First American Equipment Finance Reviews in Fairport, NY | Glassdoor

Alan Sikora

"Marketing Intern"

Current Employee - Intern Marketing in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance for more than a year

Pros

Solid support system. Employees are extremely helpful and open to questions. An overall positive environment where everyone is motivated and working towards their own goal in a respectful yet driven manner.

Cons

401k not available for interns.

First American Equipment Finance2018-09-06

"It really is the best place to work"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance for more than a year

Pros

Ambitious and young company. Everyone, everyday, is happy to be at work and it shows. We love what we do, feel valued, appreciated, and are all supportive of each other. Most incredible work environment!

Cons

Can not name one bad thing

First American Equipment Finance2018-04-18

"Great People, Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Positive work environment Management is empowering Co-workers are helpful and enjoyable to work with Great work-life balance Opportunities for professional growth

Cons

Lengthy interview process but for all good reasons - they hire high-quality people so you know you're surrounded by motivated, positive people every single day.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and evolve

First American Equipment Finance2017-10-19

"Best Company and position I've ever experienced!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fairport, NY

Pros

First American has all the features and perks of a silicon valley company right here in Rochester! Of all the jobs I have ever had my earning potential and career opportunity have never been this great. Every day is enjoyable, from the incredible office space, technology and culture to the awesome people. There are more perks than I can count and plenty of opportunities to get to know colleagues. Sales colleagues have...

Cons

None. Love coming to work every day.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and keep up the good work!!

First American Equipment Finance2017-07-31

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fairport, NY

Pros

Fantastic group of people--have quickly become my family.

Cons

If you work hard and stay positive, there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep working on improving core benefits.

First American Equipment Finance2017-05-03

"The best of the best! Very Fortunate to be a part of FAEF!"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career with a company that invests in their employees! The interview process was lengthy but is very organized so that you know you are a good fit for them, and that they are a good fit for you. New employees are welcomed with open arms with a well thought out training schedule and even a welcome reception. It is apparent that the company spends significant time...

Cons

Be prepared for a lengthy interview process.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work First American!

First American Equipment Finance2017-03-07

"Great company with tremendous growth"

Current Employee - Analyst in Fairport, NY

Pros

First American is a great place to launch your career. The managers really care about getting you the resources you need to grow as a professional. Employees are rewarded for their hard work with many benefits, perks and company events. Every employee’s input is important and changes are always being implemented to meet staff needs.

Cons

The interview process is long but necessary to find hardworking and intelligent individuals.

First American Equipment Finance2017-03-03

"The Google of Finance"

Current Employee - Vice President in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

- Forward thinking & innovative - Creative freedom - Employee empowerment - Flat organizational structure - Complete open door policies - Highly transparent (which is funny because our office is also all glass!) - Wouldn't believe you'd find a company like this in Fairport, NY - we're silicon valley type organization in the country!

Cons

Company is growing so quickly it sometimes becomes a challenge to maintain the small company feel we had when I started. That said, we've done a lot to help keep team small, and even have a new hire reception every time someone is hired so there is plenty of opportunity for meet and greet early on.

First American Equipment Finance2017-02-14

"Great company to work for; especially for young, aspiring professionals"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Sales in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Hands-off management style if you are performing well, leadership trusts employees, you are encouraged to offer new ideas and better ways to do things, leadership gives you the freedom to execute on your ideas.

Cons

Sales role can take a long time (1-3 years) to ramp up

Advice to Management

As the company grows, keep trusting employees and empowering them to make decisions and improve the company.

First American Equipment Finance2017-02-14

"Long-time employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I've worked at First American for most of my career and have every intention of finishing my career. This is such a great company to work for - very employee focused, unbelievable benefits and perks and I LOVE my job. The company has been growing for it's entire history, growth and opportunity is unbelievable and the people here are really valued. I've learned things and had experiences that I don't think I would have...

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and things change fast. If you don't like change or responsibility, then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

First American Equipment Finance2016-03-31