First American Equipment Finance Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

4.7
First American Equipment Finance President and CEO Alan Sikora
Alan Sikora

"Best place to work with and for - and getting better"

Current Employee - Analyst in Rochester, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Everyone is engaging, intelligent, and proactive. Everyone is great to work for and with, both with each other and with customers. - Effort is taken to put you in a team that you will respond and work best with based on your personality, strengths, and skills. - Exemplary work is credited and acknowledged. Everyone strives to go above and beyond. - Extremely open to improvement. Most colleagues are well aware of the company's shortcomings and faults, and action items are taken to ensure issues are met - nothing just sits in committee. - Coworkers are open-minded and welcoming.

Cons

- Teams can feel silo-ed - Diversity at the company is particularly limited, although (see: pros) many minority coworkers have helped form initiatives and committees that are changing this.

"Great Place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President Project MAnager

I worked at First American Equipment Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Treat their employees very well.

Cons

You will sit at a desk in front of computer all day, rarely ever changes

"Awesome Company"

5.0

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment, and a ton of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Nothing really. I've worked at other places where there were legit cons. With FAEF I'd really have to nitpick. Overall an awesome place.

"AVP"

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time

Pros

Company Culture is Amazing and every employee is valued for their contribution

Cons

. . . . .

"Vice President"

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time

Pros

First American is the career opportunity of a lifetime. I feel fortunate to have found this company and hope to work here for many years to come.

Cons

The health insurance is expensive

"Dream Job!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Never thought I'd find a job/company that I genuinely love so early into my career, but First American is all that and then some. It's inspiring to come to work every day surrounded by passionate, hard-working people who have your best interest in mind.

Cons

Salaries amongst Marketing team members can vary greatly. Not much transparency.

"Account Manager"

I worked at First American Equipment Finance

Pros

Great culture, great leadership, great mission. For a leasing company, it doesn't get any better.

Cons

Not a very exciting industry. Not much has changed in the last 50 years with equipment leasing, and most likely much won't change going forward.

Continue reading

"Great People, Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fairport, NY

Pros

Positive work environment Management is empowering Co-workers are helpful and enjoyable to work with Great work-life balance Opportunities for professional growth

Cons

Lengthy interview process but for all good reasons - they hire high-quality people so you know you're surrounded by motivated, positive people every single day.

Continue reading

"Best Company and position I've ever experienced!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fairport, NY

Pros

First American has all the features and perks of a silicon valley company right here in Rochester! Of all the jobs I have ever had my earning potential and career opportunity have never been this great. Every day is enjoyable, from the incredible office space, technology and culture to the awesome people. There are more perks than I can count and plenty of opportunities to get to know colleagues. Sales colleagues have plenty of freedom to develop a business that meets their skill sets and achieve BIG results.

Cons

None. Love coming to work every day.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Rochester, NY

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about this company. The leadership is incredible, honest, and very forward thinking. Throughout the year multiple surveys go out to ask for any changes or improvements we would like to see in action and then those topics are immediately addressed and shared with the company (I know this because I am on a team that reviews and discusses survey results directly with the CEO). The company is very thorough with the hiring process and because of this I can honestly say there is not a single person I work with that I do not enjoy working alongside. Lastly, I've never heard or come across such a rewarding compensation and benefits package in every way you can think - in fact, in just my first year I found myself on an all expenses paid vacation to Grand Cayman where I got to bond with my coworkers for a week which makes the work environment feel more like being with family.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything

Found 40 reviews