First American Payment Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

First American Payment Systems CEO Neil Randel
Neil Randel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"The professional atmosphere at First American outshines other organizations in the industry."

Current Employee - A/P & A/R Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - A/P & A/R Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and extra perks that the H/R team bring so employees. Fast-paced environment, so there is never a dull moment. The payments processing industry is ever changing and this leads to great opportunities to grow professionally.

Cons

Sometimes the pace gets exhausting, but that's why we have vacation days, right? Communication to support staff is a bit lacking.

Advice to Management

Communicate to lower level employees more often and with meaningful information, let them see you and hear some of the innovative ways the business is making its claim in the industry.

Feb 20, 2017 – Content Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you have enjoyed working with us. We appreciate your advice and will take that into consideration.

2. "Great when its great"

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

High degree of autonomy

Cons

Sheer information overload and ever-growing list of job responsibilities

Aug 15, 2017 – Content Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to have you on the team and hope we can continue to provide you with a great work environment!

3. "Stagnant company with no growth opportunities"

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Decent benefits in terms of what all they offer but prices go up every year, tuition reimbursement and a gym downstairs, location nice being in downtown but expect traffic. CEO and executives were very friendly people to everyone. HR department provided good culture.

Cons

Don't expect a raise (the company is not giving raises this year and in the past, raises were minimal under 3%). This has caused a lot of people to leave in the past 6 months since growth opportunities both financially and career wise are nonexistent for the most part. There is favoritism between bosses/employees in many departments on who gets promoted/raises/perks despite accomplishments/positive results you may contribute. Poor PTO the first two years with no time off your first 6 months.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees who do a good job with at least cost of living raises, otherwise you will continue to lose people. Be open to new ideas that employees have to offer and communicate with your team on expectations.

Aug 14, 2017 – Content Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you felt that like your ideas were not heard and we will take that into consideration and work to improve on that.

4. "Great workplace!"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Lots of benefits and perks. Opportunities for advancement. Many training tools to help you succeed. Employees are rewarded for good work and recognized for their achievements.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!

5. "Life at FAPS"

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is easy to get hired. The pay is ok. We get the option to dress comfy throughout the summer. Of course you have to donate some of your pay check, but it goes to a good cause. The benefits are ok your normal PTO, sick time, and 401k. We do get additional personal days for certain holidays. That is a nice perk. The people here make the atmosphere of the office enjoyable.

Cons

Insurance. Well, I'll leave this thought with you when you are told during the benefits meeting that no other insurance company wanted to us on. Raises more than likely non exsistant anymore with all the new branding going on. Not to mention if you do get a raise you wouldn't be able to tell because insurance cost goes up every year and will eat that increase. Moving around or up is nearly impossible unless you cozy up to the right people. You can exceed every expectation and you will still be over looked and someone else that has either been there longer or knows the right person will move on while you are stuck. Tenure means more than performance and that's sad. Good way to lose outstanding employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate!!!!!! An occasional good job or acknowledgment goes a long way. Find things to keep morale and momentum going.

Jul 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it and will certainly take it into consideration.

6. "Company going on the decline"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Flexibility with schedule. Tuition reimbursement, some of the employees are nice people.

Cons

Omg i don't know were to start, first the insurance raises every year. The raises are a thing of the past with this company and if by chance you do get a raise its almost laughable because the amount of money the insurance goes up pretty much offsets the raise. The people that work here are even worse, some are stand up honest people but its to many interoffice relationships and office relative relationships for me. Room for advancement is slim to none. You may get a bonus but don't hold your breath for it. I rally did enjoy working here but the more years that go by i find myself hating it more and more.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better by making them feel they are worth something instead of just treating them like they are expendable.

Jun 19, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you aren't having a good experience working for us however, we appreciate your feedback.

7. "Good company"

Pros

Rapidly growing company
    Mid size company with small company feel
    Long tenure of EEs

Cons

Work life balance
    Management goal communication

Advice to Management

Plan strategic goals in line with staffing requirements to help with overworking staff

Jul 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it hearing it and having you on our team.

8. "Life at FAPs"

Former Employee - Risk in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Risk in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy workload.
    Coworkers were awesome and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Pay is not so good.

Advice to Management

Talk to your workers instead of avoiding them.

Feb 20, 2017 – Content Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review! Glad to hear you enjoyed working with us.

9. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great health benefits at a fair cost share to employee with several levels of service to choose from. Plenty of room for advancement for those that excel. I've been promoted 5+ times during my time with this company.

Cons

Starting wages are low, but when you add in the benefits provided at no cost to the employee the take home pay is average.

Feb 20, 2017 – Content Marketing Coordinator

Glad to hear you have enjoyed working for us! Thanks for leaving a positive review.

"Customer Service Rep/Techinal Support"

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

The hours was great for the shift I was looking for

Cons

Having to learn all them different POS for little pay

Feb 20, 2017 – Content Marketing Coordinator

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience working for us. We appreciate your feedback.