First Commonwealth Bank Client Service Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

2.9
First Commonwealth Bank CEO T. Michael Price
T. Michael Price
  1. "Improving the financial lives of our neighbors and their businesses."

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Indiana, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

FCB has always been flexible and lenient with me, seeing as how I am still in Graduate School. They've always been willing to teach me, mentor, and aid in my development-- in and out of the office. It seems fairly easy to move up and/or out and experience other departments.

Cons

FCB has always treated me well-- no complaints over here! In my current position, I sometimes become bored or need a new goal, but, that is something may be specific to me and my ambitions.

Advice to Management

Maybe a little less micromanaging, other than that, keep doing what you are doing!

First Commonwealth Bank2017-07-03
  2. "Decent place to work that really cares about employees"

Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in Greensburg, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really care about their employees and mostly everyone there is really nice. The benefits are excellent, and they are pretty good at being flexible with schedules especially for families.

Cons

Systems are old and slow. A big hodgepodge mess of things. I have at least 15-20 userids/passwords to keep track of

Advice to Management

Be more open to process improvements from people with different backgrounds.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-11-26

"The stress of carrying the world on your shoulders."

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Specialist in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Direct supervisors are extremely knowledgeable. Fellow employees are kind and compassionate. Holiday pay, PTO (although you must earn it month to month), dental/vision, 401k.

Cons

Plans to stop Shift Differential, Health Insurance cost is a joke for part timers (as well as PTO). ***Redefining full time as 30-35 hours a week (I assume benefit cuts are next on the list). As someone else has also said, there is absolutely no work/life balance. If you sign on, you are welcoming the stress of carrying the world on your shoulders, with not much gratitude from management, you are ants to them. Sales...

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. You can't claim to be a community bank and care about the community when you cut back, under pay/benefit & under staff. We are also apart of the community.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-09-04

"Yikes - Client Services"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank

Pros

Great peers, great supervisors, and a good direct manager in my area. Flexible hours. That 's about all I can say that is good about this company.

Cons

Even though hours are flexible, it's part of a skeleton crew. No clear direction, and slow to hire the staff that is needed for daily business. The pay is terrible for what expectations are, and there are extremely limited chances to grow or move laterally. They change the incentive plans at whim to what they can afford at the moment, leaving employees confused. Technology is contracted to the lowest bidder. Delusional,...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees. Historically, when a company cuts it's workforce by closer to half, it's going to sell out sooner or later. Yet, they maintain that they aren't going to sell out. Also, the products and promotions are awful. They are ignorant of the economic realities of the area they serve. No ordinary person has the outrageous amounts of money that these promotions are requiring. Also, if you are going...

First Commonwealth Bank2016-04-08

"Not feeling first as a Client Service Specialist"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, nice hours, my direct supervisors were spectacular, my peers were fantastic. I truly enjoyed my job. Most of the clients you build a relationship with.

Cons

Upper management makes decisions that drastically affect hourly workers. If you're part-time you don't get adequate PTO but the current CBC manager is great about making it work if you need time off.

Advice to Management

Your employees are part of the community you serve. Making bad decisions that affect them & their family you're not only hurting them but hurting the community.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-03-24