Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Chief Executive Officer and President Mark Eason
Mark Eason

Pros
  • Great work environment with great food and management (in 15 reviews)

• Cool people, good food, and sometimes good money depending on the night (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's pretty standard to wait on one or two tables and get cut so that the closers can make money (in 6 reviews)

• Corporate limiting to 3 table sections is constricting on servers (in 5 reviews)

1. "Server"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money and great company. Delicious food and unique restaurant

Cons

No employee discounts on weekends and off days. No eating leftover food at the end of the night. No outside food/beverages allowed in the building.

2. "Review"

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time

Pros

Structured and engaging training staff. Adaptable management.

Cons

long commute front new address.

3. "Server"

Pros

Good food, great managers. Some of the best people I've ever worked for, actually. And my coworkers were great, too. Easy job and good check averages means pretty decent money.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I left because I moved.

5. "Best serving job ever"

Current Employee - Server in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Server in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and great management!! Training was very thorough and personal everyone is very helpful and upbeat!!! I love going to work everyday!!

Cons

None yet I have only been working there for two weeks. The management is very organized and really care about how I'm doing and my outlook for the future !

Advice to Management

None yet

6. "Great food, money good/ok, horrible management"

Current Employee - Food Server in Johnston, IA
    Current Employee - Food Server in Johnston, IA

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food is great. Busy in the winter but slow in the summer. There is No money in lunches, just dinners. The cooks do pretty well cooking and speak English. If you like being degraded and yelled at constantly.

Cons

Poor management. No positivity. Not clean.
    Management is constantly yelling and losing their tempers even in front of guests. They don't get along either.

Advice to Management

Get new managers.

"A great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say anything but positive's with Firebirds of Erie. This company Is awesome to work for (at least the Erie restaurant) and the employee's are all friendly and easy to get along with. The Management is fantastic from our GM Johanna, Service/bar manager Jim, "key" mangers Russel, and occasionally Haley as well as including our chefs Nick, JD, and Ray. Overall great place to work for in the food service industry you probably won't find anything better in the Erie Area.

Cons

-We frequently are out of bar glassware which makes it difficult sometimes to provide adequate service to our guest
    - Our Firebar gets outrageously busy on Friday's and can be chaotic with some of the clientele we have in Erie, but of course, if they can save that extra dollar before they get seated into the dinning room you bet they're going to

Advice to Management

Continue to be caring and upbeat with your staff. It is very much appreciated that you value everyone for what they can offer, as well as give your time to us when you are constantly busy managing a fully functional, and busy restaurant

8. "Horrible."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing satisfying came from the job besides talking to a few coworkers, but overall turned out to be a bad experience.

Cons

Management was pretty lazy when it came to certain situations. They were careless and made you feel belittled.

Advice to Management

Treat your workers better, all of them, on every single level. Have more consideration and be straight forward rather than lead people into a false sense of direction.

9. "Sales Director"

Former Employee - Sales Director in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great group of people to work with because of the corporations well- established company culture. This position is a wonderful way to get your foot in the door if you're new to an area or are wanting to build your social network. I highly would recommend this job to someone who doesn't have a college degree, looking for other experience outside of serving/ bar tending or as an entry level position.

Cons

Pay is lower than other restaurants that have Sales Directors. They don't provide any training in sales because it seems they don't have well developed sales strategies to promote any sort of catering/banquet advertising. Word of mouth is effective but they didn't provide the right materials to accomplish the job. It was difficult to gain business when no one was on your team.

Advice to Management

Provide more catering/banquet materials to your sales directors to give to potential guests & have the hosts/other staff members promote the business. Hire a Kitchen Catering Manager to help get orders out and organize deliveries/drivers. It is well worth the investment.

10. "Great place to work for!"

Former Employee - Hostess/Guest Assistant in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Hostess/Guest Assistant in Hoover, AL

I worked at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill (More than a year)

Pros

Positive, encouraging managers; created a fun, laid-back atmosphere while still being professional. Very much a family environment.

Cons

Managers were oftentimes on different pages as to what rules they chose to enforce which made it confusing for the workers.

11. "pros and cons"

I have been working at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill part-time

Pros

i need money so i applied here

Cons

i cannot eat all of the food

Advice to Management

no advice for management