First American Equipment Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
First American Equipment Finance President and CEO Alan Sikora
Alan Sikora

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great People, Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment
    Management is empowering
    Co-workers are helpful and enjoyable to work with
    Great work-life balance
    Opportunities for professional growth

Cons

Lengthy interview process but for all good reasons - they hire high-quality people so you know you're surrounded by motivated, positive people every single day.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and evolve

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Rochester, NY

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about this company. The leadership is incredible, honest, and very forward thinking. Throughout the year multiple surveys go out to ask for any changes or improvements we would like to see in action and then those topics are immediately addressed and shared with the company (I know this because I am on a team that reviews and discusses survey results directly with the CEO). The company is very thorough with the hiring process and because of this I can honestly say there is not a single person I work with that I do not enjoy working alongside. Lastly, I've never heard or come across such a rewarding compensation and benefits package in every way you can think - in fact, in just my first year I found myself on an all expenses paid vacation to Grand Cayman where I got to bond with my coworkers for a week which makes the work environment feel more like being with family.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to all employees as we grow

"Best Company and position I've ever experienced!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fairport, NY

Pros

First American has all the features and perks of a silicon valley company right here in Rochester! Of all the jobs I have ever had my earning potential and career opportunity have never been this great. Every day is enjoyable, from the incredible office space, technology and culture to the awesome people. There are more perks than I can count and plenty of opportunities to get to know colleagues. Sales colleagues have plenty of freedom to develop a business that meets their skill sets and achieve BIG results.

Cons

None. Love coming to work every day.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and keep up the good work!!

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fairport, NY

Pros

Fantastic group of people--have quickly become my family.

Cons

If you work hard and stay positive, there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep working on improving core benefits.

"The best of the best! Very Fortunate to be a part of FAEF!"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career with a company that invests in their employees! The interview process was lengthy but is very organized so that you know you are a good fit for them, and that they are a good fit for you. New employees are welcomed with open arms with a well thought out training schedule and even a welcome reception. It is apparent that the company spends significant time investing in new employees to make sure they are trained properly and starting off on the right foot.

Technology is the best of the best, everyone has a mac computer and access to great IT staff. It is reassuring to be backed by so many people that are always there to help.

Great pay, great benefits. One of FAEF's main objectives is to be the best company to work for and they are doing a great job succeeding at it!

Cons

Be prepared for a lengthy interview process.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work First American!

"Great company with tremendous growth"

Current Employee - Analyst in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Fairport, NY

Pros

First American is a great place to launch your career. The managers really care about getting you the resources you need to grow as a professional. Employees are rewarded for their hard work with many benefits, perks and company events. Every employee’s input is important and changes are always being implemented to meet staff needs.

Cons

The interview process is long but necessary to find hardworking and intelligent individuals.

"The Google of Finance"

Current Employee - Vice President in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Forward thinking & innovative
    - Creative freedom
    - Employee empowerment
    - Flat organizational structure
    - Complete open door policies
    - Highly transparent (which is funny because our office is also all glass!)
    - Wouldn't believe you'd find a company like this in Fairport, NY - we're silicon valley type organization in the country!

Cons

Company is growing so quickly it sometimes becomes a challenge to maintain the small company feel we had when I started. That said, we've done a lot to help keep team small, and even have a new hire reception every time someone is hired so there is plenty of opportunity for meet and greet early on.

"Great company to work for; especially for young, aspiring professionals"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Sales in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Sales in Fairport, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hands-off management style if you are performing well, leadership trusts employees, you are encouraged to offer new ideas and better ways to do things, leadership gives you the freedom to execute on your ideas.

Cons

Sales role can take a long time (1-3 years) to ramp up

Advice to Management

As the company grows, keep trusting employees and empowering them to make decisions and improve the company.

"Best sales job in Rochester"

Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company offers the best of both worlds - the support and stability of a large employer, and the personality and family feel of a mom and pop shop. There are no limits on the income potential in the sales department, and the base + commission + bonus compensation package can be extremely lucrative. Management is accessible and open to suggestions on how to make the company even better. I don't ever want to work anywhere else.

Cons

There could be some improvements in the work/life balance, allowing colleagues to work from home and have greater freedom to manage their work when/where fits their needs. There have been advancements in this area in the past year or so, and some openness to greater flexibility moving forward.

Advice to Management

As long as management stays true to the culture and values on which the company was founded, First American has found the recipe for success.

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time

Pros

Managers care about their employees
    Good training system
    Innovative
    A lot of good initiatives
    Managers encourage innovation and welcome new ideas

Cons

Relatively low pay in the area
    A lot of newer employees which could make training more time consuming and difficult

Advice to Management

Keep the good work