First Cash Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rick L. Wessel

Pros
  • Pleasant work environment, opportunities for advancement, benefits offered are insurance and 401 (k) is a great plus (in 3 reviews)

• the aspect of the job really excited me thinking ill be doing what "pawn stars" does (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The management team should be fired and replaced with people that have actually worked all positions of the company (in 3 reviews)

• Working at their pawn shop was the worst decision i could've made (in 3 reviews)

1. "fcp"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at First Cash Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great starting company to introduce you into management

Cons

there is little to no time dedicated to your family if you plan on being highly successful

"Their seems to be a serious lack of professionalism."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly compensation + commission. The job is nor difficult. And there is plenty of room for advancement.

Cons

Lack of professionalism, respect, and common courtesy. ZERO support. Very little training that counts.

Advice to Management

STOP PROMOTING PEOPLE TO A LEVEL OF INCOMPETENCE.

3. "Management needs a facelift"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, MO

Pros

Working with other employees and getting to laugh at some of the random customers we get.......

Cons

No Advancement available....... The management team should be fired and replaced with people that have actually worked all positions of the company.

Advice to Management

Maybe don't have a list of new rules every other week. You ruined a good thing.... I did over a Million in sales each year and because of limiting factors put on by people that have never had a customer service job in their life they decide to change all the guidelines every week and now our sales will plummit.

"You don't just have to negotiate with customers."

Current Employee - Manager in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Tyler, TX

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customers can be great. Get to see some interesting items.

Cons

Supervisors play games with their managers, micro manage their stores instead of letting the managers do the job they are there to do. If you are not in the "group of buddies" you are completely on your own. You are constantly told you are replaceable. Rules and expectations change daily. Depends on the area supervisors mood on which rules are important this week. Market managers are not approachable treat even the managers like they are dirt "unless you are in the click of buddies" rules apply to all frontline employees but not upper management. They make sure you know they are not only above you but are above reproach.

Advice to Management

Giving them advice is about like talking to a brick wall.
    Once the company's stock drops another 10 points maybe CEO or COO will take notice.

"This company needs an all around makeover."

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I gained a lot of experience doing a variety of things. Loans, check cashing,doing pawns, customer service. Also possibility for commission & I loved my customers I met some of the nicest people working there.

Cons

No breaks, can't leave the store, the pay isn't good compared to other companies. Sometimes they will raise the budgets high just so they won't pay you commission. The benefits suck. They don't have any employee appreciation anything...My Supervisor was UNBEARABLE! The raise that I got my second year was laughable considering all of the traveling, training other employees that I've done for the company. They don't have clear cut procedures so all Supervisors contradict themselves. The turnover rate is RIDICULOUS!

Advice to Management

Do away with all of the paper signing, that's the number one customer complaint. You need to implement a debit card machine as well, other companies are ahead in terms of technology. Most importantly try to do things to show employees you appreciate them. We couldn't even get a holiday party. Also if you didn't take so long to promote people you wouldn't have such an issue keeping the stores staffed.

"Stay away!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at First Cash Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At first I really enjoyed working here! I made a lot of connections and got to know a lot people! I made great commission checks, but the hourly pay really sucked!

Cons

Since this company is commission based, there is a large rivalry for customers. Pay sucks and they have a horrible turn over rate! Why do you think they are ALWAYS hiring as opposed to competitors!
    Management sucks and so do veteran employees! They are afraid that you will replace them! They are not honest with their money at the end of the night!

Advice to Management

Start reviewing cameras at registers! Not every shortage or overage is reported! Overages are saved to the side to replace shortages on other days! Treat employees fairly and always motivate!

"Socialism and babysitting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Pros

Relaxed work environment, casual attire, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Lack of technology, Socialization is a priority, to many "clicks". Baby sitting of employees and too much hand holding. Middle management lacks knowledge and expertise. Work overload, no praise, no merit, and no promotion because there's no where to get promoted to.

Advice to Management

Get into the 20th century with technology. Hire managers with knowledge and expertise in their fields. Professionalism needs to be a priority and not socialism.

"A company that is growing very quickly with many opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Pros

The culture at first cash is very laid back with a do your job and we'll leave you alone attitude. The benefit is that it is very comfortable and low stress. The executives are doing a good job of growing the company and the stock price continues to climb in both good and bad economies.

Cons

The company does not provide opportunities for growth or development. You will more than likely stay in the position you are hired into, many qualified coworkers were passed up for promotions in favor of outside help.

Advice to Management

provide resources for career planning and advancement. Provide more feedback.

9. "pawnbroker"

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time

Pros

almost always get your 40 hours , customers are fun

Cons

Awful benefits , and to much favoritism!!

Advice to Management

please stop sleeping around with employees

"Revolving Door of Managers."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Trying to make difference in peoples life who needs help.

Cons

Customers are not sen as actual people but commodities.

Advice to Management

Vision for the store should be a two way street.