Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews

Updated April 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good pay if you can make it to store manager (in 44 reviews)

• The company has some good benefits programs available (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance could be better (in 47 reviews)

• Long hours at times, sunday schedule (in 104 reviews)

1. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tucker, GA

I have been working at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many. I guess the discounts on car services is a plus. They seem to promote pretty fast.

Cons

The management is a joke! They speak to you very disrespectfully. The pay is not good, they offer bonus money based on sales performance. but it's peanuts.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who know how to be firm but not condecending. HR needs to get rid of bad managers instead of transfering the employees that complain about them.

2. "Former part time sales associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Firestone Complete Auto Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good old fashioned American company culture. Good work environment in most places, if management is good then co workers will reflect that.

Cons

Hours have gotten longer and more demanding over the years. There seem to be less holidays and stores are pushed to stay open, but this is common with retail across the board.

Advice to Management

Try to connect with your associates and technicians more sincerely, and be sympathetic to the demanding and rigorous schedule of work in retail.

3. "So much potential"

Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee? in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee? in Denver, CO

Pros

You can really help people, and they pay fairly well considering the industry.

Cons

Their HR department in terms of staffing, at least in CO is just the worst. There is tons of pressure on everyone from mechanics, sales and management to make sales goals from corporate. Corporate does little to nothing to keep the POS (point of sale locations) staffed. Therefore the understaffed crews are wildly over worked and then corporate comes in and goes "Well you didn't make numbers so no bonuses for you." It's awesome!

Advice to Management

Get staffing together, stop treating customers like they are right when they are lying, treat your employees like they are the most important thing to your future profit/success and maybe there will be some to enjoy?

5. "Best company in the area."

Current Employee - Senior Technician in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall the best pay and benefits for an automotive technician in the Mobile area. The hours are there if you are willing to hustle.

Cons

The hours are very long (most of us work 11 hour days) and you have to work most weekends. The hourly rate maxes out pretty early in your career and there isn't much room for growth.

6. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Garden Grove, CA

Pros

Large company with many locations. Compensation package is good if you inherit a profitable store.

Cons

Spend too many hours to build an unprofitable store. I worked 7 days/ week for some time.

Advice to Management

Things have change a bit.

7. "Bright lights turn to dim lamps"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Busy, bonus program, benefits, high demand

Cons

Long hours, just another number in the system, often promised the world and delivered nothing.

Advice to Management

You want to be among the top companies by 2020? Let's not procrastinate..

8. "Only good if you're the lead tech."

Former Employee - General Service Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - General Service Technician in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If I really had to find a pro to this job I guess it would be that it was a friendly atmosphere and everyone was willing to teach and help.

Cons

You aren't given much time on the hourly pay scale before they switch you to flat rate, and if you're the low man on the totem pole it's really hard to get the hours you need to pay the bills.

Advice to Management

You advice to the management would be to give new techs a little while longer on hourly pay so they can get used to how the shop operates.

9. "Women and Auto"

Former Employee - Technician in Meridian, MS
    Former Employee - Technician in Meridian, MS

I worked at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great chance to build experience with various builds and models of vehicles. I started here during my second year of auto training. Some of the team was great!
    The idea presented at training of working for Bridgestone is awesome.

Cons

Being a woman and working on a team with some of mechanics most competitive males was something to get use to. I was almost always given the oil changes and tire repairs purposefully by intimidated service managers. Yet, I consistently topped in flag time weekly.

When the company downsized the put me in this small room asking questions about the team and one of the newest members stealing time. I knew it was coming because it was all around the shop that an HRM was here to clean house.
    Long story short, I was offered severance and a career cut short pay while, certain mister(s) kept there jobs.
    These same male coworkers have had tires and oil filters fall off during customer vehicle operation which is documented as automatic termination.

Advice to Management

Hire a woman because shes a mechanic, because of her credentials
    Expect brains not beauty. Some women actually work.
    We also deserve the same pay!

10. "Retail"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Firestone Complete Auto Care (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits with advancement opportunities

Cons

Work very long hours & under staffed

11. "Great experience at Firestone."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Linden, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Linden, NJ

I have been working at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you know about cars and people then you will not have a problem. We don't fix cars we fix people. Be nice to the customers, sell, make a profit, and you have nothing to worry about. You have to be ready to put in the work. Overall great job.

Cons

Long hours, open 7 days a week, no pension, I have seen a lot of people come and go in just 1 year.