First American Payment Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

First American Payment Systems CEO Neil Randel
Neil Randel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes Business owners are just plain rude and treat you like a minimum wage servant (in 3 reviews)

• Supervisors/Team Leads can be rude or arrogant towards lower level employees when they seek assistance on calls (in 3 reviews)

1. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Exciting and fast paced industry, strong management team, good salary and benefits.

Cons

Things change quickly in this industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Great Place"

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Great place to work with great benefits located in downtown Fort Worth.

Cons

Politics can weigh heavily in some aspects of the company. Other than that, pay could be more competitive.

3. "Great Company with good people"

Pros

Career advancement, great location and good people

Cons

Parking, Benefit Cost Sharing and Work Schedules are not flexible

"Unethical business"

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free use of the building gym. Vacation time after only 6 months of employment. Casual dress code.

Cons

Be prepared for information overload. There is so much to remember so there are always mistakes made. What’s worse is the QA department gets to decide if the mistake goes on your record. Basically, they make a game out of it and its condescending. There is major nepotism in the company. Most employees have relatives that also work there. Advancement is impossible. Raises were not given the last 2 years; however, you will get the monthly email announcing a promotion for an executive for a ridiculous title. Although most open jobs list requirements, the company will hire anyone. A person hired in my department had no administrative experience, had never previously used Excel, and made the same wage as me. Most disturbing is the deceiving business practices used against customers. They overcharge their customers for everything, and the reviews for this company online speak for themselves. My own manager stated the company focuses on small to medium business owners because they are more likely to not read contracts and are easily persuaded. Managers encourage you to be rude to other employees of other departments. You have to park 3 blocks away in a lot filled with pot holes and walk to the building. It was an extremely stressful job for low pay!

Advice to Management

Focus on training your employees instead of relying on other employees to train themselves. Also, don't encourage rudeness when someone asks a question. It should be a team environment especially since there is so much to learn.

Nov 27, 2017

Thank you for your submitting your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at First American was not positive. We will take your comments into consideration.

"ACT Specialist"

Current Employee - ACT Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - ACT Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teammates, paid holidays, quick sick time accrual and guaranteed personal days off

Cons

Reactive vs. proactive management, underpaid, private company instead of public

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We are the eyes and ears on the ground of the company and we have suggestions about how things can be better.

6. "It’s not a really bad place to work."

Pros

Location! I love working in downtown! It’s also 20 min away from my home. The department is fully staffed and my training sessions were thorough and adequate to do my job

Cons

Pay!! They need to pay employees what they are truly worth and consider the experience that is brought to the company.

Advice to Management

Work WITH your employees not at them! Be ready to get “dirty” too!!

7. "Long Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I've been working for First American for years. I love the atmosphere. The management team is friendly and very supportive. The benefits are generous. Considering the cost of insurance these days, I'm glad to have coverage and I love that we have an HSA option.

Cons

The no raise issue the last few years will continue to come up with every employee that has been affected. It is hard to bear not having a standard of living raise each year but I do understand the overlying reasoning. Hope to hear differently in the coming months.

8. "Great when its great"

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

High degree of autonomy

Cons

Sheer information overload and ever-growing list of job responsibilities

Aug 15, 2017 – Content Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to have you on the team and hope we can continue to provide you with a great work environment!

9. "Stagnant company with no growth opportunities"

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Decent benefits in terms of what all they offer but prices go up every year, tuition reimbursement and a gym downstairs, location nice being in downtown but expect traffic. CEO and executives were very friendly people to everyone. HR department provided good culture.

Cons

Don't expect a raise (the company is not giving raises this year and in the past, raises were minimal under 3%). This has caused a lot of people to leave in the past 6 months since growth opportunities both financially and career wise are nonexistent for the most part. There is favoritism between bosses/employees in many departments on who gets promoted/raises/perks despite accomplishments/positive results you may contribute. Poor PTO the first two years with no time off your first 6 months.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees who do a good job with at least cost of living raises, otherwise you will continue to lose people. Be open to new ideas that employees have to offer and communicate with your team on expectations.

Aug 14, 2017 – Content Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you felt that like your ideas were not heard and we will take that into consideration and work to improve on that.

10. "Great workplace!"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Lots of benefits and perks. Opportunities for advancement. Many training tools to help you succeed. Employees are rewarded for good work and recognized for their achievements.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!