KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Oct 9, 2021

Found 92 of over 94 reviews

First American Payment Systems CEO  Neil Randel
Neil Randel
Pros
  • "Tuition reimbursement, some of the employees are nice people(in 7 reviews)

• "The management team is friendly and very supportive(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Bonuses are non existent as well as raises but yet upper management rides around in luxury cars(in 4 reviews)

• "company, the technology is more out dated than any place I have ever worked(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

83 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Technology company with great benefits and high growth potential

Aug 30, 2021 - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Nimble environment *Outstanding dedication to customer service

Cons

There are none at this time.

Director of Communications

Thanks for the kind words! First American has worked to build its well-earned reputation by providing outstanding customer service and support.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

You are seen as easily replaceable

Oct 9, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They provide snacks, very thorough with your monthly call review, 2 days Personal day when you start, College aid if major is Business related, big cafeteria lounge,

Cons

Must be there at least 6 month to start earning PTO, Casual dressing that costs $10 per check, managers are not empathetic towards employees but demand empathy for every single call even if caller is extremely abusive. No COVID-10 measures except wear a mask by choice and seated by every other desk distance but still have several people walk by you and no social distancing. The only to secure a chance to go up in the company is to kiss up to the managers or be the cheeriest in the room. I met several cs reps that were already there for 3 years and saw people who set foot barely a year in and got promoted to corporate?

Director of Communications

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts so that we may continue to make First American the best company it can be. We’d like to know more about your individual situation and ask that you contact your HR representative as we do not discuss personnel matters publicly. In the meantime, we want to alleviate some of the concerns you expressed regarding COVID protocols. In addition to wearing masks, we continue to encourage social distancing and primarily utilize video meetings, ”high touch” areas receive more frequent cleaning, and masks/sanitizers/Lysol wipes are provided at no charge to employees. Moreover, we are offering free COVID shots to those who are unvaccinated. Should you have concerns, please discuss those with your HR representative as well. Thank you.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not open to growth

Sep 7, 2021 - Product Owner in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid parking, CEO very involved in giving back to the community.

Cons

Silo vision and no cooperation or openness to change, communication, or growth.

Director of Communications

We always value feedback from our employees and appreciate you taking time to provide your comments. First American strives to provide a collaborative and innovative work environment, and we would like to learn more about opportunities for improvement. Please reach out to your HR representative and share your thoughts. Thank you.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Thought this was a good company.

Apr 30, 2021 - Anonymous Position in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Semi-relaxed pace, some nice people.

Cons

ALL THE REVIEWS HERE ARE TRUE! Antiquated technology way of thinking. Instead of allowing employees to donate to their own causes, you're highly encouraged to donate $10 per pay check to the CFO's "pet" cause which allows you to dress casual. Lack of diversity in all management areas. It's a haven of racism, nepotism, and sexism - in the lobby is Fox News on the big screen blaring at you when you walk in - should be a clue to anyone who walks in the door! Bad Managers throughout the company. Forced to return to office during Covid 19; when working from home was working.

5 people found this review helpful

Director of Communications

We are disheartened to learn of your dissatisfaction via Glassdoor and ask that you speak with a member of your Human Resources team immediately. First American strives to create a work environment that generates opportunities for employees to grow their skills and advance their careers, and when you speak with HR, you are encouraged to address your specific concerns. The company, like many others, converted a number of employees to work-from-home positions for several months during the pandemic; however, that work model is not sustainable for the long-term. We continue to work to protect the health of our employees now that we are back in the office and, again, ask that you bring any concerns you may have to the attention of your supervisor or directly to HR. Thank you.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

May 9, 2021 - Vice President in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company with great management. Professional environment and exciting industry. Opportunity to learn and grow with company. Excellent benefits and talented, hardworking coworkers.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Director of Communications

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are sharing your 5-star review with the Human Resources team.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Company

Mar 23, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career opportunity and advancement in most depts

Cons

Lack of 2020 Management, feels like culture could use some work

DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

We love the 4-star review, but want to know more about your comments so that we have the opportunity to respond and, if needed, course correct. We have shared your post with HR and ask that you reach out directly to them so that they may review your specific concerns and potentially discuss improvements within your division. Thank you.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

No raises/Forced back into office

Oct 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, hours, and casual wear

Cons

rarely get a yearly raise and forced to come back in office when not necessary during a pandemic

2 people found this review helpful

DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

We are disappointed to learn about your frustration via Glassdoor as First American strives to create a work environment that generates opportunities for employees to expand their skills and grow their careers. Your comment has been shared with Human Resources and we ask that you reach out to a member of that team directly to discuss the specific items you addressed. Thank you.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Okay if you don't mind being constantly verbally abused by callers and being blamed for it by supervisors

May 15, 2020 - Customer Service/Technical Support in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Indoors. Paid training. Big and clean break room. Very low volume of calls after 6 pm.

Cons

Inconsistent policies. Sales reps will lie to new merchants about fees and then you're the one being blamed on for it. You can't do anything right in the eyes of the supervisors. One call resolution even if the issue is obviously unresolvable because various departments dont answer their phone and you end e-mailing them and have to ecplain it to the merchant. They lowkey don't like for you to get up and use the bathroom. Expect to do so much with your hands tied behind your back. Its mind crippling.

1 person found this review helpful

DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

Thank you for your feedback. First American strives to provide superior service both to our customers and each other. We ask that you contact HR directly to share your concerns.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Na

Sep 29, 2020 - IDK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Location, onsite parking and large break room

Cons

There is little appreciation for hard working individuals at this company. Alot of families work here and those individuals get promoted quickly to high positions, favoritism and nepotism runs deep in the company. Seems like every other year they find a reason not to give raises, the insurance continues to go up. They provide training several months prior on rolling new products out. Insurance costs go up every year. They want their employee to offer ideas and solutions but never actually implement them. I have seen managment send people home for illnesses when they come back they are terminated for other absences they had previously. They do not keep all employees on the same page . Management picks will be selected for projects that could lead ton promotion or time off the phones. Their computer systems are out dated . Some people will get numerous calls one right after the other while others are sitting there waiting for a call. They refuse to try to fix the system to rotate calls to ring the first available. You get kicked out of your system numerous times .

3 people found this review helpful

DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

Feedback such as this, although not what we hope to hear, provides valuable opportunity for us to review programs and assess the needs of the organization. We have shared your post with HR and ask that you reach out directly to them so that they may review your specific concerns and potentially discuss improvements within your division. Thank you.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

If you work here, start looking for another job after 6 months or 1 year.

Apr 13, 2021 - Loss Prevention Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of your co workers are supportive and nice. It's the management and supervisors you need to watch out for.

Cons

Understaffed, over worked, manager was sexist and a bigot. Punished for trying to improve yourself and apply for other positions. This company rewards bad managers.

Director of Communications

First American strives to create a work environment that generates opportunities for employees to expand their skills and grow their career, and we are disappointed to learn about your experience via Glassdoor. Your comments have been shared with Human Resources and we ask that you reach out to a member of that team to discuss your specific concerns and potentially discuss improvements within this department/division. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Reviews