KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare

10h

an

Occupational Therapist

I left my previous employer citing personal family issues. They were toxic, I honestly wasn’t sad to leave. Now one week later, they text me saying they heard I’m working at a hospital in the area and “tell me it isn’t true.” Im not working there… but weird they would say that? And I don’t even want to answer but I also don’t want them to hate me and ruin my reputation as a therapist in this small town. Im still onboarding at my new job. How do I respond?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Employee

Feb 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a new employee I appreciate Firefly Autism's employee-centered engagement as it pertains to feedback, onboarding, and overall consistency with progressing the company forward for employees and clients. The admin is extremely supportive and transparent with company communication while leading with empathy.

Cons

Technology could use a refresh. We've been informed this is something being looked at immediately.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Discrimination and lack of accommodations

Jun 20, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clients are awesome. Some colleagues were awesome too

Cons

One BCBA had it out for me from the get go, my concerns weren’t addressed. No accommodations were made for me while pregnant.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Save yourself

Jun 14, 2022 - TSS Worker in Lakewood, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great way to learn about the. field of ABA

Cons

takes advantage of staff, poor salary, dramatic work environment, admin staff don't care about you and make that clear, pizza partys and park days aren't enough incentive

4. 3.0

It's Fine

May 2, 2022 - Board Certified Behavior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Better than most for-profits. There's opportunities to get creative with your programming while still operating within your scope. You do have the opportunity to expand receive supervision to operate with guidance beyond your scope as needed.

Cons

Money, high turn over, the classic problems across the field exist here too.

5. 4.0

Home based services

Feb 20, 2022 - Clinical Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working with children Supportive CEO

Cons

Direct management is a mess No support from direct manager Terrible pay based on current inflation.

6. 4.0

BCBA Job Review

Dec 1, 2021 - Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic HBS admin, number of billable hours, support from fellow BCBAs and admin

Cons

Pay, drive time , scheduling, not enough RBTs

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Poor Management and Favoritism

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work feels important and gives you a sense of satisfaction when a client takes a step forward.

Cons

The work is physically and emotionally taxing, but that is the nature of the field. The real problem lies in the management and their level of favoritism towards specific staff. This problem stems from the top.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello and thanks for your input. We are glad that you found your work to be important and meaningful while you were with us at Firefly. We are also sad that you felt that there was favoritism amongst staff. If you wouldn't mind, please reach out to us at hr@fireflyautism.org, as we would appreciate your perspective so that we can further look into this.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run while you can

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-important mission -friendly line staff and clinicians -I don't really have anything else good to say other than that a pro is that if you haven't started working here yet, you still have time to avoid getting sucked in to the toxic "Firefly Family"

Cons

CEO more interested in personal glory/being at the center of the universe than the mission itself and very disconnected from the work of the organization -they ask staff to "volunteer" on the weekends and while it's voluntary (as in unpaid) it's not really optional if you want to keep your job

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, and thanks for your feedback. Please send us an email at hr@fireflyautism.org, as we would love to get to the bottom of why you felt your job was in jeopardy for not attending the volunteer events. Firefly has never forced anyone to attend volunteer events, and these are strictly optional for those who would like to participate in community involvement.

9. 1.0

Meh

Jun 4, 2021 - Administrative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helping kids and their families

Cons

Bad management, toxic work environment

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company I have ever worked for

Feb 17, 2021 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

excellent training, great co-workers and supervision, great hours, great pay

Cons

I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about Firefly!

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello! Thanks for your awesome feedback and kind words. We are so glad to have you on our team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews