FireEye "free lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor

FireEye Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Jul 31, 2019

3.7
FireEye CEO/Board Member Kevin Mandia
Kevin Mandia
Cons

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly intelligent people, amazing tech. Benefits are good with the exception of the one mentioned below. Did I mention free lunches, snacks and beverages?

Cons

There aren't too many things that come to mind when thinking about the "cons" of working here. If I had one major complaint it would be no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. Strive to hire the best in the field. Let the employees enjoy their jobs as you are currently doing.

FireEye2016-02-18

"Would not recommend"

I worked at FireEye

Pros

Free lunch and unlimited PTO

Cons

Unprofessional management and lack of diversity.

FireEye2019-07-11
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"FAKE NEWS- HR drives a transparent culture with integrity"

I have been working at FireEye full-time

Pros

CEO is passionate and knowledgeable. Helix is a valued message with real market potential but execution has a long way to go. Free lunch. Most of the time you have work/life balance.

Cons

HR is a joke within the company. As a result, we unfortunately have a culture where you constantly need to check your back. A few members of executive leadership are worn and have lost their passion, it is obvious.

Advice to Management

Fire the HR team, bring in a outside consultant who can share best practices, culture building, and transparent communication. You will be shocked in what the company is missing and the impact it will have on top/bottom line.

FireEye2018-09-20

"Marketing"

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free lunch, flexible schedule

Cons

Management is terrible, a lot of turn over

FireEye2018-09-19
  6. "Senior Analytics and Sales Operation"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Milpitas, CA

I worked at FireEye for more than a year

Pros

Smart people, interesting business, free lunch, fun work outings

Cons

at the time not management not in agreement with their partner business verse direct sales

FireEye2018-01-25

"OK. No stability but a paycheck and medical insurance until you get RIFed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time

Pros

Most co-workers are friendly and seem to be very productive. Lots of snacks and drinks, lunch 4 days a week. The $ per-person budget been drastically reduced but hey the price is still right. Keeps employees more productive since they don't have to go off campus for lunch into bottlenecked Milpitas/Ciscoville. Free lunch is going away this fall, though. They finally have some true leaders in key positions.... They're stemming the bleeding (of $) and putting together a portfolio of good products that actually might appeal to customers. Slowly getting rid of some of the wastes of salary dollars.

Cons

Work/life balance? Maybe if you're mediocre or a little better. Once management realizes you do quality work, you will be ground into dust. You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Keep strengthening FEYE's value proposition and holding down the budget but keep in mind a lot of us ICs are burning out. Or maybe thats part of the plan???

FireEye2017-07-30
  8. "Research engineering"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Syracuse, NY

I worked at FireEye for less than a year

Pros

learn a lot, have the free lunch

Cons

It is not stable and hr is not good

FireEye2016-12-01

"I had good experience working for FireEye and I enjoyed, Although I got laid off"

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people and fantastic co-workers Nice office Free Lunch Culture club New technology

Cons

No matching 401K No bonus Stock is not doing good anymore No more reimbursement or courses for personal developments Fun is gone Lunch, not good yet it's free

Advice to Management

You need innovation. The other competitors are moving forward very fast while you are sticking to intrusion detection and forensics. They have the base which is their firewalls, and then as features, they have intrusion detection and prevention while you only have the feature and not the foundation product. The product was good, but it's getting obsolete since it's failing with the performance, and therefore the big... players will not be interested in getting the product whether it's on-prem or cloud base.

FireEye2016-11-15

"It used to be so great, now just a sinking ship."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was pretty good. A lot of really great people, especially the early people, like myself. The technologies are pretty innovative and mostly excellent. Free lunches at HQ. Although, a lot of people here seem to complain about the food.

Cons

Leadership completely out of touch with reality. Super Cronyism in the upper ranks. I watched many people who were at the company early on, get pushed out of their positions, so some chum buddies of the VPs could move in. They just kept stacking more and more expensive management on the company to milk it for all it was worth. Former CEO ran a great company into the ground. Did shady things, like making a... second IPO and cashed out a significant amount of his own stock, while those of us in early were "blacked out" from Sales until after the stock had dived down. Zero appreciation for those early people that were crucially important to building FEYE into the company it is today. Although I was there for over 4.5 years, and played an integral part in building the company, they decided to lay me off with no option to move into another group and with less severance package than I would have expected, considering my significant contributions to the company. The comp plan for the SE team has been in flux for the last couple years. Deals I've worked on don't even show up in the comp system. I've been getting "recoverable advances" instead of commissions, until they "solidify" the new comp plan. At the last Sales Kick Off, the VPs actually made a joke about the comp plan being so messed up, as if it was a slap in the face to all of us. Here it is months later and still not solid comp plan. Lots of quality talent has left FireEye.

Advice to Management

It's too late. Most of the good people have been pushed out. The VPs got their cut of the good ride and said "to hell with it" to the core pillars of people in the company.

FireEye2016-08-10

"Needs improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time

Pros

Excellent health care benefits Free snacks Free Lunch

Cons

In light of the most recent layoff, FireEye has severe management issues. Many managers do not have the foresight when hiring employees or technical expertise required for negotiating contracts. This, I suspect, is one root issue in FireEye's financial problems. Costs are often duplicated and little to nothing is a streamline process. Moreover, some employees that were hired within the past year have been... laid-off. Some of which were never given a performance review.

Advice to Management

There needs to be less management. At points in time, there are more people managing than programming.

FireEye2016-04-18