First Command Financial Services District Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor

First Command Financial Services District Advisor Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2018

Found 2 reviews

5.0
First Command Financial Services CEO J. Scott Spiker (no image)
J. Scott Spiker
  1. "Amazing and family-oriented!"

Current Contractor - District Advisor in Columbia, SC

I have been working at First Command Financial Services for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for this company for 7 years (2 as an employee and 5 as an independent contractor). It is a tough business and a lot of work, but I can't imagine doing it through another firm. They truly are striving to put the client first and then their people in the field. That can't be said often enough of this industry.

Cons

Eventually you are running your own business so maintaining a healthy work/live balance can be challenging. At times there are disconnects with the Home Office and the field, but when those occur, I feel they truly try to reconcile those.

Advice to Management

Keep working with the field to determine how we move forward. Boots on the ground intel is invaluable to determining our road ahead.

First Command Financial Services2018-03-22

"No better company to work in the financial services industry for."

Current Employee - District Advisor

I have been working at First Command Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to help clients build a true financial plan, work with service members to maximize their benefits and plan for their transition, and no better opportunity for a truly rewarding career in the financial services industry. I started with this company at 22 and seven years later I could not have made a better choice.

Cons

No hidden illusion of success. You get what you put into this career. Nothing is given to you, but following field leadership's guidance and putting your heart and soul into this career will yield results.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize talent both young and old and put those who truly care in position to maximize their abilities.

First Command Financial Services2014-08-12