First Commonwealth Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 92 reviews

3.1
First Commonwealth Bank CEO T. Michael Price
T. Michael Price

"The stress of carrying the world on your shoulders."

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Specialist in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Direct supervisors are extremely knowledgeable. Fellow employees are kind and compassionate. Holiday pay, PTO (although you must earn it month to month), dental/vision, 401k.

Cons

Plans to stop Shift Differential, Health Insurance cost is a joke for part timers (as well as PTO). ***Redefining full time as 30-35 hours a week (I assume benefit cuts are next on the list). As someone else has also said, there is absolutely no work/life balance. If you sign on, you are welcoming the stress of carrying the world on your shoulders, with not much gratitude from management, you are ants to them. Sales...

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. You can't claim to be a community bank and care about the community when you cut back, under pay/benefit & under staff. We are also apart of the community.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-09-04
  2. "Financial Services Representative"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank for less than a year

Pros

Flexible with hours. Management is efficient and will help you in all aspects of the work day. Can float to other branches to maximize hours.

Cons

Busy branches can often times be understaffed

First Commonwealth Bank2016-08-02

"Senior fsa"

Former Employee - Senior Fsa in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank for more than a year

Pros

Good learning experience. Decent benefits and pto

Cons

Pay, management blocks employee growth, over worked and understaffed

Advice to Management

Respect employees wishes when wanting growth within company.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-09-02

"The blind leading the blind"

Current Employee - FSS

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good first experience in customer service and banking for someone who has never previously had any. Customers are also easy to deal with.

Cons

First Commonwealth employees and management can't help their new people learn and grow. Everyone has their own way of doing things, which means there is no one right way to do something. As well, the structure they hold is terrible. The FSS position is advertised to deal with a little bit of everything in the retail banking industry. As you attempt to learn these aspects, you're not going to have much help around you...

Advice to Management

Be honest with people on what they are getting into or get lost, your ruining a great opportunity

First Commonwealth Bank2016-07-09

"The possibilities are endless"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Services Associate in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank for more than a year

Pros

Great staff, great management! If you're hungry and eager to grow as a banker they give you the chance to pro yourself. If you're fine with where you are, then they are fine with that as well. You're just expected to reach your quota which is expected at really any job. Great company and they truly do care about their clients.

Cons

They do show appreciation for their staff, just not enough in my opinion. They are always changing things as well, but its always something to make the work easier for both the clients and the staff. They health insurance was not very good when I was there. After you paid an arm and a leg out of pocket then you got good coverage.

Advice to Management

Just give the employees more recognition, make them excited about their jobs because from my experience the people I encountered there love what they do, and love who they work for. They just feel unappreciated a lot of the time.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-06-03
  6. "Teller"

Former Employee - Teller Services Representative II in Elizabeth, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank for more than 8 years

Pros

Coworkers were nice to work with. Nice environment. Close to home. Nice hours to work.

Cons

Pay was too low. Management difficult to deal with. No security in bank setting.

Advice to Management

Get better security if you care about your employees.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-06-19

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saltsburg, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank for more than 10 years

Pros

Satisfactory benefits compared to competitors

Cons

Company has been downsizing for years, resulting in many employees coming to work and learning unexpectedly that they no longer have a job.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate when downsizing. Advance notice to employees losing their jobs, for example.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-06-12
    • "Changes may be coming"

Former Employee - Lending in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is a rumor making the rounds that FCF is planning to remove their HR Management team and outsource their HR function to a third party provider. I can't find any verifiable evidence that this will occur but if true would be a tremendous improvement.

Cons

None if this were to occur

Advice to Management

Seriously consider outsourcing your HR Dept. They are the main reason for your lackluster financial performance.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-06-16

"No work-life balance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers are extremely nice and helpful. Technology is kept up to date and rolled out quickly. Employees are asked to participate in testing new products.

Cons

Management is a joke. They don't really give guidance or express expectations then rate you poorly for your job. Desks and chairs aren't comfortable and very old, nothing new for the workers only executives.

Advice to Management

Sitting in your office and not being in the work environment gives you no clear sense of how things are working or not working.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-05-17

"FSA"

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love and enjoy my coworkers and clients.

Cons

Reduction in the number of hours part time and full time employees work, which resulted in a mass exodus of employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. Also, be kind to everyone on your way up because they are the eople you will see on your way down.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-04-23