Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Chief Executive Officer and President Mark Eason
Mark Eason

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great management, great staff, great food (in 13 reviews)

• I'm still brand new, but already making very good money (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours at times with no break (in 5 reviews)

• The only way to make money is if you're liked enough by server management to be a "closer" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good place"

Pros

The money was always good and it's always busy

Cons

nothing really. It's a restaurant.

Advice to Management

Don't be so easily roused by brown nosers.

2. "I have been working for Firebirds for 3 years."

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill full-time

Pros

Decent money for the weekly hours. They truly care about their guest. They are very active with the community.

Cons

Not more promotion unless you are an attractive female. Definitely not looking for talented individuals from within to grow their brand. Very disappointing!

Advice to Management

This is to the executives making all the decisions. Quit worrying about what you will get to look at during store openings and pay close attention to the talent you have around you.

3. "Good Company but...."

Current Employee - Hostess in Chadds Ford, PA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Chadds Ford, PA

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time

Pros

Good managers at my location, flexible hours which I love since I have a full time job as well.

Cons

doesn't really promote within the company

Advice to Management

notice when people step up and should be recognized

4. "Firebirds"

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Long days and sometimes no break.

5. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is a fun, fast paced environment. Managers are nice and treat employees very well. There is a huge focus on guest service and everything possible is done to ensure guests have a pleasant experience and will return.

Cons

There is a relatively quick turnover rate so it can be hard to develop relationships with coworkers at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to put guests first and ensure a pleasant work environment with employees.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Certified Trainer and Bartender in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Certified Trainer and Bartender in Richmond, VA

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is amazing. The people you meet and the training you receive will help you in the long run. Amazing food!

Cons

Meal discount. They preach growth from within and they have some great stories of people moving up in the company but opportunity for growth with long term employees is minimal. I would have loved to continue to grow with the company but they did not allow it.

Advice to Management

Provide a better meal discount plan so I don't have to work on the day of to get a meal discounted. Listen to your front line associates, if they talk about wanting to move up and continue to grow their career with Firebirds then provide them the opportunity to do just that.

7. "Great Atmosphere"

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time

Pros

Great management, great staff, great food

Cons

Not enough hours sometimes

Advice to Management

Pay more

8. "Server Review"

Former Employee - Server in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Server in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved my coworkers, food was great and there were always tastings so that workers were kept up to date on what to recommend to guests. Rewards system was nice, incentivizing sales to keep up morale.

Cons

Management was consistently negative and had clear favorites among staff, leading to either almost no hours or far too many hours despite having ample coverage for shifts. No shift meal either; you pay for your own food, though at a discount if ordered before shift change.

Advice to Management

Continue incentivizing sales, but weed out poor management members and actually listen to staff's complaints.

"Old and dirty with poor management"

Current Employee - Server in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Server in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great chefs. (Not the cooks)
    High quality food.
    High volume.
    Prime real estate, pretty much drives the sales.
    Atmosphere is not too stuffy, very welcoming to all customers.

Cons

Poor Management. Treat staff poorly, if you're a good looking girl, you get anything you want, just sleep with a manager, if you're a guy you better be fetching drugs for the managers, or you won't make money. Very dirty facility, they only clean it when there's a visit from an area director or the health department is due for a visit. If you're not "in" you don't make any money serving and if your try to eat an old piece of bread, they will threaten to fire you. So yeah, a little favoritism and some serious double standards.

Advice to Management

Get serious guys, your managers are a joke, your cooks are all drug addicts, and your "mothership", it's more like a sinking ship, or a pirate ship, the only way it stays afloat is because of the Charlotte population boom. Treat your people better, they will treat your guests the same.

10. "Awesome company, except one thing..."

Former Employee - Server in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Server in Omaha, NE

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my time as a server at Firebirds in Omaha. The restaurant really cares about quality of food and service and is always adding great drinks and entrees to the menu. The staff is treated well, and it's by far the easiest and best paying server job I've had. The only thing that bothered me about working there was how strict they were about employee meals. I've never worked at a restaurant that only allowed 50% off for employees, ONLY between 2-4 pm if you worked that day, and only for about half the menu. It's a little thing, but it really makes a difference for a server.

Cons

Strict dress code, high expectations, lack of employee meals/discounts. You are expected to have a high level of professionalism that you may not have to at most serving jobs