FireEye "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

FireEye Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 14, 2019

3.7
FireEye CEO/Board Member Kevin Mandia
Kevin Mandia
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great place for work and career growth!!"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hiring/Compensation/Rewards & Benefits: • Hiring standards are very good. • Compensation & benefits are in par with industry standards. Never felt under paid :) • Most of the rewards & recognition are designed to be mutually valuable while in long term association. I personally feel financially secured while planning for a long term career at Fireeye. Location: • Lot of decent residential... societies close to Fireeye Bangalore office. Work: • If choose to learn and deliver on specific programming language or technology opportunities are plenty. • Engineering heads are highly focused and there is always a thought process and plan for "how, what & why" for all deliverables. • There are no trial projects. Though quick POCs are done to evaluate, consider or discard technologies/ideas. • Every engineer is made to feel special and valuable. Every team member knows his/her deliverables for current and upcoming projects. • One can reach out to any level in the org to put forward an idea or change. People here listen to each other. • Mentoring on the job is very effective and is working out. • Cross team collaboration is very good. Never felt isolated work culture. • Managers – All managers are technical experts themselves and becomes easy to communicate technical challenges. Fun/Work-life balance: • Reasonable number of fun events, celebration of festivals & team building activates at work. My daughter loves "bring kid to work" day event :) • Cafeteria food is good most of the times. Special lunch during festivals is always good :) • Sports tournaments are well organized and I participated in some of the matches. It’s really well done.

Cons

Some suggestions: • If we have few cross functional teams like product management and program management teams locally would help Bangalore team. • If we can have kids place inside office would help working parents to bring kids to work during sick day or school off days.

Advice to Management

Going great!!

FireEye2018-12-14
  2. "Best Job in Years - Leadership Cares"

Current Employee - Partner Marketing in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Absolute leader in cyber security: helping companies respond, detect and avoid cyber threats. Mandiant, iSight, Verodin brands are recognized leaders - Management cares - Strong ONE TEAM culture - Unlimited vacation - Relatively good work-life balance - Rapidly improving products, led by intelligence and innovation cycle

Cons

- Very competitive, established market for security products - Still transitioning from legacy hardware business comes with some pain

Advice to Management

None. I trust Kevin. His vision is solid.

FireEye2019-09-14

"Decent people, horrible product portfolio and execution"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people. Decent benefits. Decent work/life balance.

Cons

Horrible product vision and execution. No 401(k) match.

FireEye2019-09-10

"Lacking in product focus, thus succumbing to competition"

Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance, great team in engineering, solid technology

Cons

Too many overheads, engineering is relatively small compared to rest of the departments. Lack of accountability

FireEye2019-07-29
  5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Draper, UT

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Good work/life balance -Good benefits: Tuition Reimbursement, Paternity/Maternity leave, unlimited PTO, stocked fridges and snacks

Cons

-No 401K matching -Raises were not annually, and if they did happen most times it was just stock that you lose if you get laid off or quit, not an actual increase to your base pay

FireEye2019-07-17
  6. "On the up and up? maybe"

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pretty fair benefits and pay. I'd say the work life balance is one of the best perks. I guess it depends on what you do though. Management seems to be getting more involved in trying to get things back on track which is nice to see. I've always thought we have great products and services. If we can get it together internally, I could foresee FireEye doing very well in the future.

Cons

Downsizing, turnover, and reorgs have made things a little hectic. Culture isn't the best right now as people are frustrated over lack of communication as well as not having the right tools to get the job done. It's been a tough couple years but it seems like moves are being made in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Invest in getting internal system to where they need to be.

FireEye2019-03-26

"Best Job ever"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Reston, VA

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great CEO, work life balance

Cons

I do not have any cons

FireEye2019-02-20

"FAKE NEWS- HR drives a transparent culture with integrity"

I have been working at FireEye full-time

Pros

CEO is passionate and knowledgeable. Helix is a valued message with real market potential but execution has a long way to go. Free lunch. Most of the time you have work/life balance.

Cons

HR is a joke within the company. As a result, we unfortunately have a culture where you constantly need to check your back. A few members of executive leadership are worn and have lost their passion, it is obvious.

Advice to Management

Fire the HR team, bring in a outside consultant who can share best practices, culture building, and transparent communication. You will be shocked in what the company is missing and the impact it will have on top/bottom line.

FireEye2018-09-20

"Sr.Cyber Threat Hunter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is amazing Everyone is brilliant Benefits are decent Being Challenged Working on the front line of new Cyber security threats

Cons

No 401K match Healthcare is ok

FireEye2018-08-01

"Hit and Miss"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They at least put on the appearance of paying attention to employee concerns; current CEO has steered the ship away from the rocks

Cons

Manager quality is hit or miss; at a recent all-hands meeting, the CEO lauded a bunch of guys who camped out at their desks to make a deadline while other execs touted work-life balance. Also, in CA the hiring is heavily biased towards Indian men.

Advice to Management

Don't crow about how great your diversity and your work-life balance are when it's obvious those two things are a sham.

FireEye2018-04-27