First Commonwealth Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

First Commonwealth Bank CEO T. Michael Price
T. Michael Price

"FSA"

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love and enjoy my coworkers and clients.

Cons

Reduction in the number of hours part time and full time employees work, which resulted in a mass exodus of employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. Also, be kind to everyone on your way up because they are the eople you will see on your way down.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-04-23

"FSS"

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank

Pros

Decent PTO, cheap insurance(however high deductable), good benifits.

Cons

Change in full time structure has most current employees looking for alternatives.

Advice to Management

If you worry too much about saving money you will lose what makes you money, your people.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-04-19
  3. "Bank in the midst of a turnaround strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are reasonable. 401K plan has a match up to 6% and a Roth option. The amount of paid time off given is good. Since First Commonwealth is a relatively smaller bank it is easier to get access to senior management. The company encourages mentorship and many senior employees are happy to do so.

Cons

Compensation is on the low end compared to other banks in the area. The company has underperformed its peers in the industry for some time, and senior management is getting desperate to turn things around. Our branch banking staff in particular are bearing the brunt of the turnaround/restructuring, with all non-management employees seeing hours cut back and total staffing being cut 30%- but the sales goals are still as...

Advice to Management

Listen to your rank and file employees. They are the ones who deal with customers every day and see how decisions made at the executive or board level, really impact our customers and staff.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-04-02

"Yikes - Client Services"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank

Pros

Great peers, great supervisors, and a good direct manager in my area. Flexible hours. That 's about all I can say that is good about this company.

Cons

Even though hours are flexible, it's part of a skeleton crew. No clear direction, and slow to hire the staff that is needed for daily business. The pay is terrible for what expectations are, and there are extremely limited chances to grow or move laterally. They change the incentive plans at whim to what they can afford at the moment, leaving employees confused. Technology is contracted to the lowest bidder. Delusional,...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees. Historically, when a company cuts it's workforce by closer to half, it's going to sell out sooner or later. Yet, they maintain that they aren't going to sell out. Also, the products and promotions are awful. They are ignorant of the economic realities of the area they serve. No ordinary person has the outrageous amounts of money that these promotions are requiring. Also, if you are going...

First Commonwealth Bank2016-04-08

"Cutting expenses - no loyalty"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Johnstown, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank

Pros

Great team of people to work with, at one point a feel of a small town caring organization.

Cons

Too many management changes - lost all continuity of direction

First Commonwealth Bank2016-04-11
  6. "Compensation"

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank

Pros

The job pays very well for a call center and is flexible with hours

Cons

No direction and failed technology

First Commonwealth Bank2016-03-23

"Not feeling first as a Client Service Specialist"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, nice hours, my direct supervisors were spectacular, my peers were fantastic. I truly enjoyed my job. Most of the clients you build a relationship with.

Cons

Upper management makes decisions that drastically affect hourly workers. If you're part-time you don't get adequate PTO but the current CBC manager is great about making it work if you need time off.

Advice to Management

Your employees are part of the community you serve. Making bad decisions that affect them & their family you're not only hurting them but hurting the community.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-03-24
  8. "First Commonwealth Bank"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people are one of the best reasons for working at First Commonwealth. Everyone seemed to be enthusiastic about their jobs and they were always willing to answer questions or lend a hand.

Cons

The down side of working for First Commonwealth is the unbalanced family life and work life.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-03-03
  9. "Office Manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager II - Officer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay. Incentive plan used to be very competitive, until they figured out the more complicated they made the carrot, the more they could save money by dangling it. The company was moving in a pretty positive direction until a decision was made to move its technology back to the stone ages

Cons

Silo'd attitude across lines of business. Business partners ask for the world and provide nothing in return and do nothing to build trust

Advice to Management

Get it together. Changing employees titles every so often, preaching accountability and picking and choosing when it is executed does not make for a sound financial institution

First Commonwealth Bank2016-03-08

"Financial solutions specialist"

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank full-time

Pros

It was once a fabulous place to grow, Now we are unsure.

Cons

Unless your in management there is no 40 hr work week, Thirty five or less is full time now, who knows what 2017 will bring, Our leaders are not forthcoming in all aspects of the future. They say leave if you are not happy here. Sad😓

Advice to Management

Remember our motto Core Values .

First Commonwealth Bank2016-03-16