" the new comp plan. At the last Sales Kick Off, the VPs actually made a joke about the comp plan being so messed up, as if it was a slap in the face to all of us. Here it is months later and still not solid comp plan. Lots of quality talent has left FireEye.

32 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0

Needs improvement

Apr 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent health care benefits Free snacks Free Lunch

Cons

In light of the most recent layoff, FireEye has severe management issues. Many managers do not have the foresight when hiring employees or technical expertise required for negotiating contracts. This, I suspect, is one root issue in FireEye's financial problems. Costs are often duplicated and little to nothing is a streamline process. Moreover, some employees that were hired within the past year have been laid-off. Some of which were never given a performance review.

7 people found this review helpful