First American Payment Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2020

3.3
First American Payment Systems CEO  Neil Randel
Neil Randel
Pros
  • "Tuition reimbursement, some of the employees are nice people(in 7 reviews)

• "Few companies in Fort Worth so good for Tarrant County residents looking for work(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales reps will lie to new merchants about fees and then you're the one being blamed on for it(in 3 reviews)

• "Upper management tends to listen to and favor someone higher up the chain, non peons(in 3 reviews)

1. "Good"

5.0

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Compassionate company to work for.

Cons

I have not come across any

May 26, 2020DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

Thank you for your note. We look forward to continued success.

2. COVID-19

"Good work, good experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Security Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team Good, varied experience Plenty of opportunity to learn

Cons

COVID-related layoffs in the company.

June 8, 2020DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

Thank you for the positive review. Your comments are valuable as we develop new programs and training opportunities to improve the organization.

3. "Mostly okay place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Realistic expectations for SDLC timelines; Paid downtown parking; Exercise facilities onsite with compensation.

Cons

Mediocre health benefits; Company layoffs largely targeting people in IT they don't like personally, rather than just getting rid of low performers or most recent hires; Workload increasing due to decreasing staff in layoffs.

June 22, 2020DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

First American strives to provide programs and opportunities that improve the organization and enhance employee satisfaction. We encourage you to contact HR to discuss the concerns you expressed. Thank you.

"Family Oriented"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee recognition and time flexibility.

Cons

Very Siloed environment, no cohesiveness.

June 1, 2020DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

Thank you for your comments. Feedback such as this is valuable as we develop new employee programs and assess the needs of the organization as it continues to grow.

5. "Okay if you don't mind being constantly verbally abused by callers and being blamed for it by supervisors"

Current Employee - Customer Service/Technical Support in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay. Indoors. Paid training. Big and clean break room. Very low volume of calls after 6 pm.

Cons

Inconsistent policies. Sales reps will lie to new merchants about fees and then you're the one being blamed on for it. You can't do anything right in the eyes of the supervisors. One call resolution even if the issue is obviously unresolvable because various departments dont answer their phone and you end e-mailing them and have to ecplain it to the merchant. They lowkey don't like for you to get up and use the bathroom. Expect to do so much with your hands tied behind your back. Its mind crippling.

May 18, 2020DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

Thank you for your feedback. First American strives to provide superior service both to our customers and each other. We ask that you contact HR directly to share your concerns.

"Allows Harrassment and UNDERPAYS."

I worked at First American Payment Systems

Pros

No pros in my opinion.

Cons

They allow harrassment, underpay for the position 28k when other places give you 38k - 58k and bonus. You might get a $.40 raise every year. That means you work for 13 years to get to the normal starting rate.

April 27, 2020DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. First American doesn’t tolerate harassment of any kind and we ask that you contact HR or call our employee hotline to share your concerns.

"Not a place I would recommend"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few good people in different areas of the company

Cons

Upper Management. Human Resources.

August 22, 2019Marketing Content Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at First American was not positive and welcome the opportunity to address your concerns. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email HR@first-american.net.

"Beware"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some really nice coworkers Few companies in Fort Worth so good for Tarrant County residents looking for work Nice lobby?

Cons

Company not hitting any growth goals Lots of distrust and backbiting among management High turnover due to stagnant salaries and bad leadership Health insurance is not accepted anywhere and covers nothing Oh and you have to celebrate the executives birthdays and wear tshirts with their faces on them

June 19, 2019Marketing Content Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at First American was not positive. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees so we are disappointed to hear about your experience. This year we have expanded our health insurance network, offering our employees access to even more physicians and facilities. We are open to all ways we can improve our environment and will use your feedback to help achieve this. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email HR@first-american.net.

9. "Not Bad"

4.0
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outside sales residuals were pretty good

Cons

Not much I can say

April 23, 2019Marketing Content Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed working with us.

10. "Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing"

Former Employee - Software Developer III in Camden, NJ

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nobody has to know anything

Cons

Everything, manager is a drunk and so long as you update jira with bs, your good.

May 17, 2019Marketing Content Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at First American was not positive. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees so we are disappointed to hear about your experience. We encourage all our employees to report any concerns directly to their supervisor or Human Resources. We are open to all ways we can improve our environment and will use your feedback to help achieve this. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email HR@first-american.net.

Found 73 reviews